Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Since noone seemed to have pointed that one out yet...

Hellmasker
Hellmasker
✭✭✭
I found this funny announcement from ZoS on Steam and would like to share it with you guys. It speaks for itself :p

https://steamcommunity.com/games/306130/announcements/detail/2883955091545935026
Asgar Hellmasker, Silencer of the Dark Brotherhood
  • Stahlor
    Stahlor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTF - that person in charge, that is responsible for the Markarth-DLC release, even though they knew it is completely buggy, should get its ass kicked! And now, as the game has reached its worst state ever, they are asking for a love-reward?
  • Hellmasker
    Hellmasker
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, I told you it's funny. But it's not just them. Bethesda itself is asking the players to nominate FO76 for "Outstanding Story-Rich" aswell... and Doom Eternal for "Most Innovative Gameplay" - While Doom is certainly not a bad game, the modding community did most of the innovations since 1994... and better even. :#
  • NEMESIS_97
    NEMESIS_97
    ✭✭✭
    Hellmasker wrote: »
    I found this funny announcement from ZoS on Steam and would like to share it with you guys. It speaks for itself :p

https://steamcommunity.com/games/306130/announcements/detail/2883955091545935026

:D
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Their game love child.... bro ima need to call game child protective services for neglect and abuse... for once i will not be nominating anything for zos or bethesda not in the state the game is in now...
  • Guyle
    Guyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure there needs to be some actual labor to qualify for that
  • vestahls
    vestahls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guyle wrote: »

I'm wondering what's worse: if there's no labour, or if there is but it just makes things worse every time.

Cause honestly, if they just worked for 2 years on the new expansion like WoW does, the game would probably be better off.
    “He is even worse than a n'wah. He is - may Vivec forgive me for uttering this word - a Hlaalu.”
    luv Abnur
    luv Rigurt
    luv Stibbons

'ate Ayrenn
    'ate Razum-dar
    'ate Khamira

simple as
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's definitely labor. It's for profit though. Not love.
  • eKsDee
    eKsDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just when I thought they couldn't possibly get any more tone deaf...
    Edited by eKsDee on November 30, 2020 12:05PM
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol, with all the issues i doubt more than a few RPers who experience no issues would actually really recommend this game atm.
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I haven't played eso in a bit. What is this now. Markarth is broken?
  • iksde
    iksde
    ✭✭✭✭
    vestahls wrote: »
    Guyle wrote: »

I'm wondering what's worse: if there's no labour, or if there is but it just makes things worse every time.

Cause honestly, if they just worked for 2 years on the new expansion like WoW does, the game would probably be better off.

worse is having labout doing only worse job, it is showing how they have nowhere players and just ignore everything while with no labour it would be just lack of it and so option to get it finally after just ignoring it before
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok.. putting the bugs, glitches, crashes and all the technical issues that are plaguing the game aside for a moment, the game is quite massive and awe-inspiring. It is imaginatively detailed, beautiful and many sceneries can be breathtaking. Characters and NPCs look good, and there are fine colors, animation and depth and texture to structures and environment. Additionally, they are consistent with the periodic push of new dlcs and chapters. Thus, arguably, for the development and design aspects of the game, there are seemingly a lot of hard work and labor the devs and support team have put into the game. They do excel on the development, design and creation aspects. For this, they do deserve a lot of credit, kudos and praises. Internally, I perceive they should have received some form of rewards, awards and praises of some stature.

Now, for the aspect of QC, patches and maintenance, they do not excel at all. It has been consistent that the game has been broken immediately following each and every dlc and chapter releases. I'm wagering that there are separate teams that focus on different areas. Teams that may just focus on the design and development; whereas; others deal with QC, patches and maintenance. Although, they excel with the design and development areas, whoevers are tasked with QC and patches have some issues. Yes, this Markarth dlc is bad; the worst I have experienced this game in years. Internally, this folks should have been scolded and leadership moved. That is just me, though.

Lastly, to be fair, I can see they do deserve the labor of love award for the design and development of the game. However, they deserve the labor of mudballs award for the QC and patches areas. Ha ha

• Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long can you give a vote for this award? Gona give NMS a vote.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No matter how much those devs who care love what they do it's more than negated by those who don't give a skeever's tail. And monetization department.
  • pihlaja
    pihlaja
    ✭✭✭
    I would really appreciate if people actually used the thread topic as a topic and not some random clickbait nonsense. Especially since this forum is extremely slow in downloading pages and always refreshes itself when returning to the topic listing or forum main page... Also, how about summarising the content you are linking to? Many of us might have read the post already and visiting the page is totally useless in that case. Plus I’m not into opening some random Steam or other links to some random posts I don’t even know what they are about. This also applies to all of you Youtubers, who try to lure people into clicking your videos without enough context.
    Edited by pihlaja on November 30, 2020 2:07PM
  • Khallarion
    Khallarion
    ✭✭
    Hellmasker wrote: »

It's funny, I nominated it as "Labor of Love", but based on my own experience. I mean, it's an MMO, the lore and environment of MMOs are usually rich and we spend part of our lives there, interacting with the world, making friends and so on. So, after a couple of years, or a decade, as the example of WoW, it's natural to have a big community, also lots of work done, so indeed, it's a labor of love, not limiting to ESO, obviously.

It's funny though they asking to their community to nominate that, I mean, this should be natural, you don't actually need to ask that if you're sure and proud of your game, or your endeavours. We can nominate the same game in a different category, thus asking that is to limit people's choice, based on specific conditions they think are applicable to the easiest nomination they think might be achieved through this specific time of game, or title.

But well, since they're asking, not demanding, it's ok! I already did that even before asked, as stated, so just expressing my thoughts.
  • Hellmasker
    Hellmasker
    ✭✭✭
    pihlaja wrote: »
    I would really appreciate if people actually used the thread topic as a topic and not some random clickbait nonsense. Especially since this forum is extremely slow in downloading pages and always refreshes itself when returning to the topic listing or forum main page... Also, how about summarising the content you are linking to? Many of us might have read the post already and visiting the page is totally useless in that case. Plus I’m not into opening some random Steam or other links to some random posts I don’t even know what they are about. This also applies to all of you Youtubers, who try to lure people into clicking your videos without enough context.

I kindly apologize. The thread was by no means meant as a clickbait. Just an announcement they made which I wanted to share. I'm not a very frequent poster here, and if I have something like this again in the future, I'll do better. I will however leave it as it is for now...
  • ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review we have closed this thread as there is a lot of Bashing going on. Please ensure when engaging in a thread that the discussion remains civil, constructive, and within the rules.

You are welcome to review the Community Rules here.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.