The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

[Solved] 10GB memory leak. How do i fix this?

PaddyVu
PaddyVu
✭✭✭✭
p7jo5n5ztgkh.png
Memory increase by 4MB/s and up to 10GB total before game crash. I need some help !
UPDATE :
OMG i found the fix, after searching solution for a while, i install addon called " Shissu's LUA Memory " and let it clear garbage memory every 30s. I cant believe each 30s my memory increase over 200MB
mj0kcyocz48s.png
Now i have stable 3GB ESO WOOT HOOT !
x58qm89pve5q.png
Update 2 : After disable all addons and reactive, i found out Master Merchant 3.0 leak memory over and over again, the weird thing is, it only leak from my main account ( Steam -> Launcher ) but it wont leak from my alt account ( eso64.exe )
Edited by PaddyVu on March 5, 2021 3:34PM
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I solved it the only way I found OK - upgraded my RAM to 24 GB and now I dont even care
    Awake, but at what cost
    Options
  • spekdah
    spekdah
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds excessive, don't have a rogue addon?
    Options
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TwinLamps wrote: »
    I solved it the only way I found OK - upgraded my RAM to 24 GB and now I dont even care

I have 16 gig now, we shouldn't have to buy 4 sticks of 8 gig each for $200 to play ESO.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.
    Options
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    twev wrote: »
    TwinLamps wrote: »

I have 16 gig now, we shouldn't have to buy 4 sticks of 8 gig each for $200 to play ESO.

I agree...
    Awake, but at what cost
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My ESO shows only about 2,138.0 MB of memory being used, and I've been running around Vvardenfell, Clockwork City, and a couple of other zones for the last 2-and-a-half hours. I don't use any add-ons; and I also keep my graphics settings on low or medium, which might be a factor. But your numbers do seem pretty excessive. How many add-ons do you use, and what sort of graphics settings?
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • AyaDark
    AyaDark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just relog the game fully each 1-2 hour.

Or it works bad and i just suffer and play with it
    Edited by AyaDark on March 4, 2021 8:46AM
    Options
  • PaddyVu
    PaddyVu
    ✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    My ESO shows only about 2,138.0 MB of memory being used, and I've been running around Vvardenfell, Clockwork City, and a couple of other zones for the last 2-and-a-half hours. I don't use any add-ons; and I also keep my graphics settings on low or medium, which might be a factor. But your numbers do seem pretty excessive. How many add-ons do you use, and what sort of graphics settings?
    I use a lot of addons, over 15+. My graphic is on low except sub sampling is high
    Options
  • PaddyVu
    PaddyVu
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is not addon fault because if i run eso from directly folder with all addon still activate, everything just stay at 2GB stable, but somehow with launcher, it increase up to 10GB OMG
    Options
  • nckg84
    nckg84
    ✭✭✭
    Uninstall ESO and never look back. Problem fixed.
    Options
  • PaddyVu
    PaddyVu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reloadui sometimes work, reduce from 10GB to 3GB but mostly it will disconnect me from server with " time out " thing and i have to restart game again, i really need some help without restarting the game
    Options
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too many out of date add ons can cause this. I had to uninstall wykidd due to it. But once i did it fixed it.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
    Options
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nckg84 wrote: »
    Uninstall ESO and never look back. Problem fixed.

Extreme solution, but 100% effective. ;)
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO uses about 2330 MB on my system - with 62 addons.
    Options
  • linuxlady
    linuxlady
    ✭✭✭✭
    use linux. problem solved.
    Options
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PaddyVu wrote: »
    This is not addon fault because if i run eso from directly folder with all addon still activate, everything just stay at 2GB stable, but somehow with launcher, it increase up to 10GB OMG

Don't use the Launcher unless direct program complains that your version of ESO is out of date. Then run launcher to update game. Then shut down Launcher and run directly. Lots of people have issues with Launcher in the background and avoid it unless absolutely necessary.
    Options
  • PaddyVu
    PaddyVu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    PaddyVu wrote: »

Don't use the Launcher unless direct program complains that your version of ESO is out of date. Then run launcher to update game. Then shut down Launcher and run directly. Lots of people have issues with Launcher in the background and avoid it unless absolutely necessary.

How do i avoid launcher? I run the game from steam that require launcher, even after launch the game and force shut down launcher, it still increase 4MB/s, all non-launcher run perfectly fine, stable at 2GB only
    Options
  • PaddyVu
    PaddyVu
    ✭✭✭✭
    OMG i found the fix, after searching solution for a while, i install addon called " Shissu's LUA Memory " and let it clear garbage memory every 30s. I cant believe each 30s my memory increase over 200MB
    mj0kcyocz48s.png
    Now i have stable 3GB ESO WOOT HOOT !
    x58qm89pve5q.png
    Options
  • PaddyVu
    PaddyVu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Update 2 : After disable all addons and reactive, i found out Master Merchant 3.0 leak memory over and over again, the weird thing is, it only leak from my main account ( Steam -> Launcher ) but it wont leak from my alt account ( eso64.exe )
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We appreciate the updates letting us know the issue is resolved. We will now be closing this thread from further discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.