The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Content Write Failed?

AmendmentI
AmendmentI
✭✭✭
I've had this popup while I'm downloading the game on pc for the first time. The game gets to 19% and then stops downloading with that message at the bottom. I restarted my pc and the download already.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @AmendmentI

One reason you may be getting this error is due to the permissions set in your anti-virus software. Please try the troubleshooting found in our help article here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • AmendmentI
    AmendmentI
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE trying to download it again now after following those steps. But I didn't have-

ESO.exe: C:\Program Files (x86)\ZenimaxOnline\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\eso.exe
    ESO64.exe: C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\eso64.exe

The only one I could add to exceptions was-

Bethesda.net_launcher: C:\Program Files (x86)\ZenimaxOnline\Launcher

The other 2 files weren't there after following the pathway. There was no "game" folder in the "The Elder Scrolls Online" folder. And I didn't even try to locate the fourth because I didn't download the game from steam.

Edit: The only folder there is a "depot" folder with patch data and depot files inside
    Edited by AmendmentI on February 25, 2021 6:53PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @AmendmentI

Could you provide a screenshot of the exact error that is currently popping up during the download?
    Staff Post
  • AmendmentI
    AmendmentI
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE I can if it fails again. I restarted it all again after turning off my firewall entirely. But the 2 error messages have been "Content write failed" and "Webget request failed"
  • AmendmentI
    AmendmentI
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE it finally finished downloading after some time yesterday! Thanks
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thank you for the update that the download has now finished. Since the issue has been resolved, we are going to close the thread going forward.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.