The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

Please don't nerf proc sets.

• ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review we have had to edit or remove several posts for rule violations, mostly Baiting. Ensure when engaging in a discussion that you keep said discussion civil, constructive, and within the rules. If you see a post that is baiting in nature do not engage it with further hostility and instead report it for the moderators to review.

You are welcome to review the Community Rules here.
    Staff Post
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    Xologamer wrote: »
    [Quoted post was removed]

well said, i strongly agree with you.
    if i died or die from a proc set, then im not aware of it.

Ignorance is Bliss.

• Arca94
    Arca94
    ✭✭✭✭
    As I said in another related discussion:
    Arca94 wrote: »
    I think it's fair to say that if one of your points in defending these procs is 'Just slot Purge' then your comments are not worth reading as you clearly don't have the mechanical knowledge to argue about this topic.
  • Merforum
    Merforum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NoSoup wrote: »
    Make purge cheaper and problem solved, end of the day experienced players with easy and affordable purges will out perform average players with proc sets, then everyone is happy

Yes one purge morph could be cheap and only for yourself and the other could stay the same.
    Edited by Merforum on October 20, 2020 4:21PM
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a PVP player so but aren't there proc sets that negate the nature of offensive proc sets? If so seems like a choice.
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not a PVP player so but aren't there proc sets that negate the nature of offensive proc sets? If so seems like a choice.

Most defensive proc sets have far worse drawbacks, many have >30 sec cds, or don't have a guaranteed proc chance.
  • Merforum
    Merforum
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes exactly you can use these, NOTE CDs.

Curse Eater
    5 items: When you heal yourself or an ally with a direct heal ability, remove up to 3 negative effects from them. If a negative effect was removed this way, your target restores 678 Magicka. This effect can occur every 8 seconds per target.

Stendarr's Embrace
    5 items: When you heal yourself or an ally, you remove all negative effects from them. This effect can occur once every 30 seconds per target.

Wyrd Tree's Blessing
    5 items: When you cast a Magicka Ability, you remove all negative effects from yourself. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds.

BTW just imagine all the FREE effects you get having a Maelstrom Restro/curse eater and just spam Regen healing you/your team mates, purging effects from the team, getting back tons of Magicka, all for clicking one button. But not to worry this is too non selfish to be viable in PVP.

EDIT: please note how I show multiple options of sets and people who want to misinform only focus on one set.
    Edited by Merforum on October 20, 2020 6:09PM
  • Recapitated
    Recapitated
    ✭✭✭✭
    Merforum wrote: »

Yes exactly you can use these, NOTE CDs.

Curse Eater
    5 items: When you heal yourself or an ally with a direct heal ability, remove up to 3 negative effects from them. If a negative effect was removed this way, your target restores 678 Magicka. This effect can occur every 8 seconds per target.

Stendarr's Embrace
    5 items: When you heal yourself or an ally, you remove all negative effects from them. This effect can occur once every 30 seconds per target.

Wyrd Tree's Blessing
    5 items: When you cast a Magicka Ability, you remove all negative effects from yourself. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds.

BTW just imagine all the FREE effects you get having a Maelstrom Restro/curse eater and just spam Regen healing you/your team mates, purging effects from the team, getting back tons of Magicka, all for clicking one button. But not to worry this is too non selfish to be viable in PVP.

BRB putting Stendarr's Embrace on my stamdk it's gonna go great
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love all these threads with all the delusional defenders of proc-sets <3
    Edited by Qbiken on October 20, 2020 6:00PM
  • SpiritofESO
    SpiritofESO
    ✭✭✭
    i think what the problem is here, is that people simply DO NOT use purge on their character and when proc sets or problems come to them, they die, but that is not the case with me and my build.

so i strongly Strongly suggest to all people:
    slot purge and use it when your in trouble, if you refuse to do that then you simply gimping your build and survival.

Like the man says, slot Purge and Vigor (for stam players).

In PvE I kill dragons every day -- I like it. Every dragon will cast a MASSIVE DoT that needs to be purged and/or you heal through it with Vigor (for Stamina players) or you will DIE. And, unbelievably, players do DIE all the time from not slotting Purge and Vigor, and you do NEED to do some PvP in this game so that you can have those valuable skills.

So, as the man said -- slot PURGE! And, by the way, slot VIGOR as well (unless you are a healer)!
    • ~ PS NA ~ ALDMERI DOMINION ~
    • IVY GOLDBLADE, WOOD ELF NIGHTBLADE, Former Empress
    • IVY GOLDBLAZE, HIGH ELF TEMPLAR
    • "Adapt or Die"
  • FrankonPC
    FrankonPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slotting purge hasn't been a viable option for most classes for years now. Look at the cost of purge and then look at the cost of putting 4+ effects on one person with one skill.

You will lose that battle of resources very quickly. You're better off wearing a set that purges or heals.
  • nqvarihs
    nqvarihs
    ✭✭✭
    i think what the problem is here, is that people simply DO NOT use purge on their character and when proc sets or problems come to them, they die, but that is not the case with me and my build.

slot purge and use it when your in trouble, if you refuse to do that then you simply gimping your build and survival.

Like the man says, slot Purge and Vigor (for stam players).

In PvE I kill dragons every day -- I like it. Every dragon will cast a MASSIVE DoT that needs to be purged and/or you heal through it with Vigor (for Stamina players) or you will DIE. And, unbelievably, players do DIE all the time from not slotting Purge and Vigor, and you do NEED to do some PvP in this game so that you can have those valuable skills.

So, as the man said -- slot PURGE! And, by the way, slot VIGOR as well (unless you are a healer)!

im not sure if this is sarcasm or if you're actually serious, but as a friendly reminder, efficient purge costs 5k magicka per cast, removes 3 negative effects from your entire group, and all the following screenshots are the debuffs on myself only.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6991013#Comment_6991013
    gzljv6iado7d.png
    v9hn7p7vpmfq.png
    nbco899wvvqa.png
    u34xrahitlye.png
    0e1plcu99wus.png
    dbf42m1uonr5.png
    rtr7g7sz0fwu.png
    40al6yszvfof.png
    6pzza9fxrl98.png
    o9jcnyfbxczu.png
    nmwfoidn1bpc.png
    sy1ri6rd04po.png
    rs0idxhgjh8r.png
    xqyic4fmnsoy.png
    fx6jflezkr1x.png

i have a lot more if you want. we could also talk about (improved) death recaps and cmx logs :smile:
  • Arca94
    Arca94
    ✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Love all these threads with all the delusional defenders of proc-sets <3

I feel like I'm developing an aneurysm reading some of their nonsense here :smiley:
  • Arcanasx
    Arcanasx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just l2p guys (Learn to Purge), problem solved.

/s
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Guys just slot the very underrated purge skill and use a heal if you are in trouble.

I do it all the time and it works!
  • TimeDazzler
    TimeDazzler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow guys we fixed the proc meta!! Just slot purge!! Thanks, now I'm killing people 1v420!!
    PC NA
    Characters:
    Tımë Ðâzzlër - Stamina Warden - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłër - Magicka Nightblade - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłêr - Stamina Templar - AD
    Sugar Deady - Magicka Necromancer - AD
    Sprint v X - Stamina Sorcerer - EP
    Tımë Ðâzzlër Ðk - Stamina Dragonknight - EP
    Time Dazzler - Magicka Warden - DC
  • hexentb16_ESO
    hexentb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow. I came to check the forums today and saw almost 50 notifications. Seems I kinda started a fire here huh? Heh, sorry ZOS.

I'm not reading all your comments guys, sorry. 50 is alot...and some of the conversations probably wouldn't make sense since ZOS has already come through and censored some of you. Regardless I probably would have remained resolute on my opinion on proc sets now being such a big part of the pvp meta anyways. I like them as they are and hope they and future addition continue to keep me on my toes in pvp. :smile:
  • Recapitated
    Recapitated
    ✭✭✭✭
    slot VIGOR as well

*smashes Insightful*
  • FrankonPC
    FrankonPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems weird to me to post a discussion and then do the forum equivalent of putting your fingers in your ears, closing your eyes and going "nananana can't hear you nananana".

It's one of the better pro proc set arguments I've seen though.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

you have to make adjustments to your build (we all do) depending on the enemy your fighting.
    we all need purge and we all need heals.
    also: your suggesting defenses while trying to fight Large Zerg or Groups of people at a time just makes this even more complicated because everyone is attacking you in Large numbers is absolutely massive damage from multiple sources is going to eventually kill anyone and everyone if you are fighting them solo. you need a healer and someone purging you of those multiple attacks.

[edited to remove quoted content]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on October 21, 2020 12:55PM
  • nqvarihs
    nqvarihs
    ✭✭✭
    you have to make adjustments to your build (we all do) depending on the enemy your fighting.
    we all need purge and we all need heals.
    also: your suggesting defenses while trying to fight Large Zerg or Groups of people at a time just makes this even more complicated because everyone is attacking you in Large numbers is absolutely massive damage from multiple sources is going to eventually kill anyone and everyone if you are fighting them solo. you need a healer and someone purging you of those multiple attacks.

just read my posts. screenshots were taken during DM battlegrounds as i was a healer running both efficient purge and curse eater on most of them (which i both run because of the current meta, and no it is not enough) :smile:
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this reads as dont nurf proc sets because i like the free kills i get from them , if you had any good reason to keep proc sets you'll be typing it in caps but theres not an good reason to not nurf them there not sets low lvls are using to be use able in pvp no it all 5 start 810cp+ players wearing them because they as well as everyone knows its free damage that is stronger then stat sets can give with no work light attack to set up procs all the work needed to get more damage then an player going full rotation on an stat build
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on October 21, 2020 12:01AM
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have never had my character killed by someone with a proc set.
    i dont see any problems with proc sets.

than either u play never pvp or u play once a year a 50k tank - everyone dies from everything sometimes otherwise u dont play pvp

i play pvp constantly. i hate pve ion eso, so i only play pvp.
    and i play pvp every day.
    i am also not a tank and have never played a tank in pvp, i only play nightblade.
    i simply do not have problems from proc sets from people / enemies in pvp.

i do die in pvp and i die alot infact to many enemies for all sorts of situations,
    But, i do not die from proc sets, that a know of.
    i have purge on my skill list, the only thing to me that is annoying is the set that gives me massive poison, but i purge it.

and by the way, before im accused of it:
    no, i do not group / zerg with a zerg of people, nor do i have a pocket healer.
    i only play solo, sometimes i group with my one friend and its just him and i, but i mainly solo.

i think what the problem is here, is that people simply DO NOT use purge on thier character and when proc sets or problems come to them, they die, but that is not the case with me and my build.

slot purge and use it when your introuble, if you refuse to do that then you simply gimping your build and survival.

If cloak didn’t act as a quasi cleanse and DOT mitigator you wouldn’t be here saying the same thing, everything this patch without a decent cleanse or op mobility skill is DOT and proc set fodder outnumbered.

• wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "just slot purge!" crowd needs to read the following post that I made in another thread:
    Lets take my earlier example of Sheer Venom + Unleashed Terror + Maelstrom 2h (and the Malacath Ring, of course). This setup will indeed mean that you're only using a 1 piece monster set, but it seems that a ton of people find that trade off to be totally worth it.

First, the guaranteed DOTs:
    Global Cooldown 1: Poison Injection (DOT-1) + Sheer Venom proc (DOT-2).
    Bar Swap
    Global Cooldown 2: Stampede (DOT-3 as ground-based AOE) + Maelstrom 2h proc (DOT-4) + Unleased Terror proc (DOT-5)

Secondly, the potential DOTs which may also be applied during the aforementioned 2 GCDs, but aren't 100% guaranteed:
    Double DOT poisons (DOT-6 and DOT-7), Poisoned status effect (DOT-8), Heavy Weapons bleed proc if Maelstrom 2h is an axe (DOT-9).

That's 5-9 DOTs in two GCDs, which means 2 seconds and not 5-10. A best case scenario for the defender is that none of the "potential" DOTs trigger, which still means 5 DOTs in 2 seconds. And if you're relying on the Purge ability to remove those DOTs, that's 2 GCDs spent for the defender as well - at a drastically higher resource cost than that spent by the attacker, even if using the Efficient Purge morph. But wait, there's more!

Sheer Venom will automatically reapply itself if Poison Injection ticks, and the ground AOE DOT from Stampede is able to automatically reapply the Maelstrom 2h proc. So if the server thinks that your little toe is still touching the ground AOE when your first Purge is cast, it has the potential to be 100% wasted - even without any extra input from the attacker.
    Cleanses just aren't a real solution to the current problem of proc set DOTs; said procs are simply too fast, easy, and cheap to apply and reapply. And if Purge, Curse Eater, etc...receive such massive buffs that they do become a viable counter, it'll make any build that relies on DOTs and debuffs from non-proc sources immediately obsolete.
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Proc sets shouldn't be nerfed. They should be deleted.
    - Mojican
  • JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FrankonPC wrote: »
    @FrankonPC Seems weird to me to post a discussion and then do the forum equivalent of putting your fingers in your ears, closing your eyes and going "nananana can't hear you nananana".

It's one of the better pro proc set arguments I've seen though.

Well at least he was honest and mostly upfront about his intransigence. Gotta give props for that at least.

Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
    Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TLDR, Please don't nerf proc sets ZOS.

Hello ZOS. There have been a few rather outspoken players on the forums lately asking you to nerf proc sets. I'm making this post to make it clear that I and many other players do not want proc sets to be nerfed.

I could go into details of why I think some of the players are calling for nerfs however while I consider my opinion about their desire for nerfs to be true it could be considered as baiting to some. So I shall refrain from commenting on their complaints in detail within this post.

However what I will say is this. If so many players are using proc sets, enough to make the pvp meta more interesting and fun, wouldn't that mean that there's a large amount of players who would dislike their new favorite proc builds being nerfed? I mean, just look at your analytics. If large numbers of players are using proc sets in pvp surely that is because they really like them. I for one enjoy this change to the pvp meta, even when I'm not using a proc build myself.

Just because someone is using something doesn't mean they like it. Most people use proc sets to easy kill, if they are going to perform better usin other builds, they will ditch proc sets anytime. Unless we talk about PvE, very few people agree with the current state of proc sets being overpowered. You cannot kill properly now unless you wear some sort of a proc set, that is alone is wrong design and handicap for nobody. Proc sets are meta now, abd meta does not care if you like it or not. It simply shows you best performance in specific areas like killing players in PvP. Even in proc meta, only handful if proc sets work, others are useless or they are require unique proc condition so they dib't work pr9perly in PvP.
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TLDR, Please don't nerf proc sets ZOS.

Hello ZOS. There have been a few rather outspoken players on the forums lately asking you to nerf proc sets. I'm making this post to make it clear that I and many other players do not want proc sets to be nerfed.

Agreed. Proc sets are sets that actually do something, these sets are the only sets that are not boring to use and the only sets that should be in a game (any game, to be honest). Sets that just modify stats are a sign of a lack of imagination of the designer. Such sets show that a designer was given a task to implement a new set, has no idea what to do and as a result modifies random stats to get "new" set. This approach is not good for a game. Only sets that do something new, not just modify something existing, are worth development time.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

Proc sets are sets that actually do something, these sets are the only sets that are not boring to use and the only sets that should be in a game (any game, to be honest). Sets that just modify stats are a sign of a lack of imagination of the designer. Such sets show that a designer was given a task to implement a new set, has no idea what to do and as a result modifies random stats to get "new" set. This approach is not good for a game. Only sets that do something new, not just modify something existing, are worth development time.

[edited to remove quoted content]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on October 21, 2020 12:56PM
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

Proc sets are sets that actually do something, these sets are the only sets that are not boring to use and the only sets that should be in a game (any game, to be honest). Sets that just modify stats are a sign of a lack of imagination of the designer. Such sets show that a designer was given a task to implement a new set, has no idea what to do and as a result modifies random stats to get "new" set. This approach is not good for a game. Only sets that do something new, not just modify something existing, are worth development time.

[snip]
    First, stats are a way to develop the character. Stats define the character. Stats have nothing to do with sets and removing character stats modifying from sets has nothing to do with removing stats from character.
    Second, skills are out of question here. Skills and sets complement each other, skills and sets don't replace each other. Skills and sets provide actions (damage, healing, summons, etc.) from different sources.
    Third, stats modifying sets exist for the same reason as "kill 10 rats" and "collect 5 wolf pelts" quests. As a filler. Filler in any area is bad [snip]

[edited for baiting/bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on October 21, 2020 12:58PM
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
This discussion has been closed.