The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Roleplaying mechanics are missing

Shepoffire
Shepoffire
✭✭✭
I find it quite upsetting that there are so many beds in tamirel and you can't seem to lay in any ot them. This one just wants to lay her head down after a long days work with the undaunted. You can easily make it similar to sitting in chairs. This honestly is breaking my immersion and not want to play the game
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've brought this up before. I suggested having activating beds give the option to log out of the game and by doing this the next time you log in (if it's been more than six hours) you get a 50% XP bonus for one hour. It can be called the "Well Rested Bonus".
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've brought this up before. I suggested having activating beds give the option to log out of the game and by doing this the next time you log in (if it's been more than six hours) you get a 50% XP bonus for one hour. It can be called the "Well Rested Bonus".

cant say no to free xp :shrug:
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a lot of furniture that can't be interacted with in ways that would make sense, unfortunately.

Beds that can't be slept in.
    Desks that can't hold things.
    Cupboards that can't hold things.
    Dressers that can't hold things.
    And so on...

On the one hand I understand why these limitations are there from a programming perspective especially in a multiplayer game, but it was pretty disappointing that when we finally did get storage chests we couldn't make... I don't know... exiting furniture that obviously is used for storage into storage chests?
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about "home cooked meals" giving a 20 minute duration bonus to foods cooked in your own home? Give me more incentive to have a home sweet home in the game.
  • Scardan
    Scardan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are not many roleplaying mechanics at all. If you want to play an absolutely stupid orc, just a complete idiot, this roleplay will be imaginary, since nothing in the game will change for you. There is no "intelligence" stat to begin with and no skill checks :D

All characters are the same and the presence of "personalities" as a collection of gestures that your character makes while standing or running or walking does not give the necessary depth because the NPCs do not address you differently. They don't even care that a friend of their king is standing in front of them or savior from Nirn or high ranked assasin guild member. Most quests are on rails and nothing changes after we decided something. And you are sad because you cannot lay in bed :DDD ?

I like that ESO tries to give us some roleplaying elements, but I just freaking love this game for its other stuff. I try to roleplay here too, but my options are VERY limited. :)
    Edited by Scardan on January 11, 2021 4:45PM
    Let's be extremely precise in our use of terms.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

Recently we've had to remove a few posts for flaming, content that is against the Forum Rules. For further posts be sure to stay constructive and respectful to avoid thread derailment.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post