The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Will Elder Scrolls 6 kill Elder Scrolls Online?

• MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to think so, but so many of my guildmates don't really seem to care much about the lore, the ongoing story, any of that stuff, that I'm not sure THAT many ESO players are actually here because they're big TES fans.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raideen wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    Something is amiss. Saying yes TE 6 will kill ESO is also saying the player will keep playing ESO.

The answer contradicts itself.

no because it was a question. read the title again

I did and suggest you read the yes answer.

73%, at this point, are saying they will keep playing ESO even though they are saying Yes, TES 6 will kill ESO. That is pretty much a contradiction.

Actually they are correct.

If you actually read my post the question was
    So the poll question is. Will you still play ESO when Elder Scrolls 6 comes out?

You assumed the title was the question to the poll, it is not. Pixiepumpkin is correct.

The question on the poll itself, and the title to which that person told me to read again is as follows, and I quote.,
    I guess the real issue is that a question was posed in the OP that is extremely different and almost contradictory to the question that makes up the title and the question built into the poll.

And no. I did not assume the question in the title was for the poll. I assume the question built into the poll was the question for the poll. A very solid assumption.
    Something is amiss. Saying yes TE 6 will kill ESO is also saying the player will keep playing ESO.

73%, at this point, are saying they will keep playing ESO even though they are saying Yes, TES 6 will kill ESO. That is pretty much a contradiction.

So the poll question is. Will you still play ESO when Elder Scrolls 6 comes out?

You assumed the title was the question to the poll, it is not. Pixiepumpkin is correct.

The question on the poll itself, and the title to which that person told me to read again is as follows, and I quote.,
    I guess the real issue is that a question was posed in the OP that is extremely different and almost contradictory to the question that makes up the title and the question built into the poll.

And no. I did not assume the question in the title was for the poll. I assume the question built into the poll was the question for the poll. A very solid assumption.
    Edited by idk on December 31, 2020 12:17AM
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If they don’t invest money into upgrading their awful servers ESO will die long before TES6 is released.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I used to think so, but so many of my guildmates don't really seem to care much about the lore, the ongoing story, any of that stuff, that I'm not sure THAT many ESO players are actually here because they're big TES fans.

For my own selfish desires, I hope your experience lends more to the true nature of the ESO player base. I have no interest in Elder Scrolls 6, but I do have a concern that once its launched it will take many players away from ESO.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I already answered this.
    That is an issue of formatting and out of my control, hence why I asked above the poll
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I already answered this.
    That is an issue of formatting and out of my control, hence why I asked above the poll

I had realized from your last post that the error was when creating the poll the wrong information was entered. It seems it can be tricky sometimes.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I already answered this.

I had realized from your last post that the error was when creating the poll the wrong information was entered. It seems it can be tricky sometimes.

Right information, wrong place would be more accurate...which again is due to the limits of formatting, and out of my control in an edit.
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't see stopping to play ESO

TES 6 will only bring more people to the platform.

Its bough out by Microsoft hence more focus will go into it for the long term.

People are coming from WoW to ESO and saying how amazing it is.

FInal Fantasy and TES are just too big to fail, They Both faceplanted at release and look at them now.
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Wolf81
    Wolf81
    ✭✭✭
    Someone forgets how buggy Skyrim(ESV) was at launch..fans did most of the bug fixes by mods. Single player game usually doesn't influence the mmo archetypes. Now Ashes of Creation with possible release Q4 of 2021 might be another story.
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avowed will kill ESO and ES6 will help bury the body.
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only Elder Scrolls game I've ever played is ESO. I have no interest in single player games. TES6 will make no difference to my gaming as I'm not interested in it.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ImmortalCX wrote: »
    It will definitely impact it, if not right away then 1-2 years down the line. The graphics in ESO will look pathetic in comparison.

IF es6 has multiplayer mode, then I wont play eso anymore.

this ^
  • Psiion
    Psiion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings all,

After review, we have gone ahead and closed this thread down as it is non-constructive in nature, and has derailed into Baiting. Please remember that the forums are intended to be a place for civil and constructive discussion, and to keep the Forum's Community Rules in mind when posting or replying.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.