The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crash on login.

Atlan_daGonozal
Atlan_daGonozal
✭✭✭
Since yesterdays the application crashes on login. That's even before the character select comes up. Of course I did all the usual stuff:
  • Restarted the computer.
  • Use eso.app directly.
  • Use the repair feature.

Any more advanced ideas?

Regards.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Besides the troubleshooting you've already tried, there are some additional steps you can take found in our help article below.

What can I do if ESO is crashing frequently while playing on a Mac?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Atlan_daGonozal
    Atlan_daGonozal
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    Besides the troubleshooting you've already tried, there are some additional steps you can take found in our help article below.
    your machine meets the game's requirement

As I said in my posting: My computer meet the requirement 4 days ago.
    you should adjust the game's graphics

Again: The graphic setting where fine 4 days ago.

Tried the “Windowed (Fullscreen)” just to be sure. Of course it crashed as well.

And this is not frequent crashing. It's 100% always crashing.
  • Atlan_daGonozal
    Atlan_daGonozal
    ✭✭✭

I finally found the Error. PipelineCache.esopc and/or ShaderCache.cooked where corrupted.

Applications should not crash when reading cache files. Errors should be caught and the cache file should be deleted.

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Atlan_daGonozal

Thank you for the update. Since the additional troubleshooting has not helped, please go ahead and start a ticket with customer support.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Deter1UK
    Deter1UK
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I finally found the Error. PipelineCache.esopc and/or ShaderCache.cooked where corrupted.

Applications should not crash when reading cache files. Errors should be caught and the cache file should be deleted.

Thanks for that. Ive been crashing to iMac user login when attempting to enter Western Skyrim or the Reach everyday - learned NOT to leave any character there but to leave them in base game areas when quitting.

Deleting those two files has solved the problem - for today at least...

I raised a ticket on his some weeks ago - but that seemed to go nowhere <shrug>
    Edited by Deter1UK on November 3, 2020 4:46PM