Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why does my games fps go low?

Adam_Chattaway
Adam_Chattaway
✭✭✭✭
Running a 2080 super + 9700k @ 5 in the starting island for DC. When outside i get pretty much 100 fps cap exploring/questing but for example when i go to a city my fps drops to 30-45 but my GPU and CPU utilization from rivatuner says its using 30% CPU and 40% GPU. If i'm not using anywhere near full CPU or GPU why does my fps drop so much and not remain capped at 100?
I was once Banned for making a game criticism. Think about that.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scripts.

Lots of NPCs, lots of Scripts.

Lots of Players, player pets, duels, momentos etc. It all has to be rendered.

Dropping your View Distance a bit can help. Should not need much of a drop.

And, Cities are not where you need FPS anyway, it's not like there are big battles there. All the action is out where you get good FPS.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    There has been troubleshooting posted in the thread below that may help with your framerate issues.

Severe FPS drop after greymoor chapter release #2
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Adam_Chattaway
    Adam_Chattaway
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Scripts.

Lots of NPCs, lots of Scripts.

Lots of Players, player pets, duels, momentos etc. It all has to be rendered.

Dropping your View Distance a bit can help. Should not need much of a drop.

And, Cities are not where you need FPS anyway, it's not like there are big battles there. All the action is out where you get good FPS.

But should my FPS drop is my cpu and gpu and not even at 50% usage?
    I was once Banned for making a game criticism. Think about that.