The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Disappointed.

Gabriyl
Gabriyl
✭✭
To all concerned,

Unfortunately, I cannot justify the monthly cost of $17.99, or $125.93 for partial content in game. In fact, that accessible content is a fraction of what I can use in any capacity in PvP. Now, I understand that the above, highlighted cost is negligible for Zenimax online studios to absord, but this is now the second game from the ZeniMax Media brand and it's conglomerates that I cannot play because of business decisions. I no longer play Fallout 76 and this adds the the amount of money that I cannot justify spending on incomplete games. Additionally, and sadly, this trend is becoming a historic example of expectations from any games associated with the ZeniMax Media, and ultimately it's new owner, Microsoft. I will be much more hesitant in the future with purchasing from the highlighted brands going forward. PvE, while fun, is finite. It gets boring relatively quick. As I pointed out months ago, every patch is predictable, a new public dungeon, a new trial, 4 new sets (likely one I can't even use now with the upcoming expansion, so why would I pay for an expansion I can't even fully utilize and enjoy?) and a new mount.

PvE is ok, but repetitive with learned mechanics. Any player can stand here for 26.3 secs and than move there for 13.6 secs and pull that lever and then stand on that tile... That is not my endgame, further, there is no more incentive for a PvPer such as myself to do PvE for improvement items such as Master weapons, Blackreach weapons, vateshran weapons or any overland or dungeon sets outside of the "allowed" sets. Recently, I can simply craft and buy my most important sets to be competitive in PvP; Spriggans and Hundings Rage for current PvP stam Characters. PvE is not my endgame content. PvP, where everything I've learned in PvE and gathered through PvE "endgame content" is true endgame content, where every fight I have, every interaction I encounter can't be anticipated through learned "mechanics". My opponents are equal opportunity adversaries too that I cannot assume will react in the manner I expect. THAT is true end game content. And I can no longer enjoy the vastly unique combinations of skills and gear to compete with and against. Even when I am not successful in PvP, I am both stimulated and entertained and I try to further better myself to prevent the failure from happening again. That is the extent of my PvE experience, the same can't be said for PvEers I bring into PvP. I can and have taught PvEers who have a intimated perspective of PvP to enjoy it as well. In fact, Boo went from a PvE trials player to a very successful small man grp player and aspires to play in PvP in a solo capacity when grps are limited. That player will be a very very good YOLO player once she knows her character's resources and sustain. She has even been crown for our Small man grp. She has been playing PvP for about 6 months and very humble about it.

In the interim period of this ineffective cost comparison and limited content access, I have taken a budgeted month's subscription and bought Val Heim. I am also on the testing for another preproduction game that looks promising too.

Perhaps, in seven months, I will return to ESO for my interactive and entertainment purposes once the current test has run it's course and my game content and potential is unlocked again.

The future of my online gaming content will be dictated by Microsoft's conglomerate, Zenimax Online Studio based on it's game direction in seven months. Hopefully, in the interim period, I do not find a game through my monthly budgeted entertainment funds that have been allocated from my Elder Scrolls Online subscription that I forego the unnecessary need to continue monetary movement between games and just stay with a new game. I really like this game and the associated PvP. It would be terrible to see such a great game fail due to poor business decisions like Fallout 76.

I understand the PvE makes the most income for this game and that PvPers are afterthoughts, and To all who like dislike PvP, and prefer PvE content, great, I understand not everyone is entertained by walking out of a keep and dying while getting teabagged ( yes, the PvP community can be toxic, but you, both new PvPes and PvEers in PvP, can be too, I get teabagged the most by low level players on Gabriyl), this isn't an attack on you as a person or your preferences. What I don't understand is the PvP vs PvE mentality and business concept, PvEers are generally not over reliable income generation. Sure, COVID artificially inflated their gaming numbers, and I would capitalize on that unfortunate but beneficial opportunity too, but After they reach their "endgame" content, most move on to newer games. I played Dark Age of Camelot for 10 years, until it's dying days and even now, play it's recent predecessor, phoenix rising.... that is 19 years later a now defunct company, Mythic, is STILL profiting off me... and Thousands like me. I even remade my Celtic Hero... as a PvPer. This us vs them (PvP vs PvE) really needs to stop, lag isn't exclusive to Cyrodiil and listening to a Trial raid come apart because of Lag in Cloudrest was somewhat entertaining for me.

Now, Gina, or some other Admin is gonna read through this and most likely lock this thread or delete it entirely, I am almost certain of that inevitability. Please, note, I exercised a great deal of restraint and presented my opinion in a professional manner, not to demonize the company, developers or programmers but to present a professional but counter view point from a dedicated PvPer. On contrary, Zenimax Online Studios have indeed done an amazing job over the last 6-7 years keeping me placated and entertained.

To the community, Please don't misconstrued my presented material above as some inappropriate band wagon of hate that you can jump on and ride with vitriolic malice. That is not the intent of this post, nor will I entertain reviled communication directly hateful comments to myself, other players or company employees. I've posted like three or four times on the forum in the last seven years, I can assure you, this is my interpretation, my piece, my opinion and I will have no more to say on this topic or in this thread.

With regards,

Gabriyl
  • Psiion
    Psiion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

Seeing as this is a Quitting/Goodbye Thread, we have gone ahead and closed it down as it is our policy to read the feedback in “goodbye” and “quitting” threads and close them, regardless of whether they are constructive or not.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.