Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A bit sad and feeling deceived!

Princess_Kassiopeia
Princess_Kassiopeia
✭✭✭✭
I paid for the Valkyn Skoria items seeing a Character dressed in flame an looking very much like the Valkyn Characters I fought in Skyrim. I thought it was quite beautiful actually so I paid £18 for some Crowns and bought it as it's write up said and I quote... "... by using this complete set of outfit styles." only to find that there are no outfits at all, just, in my case, a rather unflambouyant looking staff to use. No clothing outfits. But it said "... by using this complete set of outfit styles."!!! There ARE not outfit styles to wear the weapons with.

I'm unhappy. It's a real shame. How do I speak to customer support and say that I feel this way and would rather spend my money on something far more inspiring than 1 dribbling staff for that money!!! This has given me a very uncomfortable feeling.
"All young girls think they are Princesses. Life teaches that we have to also be warriors."
Menelaus, king of Sparta and his wife, Helen of Troy.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When they say "complete set of outfit styles" it is extremely misleading. For those that have seen these packs come and go monthly for a while now, we're aware that they are just weapon packs, but ZOS could definitely be a bit more clear on what's included in the actual description.

You can right click and select bundle details to see exactly what's included, but they definitely shouldn't use the word "complete" when describing the pack. It isn't even a complete set of weapon styles, let alone clothing/armor styles.
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be aware of ZOS' shady descriptions and marketing artwork before purchasing. You can preview items in Crown store most of the time to learn how they look in "reality".
    PC-NA
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree the description is misleading. Definitely always check the actual items in packs before buying! You should be able to get a refund if you submit a ticket on the website.
  • Princess_Kassiopeia
    Princess_Kassiopeia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree the description is misleading. Definitely always check the actual items in packs before buying! You should be able to get a refund if you submit a ticket on the website.

Thankyou for your time. I dont mind a Crown Credit to purchase elements at a later date. But it does smack of deceit and that's the discomfort.

"All young girls think they are Princesses. Life teaches that we have to also be warriors."
  • BisDasBlutGefriert
    BisDasBlutGefriert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moloch1514 wrote: »
    Be aware of ZOS' shady descriptions and marketing artwork before purchasing. You can preview items in Crown store most of the time to learn how they look in "reality".

... except for the greymoor collectors set vampire lord statue. Everyone got bent over that time, even after seeing a picture of what it was supposed to look like...
    ~There’s a positive in every negative. Sometimes the positive is harder to find than other times, but there is ALWAYS one there~
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thankyou for your time. I dont mind a Crown Credit to purchase elements at a later date. But it does smack of deceit and that's the discomfort.

I understand that! I was focused on what could be done to make things right, but you’re absolutely right about the description of a “complete set of outfit styles” being very misleading, especially when combined with the picture! :(
    Edited by Araneae6537 on January 22, 2021 3:08AM
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think a small part of the confusion is that some people don't consider weapons a part of an "outfit", so when the term "outfit style" is presented, they are only thinking the clothes they would wear in real life...shoes, shirt, pants, maybe gloves etc. No a lot of people in rl would also consider a weapon as part of their daily outfit. But in ESO, weapons are very much apart of your outfit, so the terms "outfit style" could me weapons or clothes.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a small part of the confusion is that some people don't consider weapons a part of an "outfit", so when the term "outfit style" is presented, they are only thinking the clothes they would wear in real life...shoes, shirt, pants, maybe gloves etc. No a lot of people in rl would also consider a weapon as part of their daily outfit. But in ESO, weapons are very much apart of your outfit, so the terms "outfit style" could me weapons or clothes.

That’s true, but especially in ESO, I would expect a COMPLETE outfit style to include both, and the picture reinforces the expectation in my opinion.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Even then, never a boss-themed weapon styles set has been a complete one. Where's the rest of styles for one- and two-handed weapons?
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel you. They got me back when they introduced the horse/stable for your home. I don't remember the wording but something along the lines of training your horse skills(of course I'm thinking a trainer for my alts at one of my homes! Awesome!) Turns out it was a decorative non functioning "stable" with a single training book in speed/cap/stamina. Since then I always look and never assume. It makes you feel like those memes you see of people ordering off wish....only it's not cheaper
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nairinhe wrote: »

Even then, never a boss-themed weapon styles set has been a complete one. Where's the rest of styles for one- and two-handed weapons?

Exactly this. They do not even give you a full weapon skin loadout. Often missing 2 handed axes, or maces, or one handed something or another. Its not complete because no armor is included, and its UBER NOT complete by omitting weapons.
  • Princess_Kassiopeia
    Princess_Kassiopeia
    ✭✭✭✭

"A complete set of outfit styles." leaves no room for doubt.
    It's a complete set.
    It wasn't correctly worded as "..that will compliment any set of outfit styles!"
    Or even "... to complete your set of outfit styles!"
    ...but... "A complete set of outfit styles."

The english language isn't so delimited that its descriptives should be so deceiving.
  • Princess_Kassiopeia
    Princess_Kassiopeia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Moloch1514 wrote: »

... except for the greymoor collectors set vampire lord statue. Everyone got bent over that time, even after seeing a picture of what it was supposed to look like...

What was this about?
  • Silaf
    Silaf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Contact support. If you explain your reason maybe they will help.
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings all,

After review, we would like to remind everyone that Bashing is a violation of the Community Guidelines and is stated as follows:
    • Bashing and Slanderous Comments: We do not permit the bashing of individuals (including ZeniMax employees), groups, or other companies on our forums. We believe that doing so is neither constructive nor in spirit of our game and community.
    While we understand that members may get upset about words or actions that may be taken, be it on the forums or in somewhere else, Bashing is still not something that is allowed. If something does happen that anyone feels is not alright, or that they disagree with, we do ask that a support ticket be submitted and that as much detail as possible be included.

If there may be any questions in regard to the rules, please take a few moments to review them here.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on January 23, 2021 4:05AM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • what_the
    what_the
    ✭✭✭
    When you can click on an iiem set/bundle or whatever you can actually see/preview what items it includes, and you can preview any of those items on your character before you by the bundle, I don't understand where the confusion is, because there is absolutely no mystery as to what items are included in bundles in the crown store.
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what_the wrote: »
    When you can click on an iiem set/bundle or whatever you can actually see/preview what items it includes, and you can preview any of those items on your character before you by the bundle, I don't understand where the confusion is, because there is absolutely no mystery as to what items are included in bundles in the crown store.

For many it's simply a "duh" moment(like my earlier example of "mastering your horse with your own stable" and assuming it's more than a decorative piece with one skill up each. Lesson learned and don't assume. For some....it seems to be more...personal.(all I'll say on that since its the nicest way I can answer your question) kinda like when they first introduced bankers you could purchase. Not having guild bank options wasn't listed at the time, and some were upset.