The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Grouping issue

Ode2Order
Ode2Order
✭✭✭
I just supported a ticket about this as well, this thread is to ask if other players are also experiencing this same rather unique issue. (and maybe hopefully a dev sees it and can push it in a hotfix if necessary)

The issue:
When inviting players to my group, it tells me they have declined the invite. On their end, it says they could not join group. When they invite me to their group, I can join. However, they cannot pass me the crown once I am in their group. It does not give them an error message, it simply does not take.

I have had this issue happen three times now. Once earlier this week, when I figured, "probably fixed next day when I relog". Today, another time. So I decided to disable my add-ons and try again with a friend. No dice, the issue remains.

I can trade just fine, use guild bank fine, join other groups fine. So this does not reek of the infamous "social ban". The only other relevant information I can think of is that I have recently made a second, alternate account. I log on to this alternate account on the same PC at the same address. However, I don't think that is the issue, as other players also have multiple accounts and have no issues like this. I just figured I should include that information just in case.

Anyone else have this issue?

Best,
Ode2Order.
  • Ode2Order
    Ode2Order
    ✭✭✭
    Update: repairing client also did NOT work.
    Options
  • amixiamb14_ESO
    I second this original post. I cannot add my wife’s toon to group but she can invite me. We can trade, etc., but I cannot be made leader of group or create a group - this only happens with one of my toons. I think it has something to do with being grouped in PVP campaign then one porting out. Either way, this is frustrating and I am a subscriber.
    Options
  • amixiamb14_ESO
    Ode2Order,

did this start happening after grouping of any kind in PVP?
    Ode2Order wrote: »
    I just supported a ticket about this as well, this thread is to ask if other players are also experiencing this same rather unique issue. (and maybe hopefully a dev sees it and can push it in a hotfix if necessary)

The issue:
    When inviting players to my group, it tells me they have declined the invite. On their end, it says they could not join group. When they invite me to their group, I can join. However, they cannot pass me the crown once I am in their group. It does not give them an error message, it simply does not take.

I have had this issue happen three times now. Once earlier this week, when I figured, "probably fixed next day when I relog". Today, another time. So I decided to disable my add-ons and try again with a friend. No dice, the issue remains.

I can trade just fine, use guild bank fine, join other groups fine. So this does not reek of the infamous "social ban". The only other relevant information I can think of is that I have recently made a second, alternate account. I log on to this alternate account on the same PC at the same address. However, I don't think that is the issue, as other players also have multiple accounts and have no issues like this. I just figured I should include that information just in case.

Anyone else have this issue?

Best,
    Ode2Order.

Options
  • Ode2Order
    Ode2Order
    ✭✭✭
    Ode2Order,

did this start happening after grouping of any kind in PVP?

No, I haven't been in pvp since the Imperial City event.
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few things to try.

Go into a Group Dungeon. Leave, then change from Vet to Normal, or Normal to Vet, then go back in to the Group Dungeon. Or, may a different one.

This might force the game to look at your Group Status and reset it.

I have no idea if this will work, but you are partially stuck in Group Status. This might make the game fix it.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We are aware of an issue where players may experience an unending queue. If you are experiencing this issue, we have found a few workarounds that may resolve your issue:
    1. Have another player invite your character to a group.
    2. Have the Group Leader (make sure it isn't the character with the problem) join the queue.
    3. Once joined, have the Group Leader leave the queue.
    4. If the above resolution does resolve your issue, follow the steps detailed below.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Ode2Order
    Ode2Order
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    We are aware of an issue where players may experience an unending queue. If you are experiencing this issue, we have found a few workarounds that may resolve your issue:
    1. Have another player invite your character to a group.
    2. Have the Group Leader (make sure it isn't the character with the problem) join the queue.
    3. Once joined, have the Group Leader leave the queue.
    4. If the above resolution does resolve your issue, follow the steps detailed below.

Thanks for the reply I guess but that's not the issue at all. As support suggested I will wait for a hotfix or patch to fix this problem.
    Options