The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Infinite loading screen when booting up character

Prof_Bawbag
Prof_Bawbag
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I know when it's about to happen because it happens on the exact same screen all the time. The screen which looks like the interior of a Nord home. The one with the fireplace etc. No other screen does this other than that particular screen. I'm on Xbox if that makes any difference. Basically, wondering if I'm the only person that has issues with that screen.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on October 19, 2020 6:14PM
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe some of your game files are corrupted. Especially since it always happens on the same loadingscreen, as you say. While normally infinite loading screens are just random.

Maybe running a repair from the launcher fixes it(not sure how that works on Xbox). Hopefully you can get it resolved.
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    Maybe some of your game files are corrupted. Especially since it always happens on the same loadingscreen, as you say. While normally infinite loading screens are just random.

Maybe running a repair from the launcher fixes it(not sure how that works on Xbox). Hopefully you can get it resolved.

Consoles are closed systems. They don't allow you to tinker with anything.
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also play on Xbox. I also get extremely long load screens sometimes. It usually happens when I try to log out to character select and most often the screen art is the one for Nchuthnkarst.
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's an issue for me, as well, but it only happens when I'm switching characters. It's almost habit for me...if I wait more than 15 seconds between switching characters I just quit the game and re-launch. You will literally wait all day, and once you stop moving your controller and 15 minutes has passed by you'll finally get kicked for inactivity...for trying to switch characters.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Deleting your local save data can help with loading screens in game.

To delete save data on the Xbox One
    1. From the Xbox Home Menu, navigate to My games & apps.
    2. Go to Games.
    3. Highlight The Elder Scrolls Online tile and press the [Menu] button of the controller.
    4. Select Manage Game. Highlight and select Save Data for the desired user.
    5. Select Delete.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »

2. Go to Games.
    3. Highlight The Elder Scrolls Online tile and press the [Menu] button of the controller.
    5. Select Delete.

Will try that. cheers.
  • Hxkan
    Hxkan
    Soul Shriven

2. Go to Games.
    5. Select Delete.

Will try that. cheers.

So.. did u try? Same problems here..
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hxkan wrote: »

2. Go to Games.
    5. Select Delete.

Will try that. cheers.

So.. did u try? Same problems here..

Nothing worked other than to come out and start the game again. There are 2 problem screens. The one mentioned above and the other is the nordic longship screen. Every other screen loads fine, but those 2 load screens have got a 100% failure rate.