The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO Live: Oct. 30 @ 4PM EDT—Dev Interview & Witches Festival Fun"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
2hriqc3e4gpv.png
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article "ESO Live: Oct. 30 @ 4PM EDT—Dev Interview & Witches Festival Fun"

Tune in to a spoopy edition of ESO Live as we interview Senior Sound Designer Bill Mueller and take part in the ongoing Witches Festival event!
Staff Post
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spoopy
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Would it be possible to have one of these where the player base can have an open conversation about performance?
    With some of the bigger questions answered, like what changed in u25 to cause such detriment to performance?
    Why couldn't it be reverted?
    Are the tests for gathering data or will they be implemented as fixes?
    Will server hardware be improved? Would it help? etc..
    I think it would mean a lot to a lot of people.

• SgtNuttzmeg
    SgtNuttzmeg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would it be possible to have one of these where the player base can have an open conversation about performance?
    With some of the bigger questions answered, like what changed in u25 to cause such detriment to performance?
    Why couldn't it be reverted?
    Are the tests for gathering data or will they be implemented as fixes?
    Will server hardware be improved? Would it help? etc..
    I think it would mean a lot to a lot of people.

I think this would go along way with the pvp community at large. Right now we are stuck in a state of feeling like there is no direction and we have no idea what is going on. We don't want whatever changes come out of this to show up in some pts notes several months later, we want to have an upfront and open discussion.

A lot of us have a lot of time and money invested in this game and our on the verge of leaving ESO for good. Even if it is an answer we don't want to hear I think we would rather hear it now. Because these changes impact the core functionality of the game and we are here because those core combat is fun.
    Legions of Mordor Core

Cold0neFTBs
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would love it if we could have an interview with Brian Wheeler about procsets and such, and also the abysmal aoe tests.
    Not gonna happen ofc, but would still be nice.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't do snitch, but an advance question for the sound designer:

Some of the creature sounds are no doubt inspired by or recorded from earthly denizens. What birds, mammals, reptiles, and so forth have served as a foundation for some of the weirder creatures in the game? Where did the calls of the guar come from? The cliff racer? The dragon?
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it really that difficult to write both american and european timezones? I have no freaking idea what EDT is, you have like 573 ways to describe this stuff over there.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    8pm UK time kittens.

They just tweeted it was on in just over an hour.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Octopuss wrote: »
    Is it really that difficult to write both american and european timezones? I have no freaking idea what EDT is, you have like 573 ways to describe this stuff over there.

They could make it so that appears in your local timezone, wherever you are.
    Other games like path of exile already do this for when they communicate timed events and launches and the like.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno this could be a useful forum feature, I'm pretty sure whoever is in charge of coding the forums/website could make it happen in 5 minutes.
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    Octopuss wrote: »

They could make it so that appears in your local timezone, wherever you are.
    Other games like path of exile already do this for when they communicate timed events and launches and the like.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno this could be a useful forum feature, I'm pretty sure whoever is in charge of coding the forums/website could make it happen in 5 minutes.

Would be nice, but that 5 minutes could be spent in MS Paint re-skinning an Indirik to purple.
    PC-NA
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bethesda twitch stream says that the next stream is on November 2... did I miss the ESO Live?
    Update: nvm, it now has "Starting soon"
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on October 30, 2020 8:03PM