The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Zos or Steam?

Daedric45
Daedric45
Hello,
So last night Steam users had issues with logging in and I wasn't able to get it working until fairly late in the night through a work around in the files. Bit of a pain to have to do that every time but whatever, I will play around with other solutions when I get off work today.

Bigger issue is playing through Zos or Steam. I bought the game through Steam years ago and bought the latest expansion packs [Snip], but initially like I said through Steam so is there any way possible to have my account transferred somehow to work directly through ZOS and not through Steam anymore?

Furthermore, if there is no way to transfer would it make sense to go buy the latest expansion and subscribe to ESO + again and start over with ZOS as parent launcher and not have to worry about Steam again?

I have ESO+, several of the collectors Editions as well as physical Col Ed of Morrowind, bought different hairstyles and furniture parlor packs, all storage chests and 2 big houses as well as several medium houses on my Steam account as well as some smaller purchases.

Just need to know or get input from you all am I worrying too much or would it be worth it? I been playing for while now and haven't experienced any real issues with steam. I plan to play this game for years to come. This game for me is just so satisfying in so many ways I don't think I can ever play any other mmo again. Before someone asks, I am not a multiple account holder or anything, I usually play one account and thats it so having multiple accounts does not interests me.

Tldr: Steam user and I had issues last night logging in, should I somehow ask for a transfer to ZOS directly or keep playing steam and not worry about it. I have several crown unlocks on Steam account already so would it be worth it you think?

Thank You.

[Edited for advertising]
Edited by ZOS_Volpe on March 11, 2021 5:45PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Hi @Daedric45

There were some login issues for a short period on the PC-NA servers earlier that should be resolved now. As for your other question, If you own The Elder Scrolls Online through Steam it is not possible to launch the game without Steam unless you purchase a non-Steam version of ESO.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Daedric45
    Daedric45
    Ok thank you for the reply so for further clarification you guys would not even attempt or is not even possible to transfer a steam account to a non-Steam version.
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use steam, but if I had to do it over I'd go direct. Steam is just an additional layer of wait time and resource overhead really.
  • Daedric45
    Daedric45
    Yea I know, and I keep thinking I just want to start all over and do it right, but its gonna set me back and cost me good bit to get all my crown content back.