The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

PC/NA GROUP FINDER PLACING NORMAL GROUPS INTO VET

Nordic__Knights
Nordic__Knights
✭✭✭✭✭
for two days now everytime i que for my NORMAL daily after 15 mins or so in que it will place the group into VET not letting my lvl 42 travel in . this is an bug within the group finder that needs fixed as for two days now i havent been able to get my bonus XP nor my event item for this reason
Edited by ZOS_Bill on November 2, 2020 6:49PM
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had that happening as well, make sure under GROUP you are set to normal AND under GROUP FINDER.

Also having an issue with 2 characters being stuck in Q and cannot leave it, tried relogging, changing characters, dying, grouping with a different lead and having them Q, nothing works...those two characters are still in Q 8 hours now since it happened.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had this happen on PC/EU a few days ago. Couldn’t tell you if the group was set to Vet but definitely queued in Vet and it showed the instance as being vet even though the dungeon was normal.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I had that happening as well, make sure under GROUP you are set to normal AND under GROUP FINDER.

There's nothing to "make sure" about when you are on a sub 50 character.
    I'm doing daily random for XP and skulls on my two sub 50 healers and so far one of them gets the bugged vet group guaranteed
  • ospray315
    ospray315
    Same, been trying to get some undaunted via random normal dungeon with my lv36, lv34 etc character.

Queue under dungeon finder on a random normal dungeon and it tries to put you in a vet dungeon, this time it tried to add myself on lv36 and other player on a lv34 to an inprogress vet, then it kicked both of us and left us locked on a 15 minute timer, because we've queued too recently /o\ -_-

Been happening a lot to a lot of player in my guilds this event....
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been happening for a while now and we have numerous threads on the subject. Last time I check this was on the Dev Tracker which is the only means of a Known Issues list we have. Considering history we can only assume Zos is not looking into this.

That history is with the old GF and we had told Zos for a year their previous fix for the GF did not work. We told them with absolute certainty the GF was getting overwhelmed during normal peak times yet @ZOS_RichLambert specifically said they had no idea the fix did not work.

This is why I point out that we can only assume Zos is not looking into this even though we have a lot of threads on the subject.
  • blackpool9
    blackpool9
    ✭✭✭
    Just going to throw my hand up here too. Just had this happen twice in a row when queued for random normal with my L40. Got Direfrost but the game wouldn't let me port in, or even walk in, with error message "cannot jump as you are not high enough level or do not have enough CP points". So I can't do a RND with this character?
  • MellowMagic
    MellowMagic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have had this happen to me atleast 4 times now. Not only is it kind of embarrassing but it also makes you wait 15 minutes after leaving the group.
    PC / NA @MellowMagic
    Imperial named with some sort of variation of "Deo"
    By the Divines...
  • vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    If group was selected normal dungeon, you might see vet sign first several seconds, after that it will switch to normal. Check the health of the mobes - if you are on normal, you will see it. I also had those vet signs, but after that group went to the normal dungeon. This is usual bug with init image which zos don't care about.
    "If I'll need your opinion, I'll give one to you" - Rivenspire
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been happening for a while now. Player <level 50 queues for random, but is instead placed in a vet dungeon, and of course can't port in/participate. Being kicked from the group still applies the timer, which is the frustrating thing. Please let us know if this is being looked at @ZOS_GinaBruno.
  • Blkadr
    Blkadr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same here for 3-4 days with my level 28. Today I waited the 15 minutes to re-queue and when I went to click on random dungeon again I got a brand new 54 minute timer. So sick of not being able to level during the extra exp event!
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Had that happen as well and then it acts like I abandoned and can't join for 18 mins
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’ve been following this thread and queued for pledges today for the first time in a long time. I looked in Options for this default dungeon setting mentioned here before I queued but couldn’t find it.

I then queued for veteran dungeons and got the ready check but it did not go on to form group, it was stuck at ready check for more than the usual time. I checked to see if I was actually in a group and I was not but then I saw that dungeon difficulty setting in there. It was set to normal difficulty. I never change that and I have queued for both normal and vet dungeons before. By this time I had waited for about a minute or two and I left the queue. I was not immediately able to re-queue after changing to veteran but I was a minute or two later.

I hope I did not cause anyone to be kept out of being able to accept the ready check and join the group.

I guess I don’t understand why there is a setting for this in the group page. Sometimes I want to run vet for the helms but a lot of times I would just do normal to get a quick run. I am selecting which one I want from the group finder so this is redundant.
    Edited by katanagirl1 on October 27, 2020 4:29AM
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been following this thread and queued for pledges today for the first time in a long time. I looked in Options for this default dungeon setting mentioned here before I queued but couldn’t find it.

I then queued for veteran dungeons and got the ready check but it did not go on to form group, it was stuck at ready check for more than the usual time. I checked to see if I was actually in a group and I was not but then I saw that dungeon difficulty setting in there. It was set to normal difficulty. I never change that and I have queued for both normal and vet dungeons before. By this time I had waited for about a minute or two and I left the queue. I was not immediately able to re-queue after changing to veteran but I was a minute or two later.

I hope I did not cause anyone to be kept out of being able to accept the ready check and join the group.

I guess I don’t understand why there is a setting for this in the group page. Sometimes I want to run vet for the helms but a lot of times I would just do normal to get a quick run. I am selecting which one I want from the group finder so this is redundant.

when you que you have to pick normal or vet so your personal group settings should not effect how group finder places you into the type you qued for
  • Ellimist_Entreri
    Ellimist_Entreri
    ✭✭✭
    It seems to be getting worse for me. Happened to both of my below 50 characters today, one directly after another. Not thinking much of it at the time I left each group in turn, swapping chars to run a different daily while waiting for the timer to reset. After it happened on both of my below 50 characters I ran dailies on 4 capped ones with none of the queues coming up as veteran. This bug is not just inconvenient, it wastes users time & money/resources used on food/scrolls/ambrosia that are burning while in-queue/trying/failing-to-load/leaving
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_Adrikoth

This doesn't seem limited to just queuing for a random dungeon either. I just had the issue happen again when choosing specific dungeons to run for quests/skill-points as well.

UPDATE:
    10/28 - Happened again already; Fourth run of the day on a below 50 char, running specific dungeons for quests/skills still not random.
    Additionally just had the other end of the issue happen - I queued for normal daily as a capped char, myself and 3 other capped chars ended up in a vet dungeon anyway. Unsure of who was host however after exiting my group difficulty had changed to vet.
    Edited by Ellimist_Entreri on October 28, 2020 10:11PM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

when you que you have to pick normal or vet so your personal group settings should not effect how group finder places you into the type you qued for

I thought this thread or another one was saying that if you had your preference set for vet and you queued for a normal group dungeon that is was keeping no cp players from entering the dungeon. I was doing the opposite.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Ellimist_Entreri
    Ellimist_Entreri
    ✭✭✭
    Yet again, second run of the day on a below 50 character. First queue for a random dungeon of the day (First run was a specific dungeon for quest/skill point and it went fine). This is a regular issue impacting a large number of users on all platforms and servers. Has there been ~ANY~ response beyond they are aware of it and dropping it on the tracker? Is it actively being looked into or is it on the ~Nope~ list? @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Adrikoth ???

UPDATE: After the second run glitching (and the subsequent timer elapsed) I was able to run a random dungeon, however the very next time I queued the issue presented again. That makes 2 out of 4 runs impacted and a 50% probability on this bug so far today, with 30 minutes literally wasted on timers. Between the half an hour so far today and at least as long yesterday, that's an entire standard xp scroll or 2 ambrosia wasted (stacks with event xp bonus icymi, levelup those alts!) as a direct result of a known bug. Keeping in mind this is just one users experience being reported, this is a major issue leaving the impacted users feeling like their time and resources have been wasted.

I hope that were it an easy fix it would have been resolved by now - that being the case I also hope that the team or engineer working on the issue has a breakthrough soon!

An easy enough to implement temporary solution to alleviate the burden of a timer on impacted users would be to have a check for if the jump to a dungeon failed before activating the timer, and if the jump fails just don't start the timer.

While it isn't by any means an actual fix for the issue - it would relieve the stress and lessen the cost to the players while a more permanent solution regarding the queue issue is worked on.
    Edited by Ellimist_Entreri on October 30, 2020 5:31PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We are aware of an issue that queuing for some dungeons in Veteran mode will be displayed as Normal Mode. This is a UI error and any dungeon queued in Veteran mode will still be played in Veteran mode.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Ellimist_Entreri
    Ellimist_Entreri
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    We are aware of an issue that queuing for some dungeons in Veteran mode will be displayed as Normal Mode. This is a UI error and any dungeon queued in Veteran mode will still be played in Veteran mode.

The issue you stated is not the one being discussed.

The issue being discussed is users entering queue for random and specific dungeons set to "Normal" (many on below level 50 characters) being placed into instances marked "Veteran" and subsequently being unable to complete the jump into the instance, giving them a 15 minute penalty and forcing them to leave the group.
    Edited by Ellimist_Entreri on November 2, 2020 6:54PM
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The issue you stated is not the one being discussed.

The issue being discussed is users entering queue for random and specific dungeons set to "Normal" (many on below level 50 characters) being placed into instances marked "Veteran" and subsequently being unable to complete the jump into the instance, giving them a 15 minute penalty and forcing them to leave the group.

@ZOS_BillE i couldn't say it any better or clear as this dose , 100% spot on as to issue
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As an update, we have gotten multiple reports of an issue with queueing where players are placed in "Veteran" and then can no longer load in. If you've run into this issue we recommend submitting a ticket here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an update, we have gotten multiple reports of an issue with queueing where players are placed in "Veteran" and then can no longer load in. If you've run into this issue we recommend submitting a ticket here.

@ZOS_BillE i tried using the support system by placing an ticket just to be told to send in video or SS of it happening and to be real an SS aint going to show anything and for video its not like i could say hey ill rec this que because there's no way to have it happen so what rec 20 ques hoping for 1 to bug seems all the work to fix an issue on your end is put off on US to get info for you when again ITS ON YOUR END NOT OURS
    \
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not a case of Normal modes actually being Normal but being mistakenly marked as Veteran: people are being put into actual Veteran instances when queueing for Normal.

Those who are under level 50... are then not allowed into the dungeon, but given the time penalty for dropping out of a queue.

Those who *are* over level 50... ARE allowed into the instance, but are frequently underpowered for it because they thought they were queueing for a Normal.

Twice now, as a character over level 50, I've actually completed Veteran instances and not actually KNOWN they were Veteran until getting an Undaunted Bust instead of a Trophy collectible from the final boss. And twice more, I've only discovered that an instance was Veteran halfway through when the group captain told me - and I checked my Group Finder and it still said I was set to queue for Normal.

This has happened both with Random dungeons and with specifically chosen dungeons.