The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

[SOLVED] Is there a line I could add in UserSettings.txt to move the game window?

Sylvermynx
Sylvermynx
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
In Skyrim there's "iLocation x =" and "iLocation y =" where you can input offset pixel amounts to move the game window automatically on login instead of having to drag it with the cursor, which is what I'd like to be able to do with ESO.

@ZOS_BillE
Edited by Sylvermynx on November 28, 2020 1:00AM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm. Guess that's a hard "NO" then.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we have no idea what you are asking about. Most of us play full windowed (fullscreen) or just plain full screen. So our game window takes up the full monitor.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't do that - full screen is just plain icky for me. When the game window opens it's in the far upper left corner of my left screen. I want it to open in the far lower right corner of my left screen because that's where I always have games open - because it's comfortable for viewing angle. The game window I run at 1562 x 992 pixels which leaves a solid black area for my eyes to land on when too much is going on in the game - if there's a lot of activity and flashy spell stuff my vertigo gets upset.

So I'd like to add instruction-set lines in UserSettings.txt to open the game window where I like it, instead of having to move it with the cursor before logging in. But if that's not a possibility in this game, I'll just keep manually moving it.
    Edited by Sylvermynx on November 26, 2020 11:23PM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solved this with help from Baertram, andy.s and Sirinsidiator through the ESOUI forums - two solutions offered: AutoHotKey (which I think isn't a good idea for games where it may cause suspicion of botting) and DisplayFusion. I bought the personal version of DisplayFusion (on sale for $14.50 US). Great program, does lots of wonderful stuff with Windows 10 that helps me in other directions too.
    Edited by Sylvermynx on November 28, 2020 1:01AM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We appreciate letting us know the issue is resolved. We are now going to close out this discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.