Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Frequent Crashes

Kazi92
Kazi92
✭✭✭
Hello everybody,

since the new Patch went live i am experiencing a lot of crashes and would like to know if others have similiar experiences.

Heres some of my experiences so far:
On Tuesday i made a build and went into Cyrodiil. As soon as i found a fight i immediately crashed. I also crashed when i came to close a big group of players.

I also crashed at least 2 times just standing or jumping around in a city.

Yesterday i played one of the new Dungeons 'The Cauldron' with friends and crashed on the last boss around 6 or 7 times until i gave up and did not complete the dungeon. I changed my graphics to low but that did not helped at all.

My crashes go straight to the desktop with a crash report window.
The cpu, gpu, storage and ram usage is normal as well as my temperatures, so I dont think its a hardware issue.
I am using the steam client.

Since i cannot narrow down the issue and havent seen many complaining about crashes i just wanted to ask if this is something more people experience or not.

Thank you and have a great day :)
Edited by ZOS_Bill on March 14, 2021 6:20PM
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got 😖 send to login screen while fixing character.

😂 Hit message limit trying to cancel battleground cause I was in dungeon already. This sent me to login screen.

Randomly crashed in dungeon after troll fight.

But yeah check connection first and then do repair just in case
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kazi92 wrote: »
    Hello everybody,

since the new Patch went live i am experiencing a lot of crashes and would like to know if others have similiar experiences.

On Tuesday i made a build and went into Cyrodiil. As soon as i found a fight i immediately crashed. I also crashed when i came to close a big group of players.

Yesterday i played one of the new Dungeons 'The Cauldron' with friends and crashed on the last boss around 6 or 7 times until i gave up and did not complete the dungeon. I changed my graphics to low but that did not helped at all.

The cpu, gpu, storage and ram usage is normal as well as my temperatures, so I dont think its a hardware issue.

Since i cannot narrow down the issue and havent seen many complaining about crashes i just wanted to ask if this is something more people experience or not.

Make sure eso is closed.

Go to documents\elder scrolls online\live
    Delete shadercache.cooked
    Delete usersettings.txt

Restart game
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • xTAKISx
    xTAKISx
    ✭✭✭✭
    silky_soft wrote: »
    Hello everybody,

Make sure eso is closed.

Delete usersettings.txt

Restart game

NO! Do not do this! It's the servers not the game on your Hard Drives.
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xTAKISx wrote: »
    silky_soft wrote: »
    Hello everybody,

Make sure eso is closed.

Delete usersettings.txt

Restart game

NO! Do not do this! It's the servers not the game on your Hard Drives.

Crash report window isn't the server. Ser sends you back to title screen. It happens after a bad patch update.

Also make sure you are using minion to update all your addons.
    Edited by silky_soft on March 14, 2021 11:36AM
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • Kazi92
    Kazi92
    ✭✭✭
    I dont use addons, but i will try resetting the usersettings.txt. Thanks
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Kazi92

If the troubleshooting suggestions posted so far have not helped, you can find additional troubleshooting in our help article below.

What do I do if ESO is crashing with the error "ESO has stopped working"?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Kazi92
    Kazi92
    ✭✭✭
    quick little update if someone else experiences theese problems.

i tried the suggestions above as well as the ones in the faq and nothing worked so far.
    i cleany uninstalled eso with al its components and directories.

i will see if a fresh install will help, the repair option did not.
    will post here my results after testing
  • Nogawd
    Nogawd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have noticed more crashed this patch too. Several times per day.
  • RavenLake
    RavenLake
    ✭✭✭
    I've had no crashes before the patch and no crashes after. But then I run a super clean PC.
  • LeglessUK
    LeglessUK
    ✭✭✭
    I've been getting a few random crashes to desktop, especially when logging in a character, like you, it seems to be something that's happened over the last few days. PC/EU.
  • Nell_Mills
    Nell_Mills
    Soul Shriven
    I am having a lot of crashes since the new patch - around 5 a day.

They tend to happen in battles and when harvesting crafting nodes, but sometimes they just seem random.

I also run a very clean PC.

Edit: I also tried a complete reinstall, and that didn't work for me.
    Edited by Nell_Mills on March 16, 2021 7:05PM
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just found a repeatable way of getting a crash. There's a spot in Rimmen where merely standing there looking in the right direction and going AFK for a few minutes causes the crash repeatably for me at least.

pyovsgycl5bh.jpg

Too many toons not enough time
  • Kazi92
    Kazi92
    ✭✭✭
    after my reinstall i had no more crashes so far

@etchedpixels intresting, i will try that out :)
  • Kazi92
    Kazi92
    ✭✭✭
    Welp, today again 2 crashes within 15minutes...

i dont feel like reinstalling the game again and none of the solutions above helped
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Kazi92

If you've not done so yet, we recommend opening a ticket with customer support for further assistance with the crashing.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post