Maintenance for the week of April 1:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 1

Waiting 24 hours for you to send me an access code to log into a game I own???

Gabrielswings1935
When prompted to change my password for this site you sent it right to me. So why do I have to wait for you to send me an access code to the actual game? Send it!
And don't tell me how to trouble shoot. I've done all that already. And don't give me a customer service email or number where you'll never help me anyway. Make it happen. This is preposterous.
Edited by Gabrielswings1935 on January 31, 2021 12:14PM
  • Gabrielswings1935
    When will this be resolved? I've sent a ticket to your customer service even with all the information you've asked for including my game code. Obviously a waste of time. Respond please.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If you have done everything listed here and have still not gotten the access code, you should contact customer support to request we change your email address by selecting "No Longer Have Access / Can't Remember Email on Account" in the Issue Type field on this form.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Gabrielswings1935
    I have followed those directions and I do in fact remember my email address and have complete access to it. You emailed me to reset my password for the forums just today. I received it and reset my password.
    What is the problem on your end? Simply send me an access code please.
  • Gabrielswings1935
    I've filled out yet another form to try to resolve this. It's been well over 24 hours now and I still do not have an access code. I've sent you all the information needed including my original game code from when I purchased the game in 2017. Please respond by simply sending me an activation code so that I may enter the game I've paid you for.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Gabrielswings1935

If you've opened a ticket with customer support, you can post your ticket number here so we can check on its status.
    Staff Post
  • Gabrielswings1935
    reference #:210201-004402
  • Gabrielswings1935
    This is the fourth day since I reinstalled the game and the reference number to the fourth ticket I've sent you.
    Please resolve this asap.

reference #:210202-004214

Upon logging in the game tells me I'm to be sent and activation code since I'm on a new PC. The email address on file with you is working and accepts emails from you as of the last couple of days. Please send me an activation code, so I can enjoy the game and since I've paid for a license to play the game.

Thank you.
  • Gabrielswings1935
    Also, I am receiving emails from your company at the email associated with my account. I checked to be sure the ESO app is allowed through my firewall. I've even taken steps to completely turn off my firewall and antivirus and logged in several times leaving my firewall and antivirus off for an hour or so while doing this. But there is no email sent to me with an activation code the client is asking for.
    Please send me an activation code.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Gabrielswings1935

Please check your forum PMs for an update on the tickets you've submitted.
    Staff Post
  • Gabrielswings1935
    I checked my PM's. Basically you just told me the same thing you've been telling me and that was to take some troubleshooting steps and that you're looking into it. Look again. This is getting ridiculous. It's been five days. I just filled out my 5th ticket. Reference #:210203-006889.

I've taken every step you've asked me to and a few I've searched for in the forums, and still no code.
    In the tickets I've sent you I've included my game code, my name, the answer to my security question and the exact date I bought ESO and opened my account in 2017. What else would you possibly need?
    This is utterly preposterous. Please send an activation code immediately.
  • Ellimist_Entreri
    Ellimist_Entreri
    ✭✭✭
    You might have better luck replying to the same ticket each time you get a response, rather than starting a fresh ticket every day which is effectively just you placing yourself back at the end of the queue and resetting whatever progress may have been made on the issue in a previous ticket.

It is worth noting that replying to a ticket multiple times before a response is received also places the ticket back down in queue.

Just a couple of observations from my own experience with Customer Support :)
    Edited by Ellimist_Entreri on February 4, 2021 1:30AM
  • Gabrielswings1935
    Noted. Yeah, they informed me that's the case yesterday. How wonderful. Basically you set waiting for a possible response for not hours but days, so you can enjoy a game you've already bought a license to play. And even then it's a hit or miss they'll even come up with an idea that actually helps, and then you're waiting several more days.

You see they did respond to me in one email to one ticket and I did everything they suggested. Emailed them back to let them know which they asked me to do, and they never responded.

That said, I'd be willing to bet that if I were a subscriber and my card didn't automatically pay this month's subscription I'd be rushed to the very front of the line to revoke my 'Plus' privileges.

It's really simple. Instead of emailing me any more suggestions and just sending me to the troubleshooting page, simply send me an access code in one of those emails.