The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

PTS Update 28 - Bug Reports for Combat & Class Abilities

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Please report any issues you run into involving combat and class abilities in this thread. In general, we prefer you to use /bug in-game but if you’d rather submit a report here, please give us as much information as possible, including screenshots and/or video if applicable. Thank you!
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on September 21, 2020 7:09PM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minor toughness refreshes on every application and resets the health bar, so you are constantly missing health when being healed by a warden.

So it's not specific to Warden's minor toughness. There is something wrong with the buff system as a whole. Spell Power Cure also resets every second.

Video included: As fun as this is to look at, I doubt it's intended. I do love my purple rave though.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r78k1I-yaG4&ab_channel=Vaxtin
    Edited by VaxtinTheWolf on September 21, 2020 8:38PM
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Though I have 10k magicka sometimes I can't cast my skills that cost around 5000, and 6k I can't cast really anything.

The magicka bar is either desynced or the skill cost check is messed up.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • sabresandiego_ESO
    sabresandiego_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy attack sets like (Seargent’s, Undaunted Infiltrator) double their bonus damage on dual wield but not on other stamina weapons. This double bonus damage is further boosted by modifiers such as molten armaments.

This allows for extremely high instant burst damage with a heavy attack + skill, even while wearing heavy armor and stacking speed/health

This also makes all other stamina weapons worthless for heavy attack builds since dual wield is twice as good
    Ali Dreadsabre -Necromancer
    Ali Sabre -Nightblade
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The following sources of Empower now last 3 seconds, down from 5 to reflect the change that Empower is no longer consumed:
    Aegis of Galenwae

Aegis of Galenwe set grants Empower only for 2 seconds instead of 3.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I looks like the new minor and major breach values (2974 and 5948) are not being applied to the trial dummy. On both mag and stam I'm missing about 6.7k penetration (which is about what those two add up to). My Spell Precision and Piercing CP's have remained unchanged.

Bug report 200921-005196 filed in-game.
  • ifDoubtNerfIt
    ifDoubtNerfIt
    ✭✭✭
    Greater Storm Attronach doesn't spawn in the world despite it consuming the ultimate.

200921-005257
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minor toughness refreshes on every application and resets the health bar, so you are constantly missing health when being healed by a warden.

So it's not specific to Warden's minor toughness. There is something wrong with the buff system as a whole. Spell Power Cure also resets every second.

Video included: As fun as this is to look at, I doubt it's intended. I do love my purple rave though.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r78k1I-yaG4&ab_channel=Vaxtin

can reconfirm this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxVLo-q_cJI&feature=youtu.be
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    this is a UI thing but i'm posting it here anyway:

rundown: "permanant effects" continue to show when i have the option toggled off

video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFDRvlachOo&feature=youtu.be
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel that pierce armor should have minor cowardice rather than minor breach given the changes to minor maim and minor protection.
    It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
  • nqvarihs
    nqvarihs
    ✭✭✭
    arrow barrage often ends earlier than it should. endless hail seemed to work fine, didn't try volley.

https://youtu.be/qJGkHl7x8OE

not just a visual bug/ADR not picking it up, here's the corresponding cmx log:
    7ifgb879nxmd.png

caltrops is entirely ***. at first it would only stay for 2-3 seconds like arrow barrage, but now it literally does nothing.

https://youtu.be/qxYUg3bVVbw

ive tried in both new and old zones, both with and without addons, doesn't seem to change anything
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Heavy attack sets like (Seargent’s, Undaunted Infiltrator) double their bonus damage on dual wield but not on other stamina weapons. This double bonus damage is further boosted by modifiers such as molten armaments.

This allows for extremely high instant burst damage with a heavy attack + skill, even while wearing heavy armor and stacking speed/health

This also makes all other stamina weapons worthless for heavy attack builds since dual wield is twice as good

Sounds like your complaint is about DKs using the set. So why nerf the set? And you have repeatedly claimed this 'double dipping' thing and yet you have never provided any proof. And if you read the patch notes "Fixed an issue where Dual Wield Heavy Attacks would calculate their Sneak Attack damage incorrectly in some cases, producing absurdly high results." seems that they've already taken care of it. So why continue?
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »

Sounds like your complaint is about DKs using the set. So why nerf the set? And you have repeatedly claimed this 'double dipping' thing and yet you have never provided any proof. And if you read the patch notes "Fixed an issue where Dual Wield Heavy Attacks would calculate their Sneak Attack damage incorrectly in some cases, producing absurdly high results." seems that they've already taken care of it. So why continue?

No, he means the flat damage gets added to both parts of the dual wield heavy attack.
    DK or not this works in everyone.
    Sets like infallible aether also gives its flat dmg to every tick of channeled heavy attacks.
    It has been like this for a long time, he's just salty that his triple proc bow necro gets hopped by a well prepared heavy attack burst.
  • sabresandiego_ESO
    sabresandiego_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

No, he means the flat damage gets added to both parts of the dual wield heavy attack.
    Sets like infallible aether also gives its flat dmg to every tick of channeled heavy attacks.
    It has been like this for a long time, he's just salty that his triple proc bow necro gets hopped by a well prepared heavy attack burst.

Well prepared = hold down the left mouse button from 20 feet away and around a corner (because of stacked move speed and heavy armor).

It totally makes sense that you can quad proc 1 shot someone wearing two of these sets with dual wield + modifiers, but can’t do that with any other stamina weapons.

I’d actually like to see more people exploit this if it’s intentional by Zenimax, since very few people do it right.

For maximum cheese wear heavy w/ malacath and use steed with 3 swift; and go infiltrator back bar and use molten armaments and race against time liberally to proc it and stay ultra mobile, seargents mail body, master dual wield front bar. Simply hold down the left mouse button from mid range or around a corner, then land the heavy and your rending slash to instantly kill someone. If they aren’t dead in 1 burst, immediately petrify them and then wind up another heavy + skill to finish them.

Edited by sabresandiego_ESO on September 22, 2020 2:06PM
    Ali Sabre -Nightblade
  • Arcanasx
    Arcanasx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well prepared = hold down the left mouse button from 20 feet away and around a corner (because of stacked move speed and heavy armor).

It totally makes sense that you can quad proc 1 shot someone wearing two of these sets with dual wield + modifiers, but can’t do that with any other stamina weapons.

I’d actually like to see more people exploit this if it’s intentional by Zenimax, since very few people do it right.

For maximum cheese wear heavy w/ malacath and use steed with 3 swift; and go infiltrator back bar and use molten armaments and race against time liberally to proc it and stay ultra mobile, seargents mail body, master dual wield front bar. Simply hold down the left mouse button from mid range or around a corner, then land the heavy and your rending slash to instantly kill someone. If they aren’t dead in 1 burst, immediately petrify them and then wind up another heavy + skill to finish them.

This is supposed to be a thread for reporting new bugs in the PTS for U28, not for personally motivated, hyperbolic nerf attempts that involve conflating different variables that themselves have actually nothing to do with the sergeants/undaunted sets in order to exaggerate its practical effectiveness. Besides if they were to reverse the change to sergeants it will probably reintroduce older bugs into the game that they couldn't fix for years, until they reverted the change.

Edit: Grammar.
    Edited by Arcanasx on September 22, 2020 4:21PM
  • sabresandiego_ESO
    sabresandiego_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arcanasx wrote: »

This is supposed to be a thread for reporting new bugs in the PTS for U28, not for personally motivated, hyperbolic nerf attempts that involve conflating different variables that themselves have actually nothing to do with the sergeants/undaunted sets in order to exaggerate its practical effectiveness. Besides if they were to reverse the change to sergeants it will probably reintroduce older bugs into the game that they couldn't fix for years, until they reverted the change.

I’m not attempting to nerf anything, I’m reporting what I consider to be a bug in a thread about bugs. If Zenimax intentionally wants dual wield to get double the single target damage bonus benefit from heavy attack sets as all other stamina weapons and be able to 1-2 shot people then I’m totally fine with it, even though I’d question their logic. If it’s not a bug, you have nothing to worry about.

Also, why does knight slayer not double on dual wield even though seargents and undaunted infiltrator do? Knight slayer doesn’t seem to be reintroducing old bugs into the game. My guess is a programmer screwed up when they were buffing these older sets and accidentally allowed these two heavy attack sets to double proc on dual wield for unprecedented burst damage.

Even if they fix this DW double HA bonus bug, there are many new non bugged ways to build a heavy attack focused character effectively. Heavy attack builds should be viable and effective, but not bugged and exploited for one weapon type.
    Edited by sabresandiego_ESO on September 22, 2020 4:56PM
    Ali Sabre -Nightblade
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Atronach and Serpent Mundus stones no longer provide any recovery at all unless you are in combat. This has been the case ever since they were changed in Stonethorn.

I have Harven's Extended Stats addon installed, which shows that applying the mundus does not affect idle magicka regen at all. Just to make sure that it isn't a simple visual bug, I have also drained my magicka and observed how quickly it regenerated — depending on build/buffs, it is from ~500 to as much as ~900 less then it should be.
    Edited by Langeston on September 22, 2020 6:33PM
  • Arcanasx
    Arcanasx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arcanasx wrote: »

I’m not attempting to nerf anything, I’m reporting what I consider to be a bug in a thread about bugs. If Zenimax intentionally wants dual wield to get double the single target damage bonus benefit from heavy attack sets as all other stamina weapons and be able to 1-2 shot people then I’m totally fine with it, even though I’d question their logic. If it’s not a bug, you have nothing to worry about.

Also, why does knight slayer not double on dual wield even though seargents and undaunted infiltrator do? Knight slayer doesn’t seem to be reintroducing old bugs into the game. My guess is a programmer screwed up when they were buffing these older sets and accidentally allowed these two heavy attack sets to double proc on dual wield for unprecedented burst damage.

Even if they fix this DW double HA bonus bug, there are many new non bugged ways to build a heavy attack focused character effectively. Heavy attack builds should be viable and effective, but not bugged and exploited for one weapon type.

If this was about a genuine concern for bugs, you would have mentioned not only dual wield getting a greater benefit from sergeants/undaunted, but also lightning and resto staves getting 3/4 times the benefit as well, and ask if it was intentional, and leave it at that.

But that isn't what you are doing. You then proceed to conflate a bunch of other things that have inherently nothing to do with those sets. Why are you constantly mentioning "30k hp in heavy armor", "speed stacking", race against time, masters dual wield, malacath, molten armaments, "holding left click 20 feet away around corners", fossilize, etc. Again, why is this even necessary to mention of all of this if this is just a bug report for a couple heavy attack sets? I'm sure you realize all of this can be used/achieved without sergeants/undaunted...none of this is necessary to mention if you truly believed this is just about reporting a bug.

Also, why aren't you mentioning that the magicka lightning and resto staves get 3-4 times the benefit with undaunted over the other magicka weapons of fire and frost staves? Where is your "This is a bugged exploit and is making the other magicka weapons useless with these sets!" Its obvious that this is more than a simple "bug report".

"Also, why does knight slayer not double on dual wield even though seargents and undaunted infiltrator do? Knight slayer doesn’t seem to be reintroducing old bugs into the game. My guess is a programmer screwed up when they were buffing these older sets and accidentally allowed these two heavy attack sets to double proc on dual wield for unprecedented burst damage."

Some sets say "increases the damage of by x" and others say "deals an additional amount of x damage". Sergeants modifies the heavy attack itself, knightslayer deals an additional, separate source of damage. There is a difference.

On top of all this, you were already aware of dual wield working twice for sergeants for months, before you decided to make your nerf thread. So again, this clearly isn't about "reporting a bug", otherwise you would have made your nerf thread months ago, instead of a week ago right after you had a few bad BG matches...

Edited by Arcanasx on September 22, 2020 7:16PM
  • sabresandiego_ESO
    sabresandiego_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arcanasx: Dual wield double heavies hit at the exact same instant for incredible burst damage -> whereas resto and lightning staves are sustained damage.

There is no comparison between burst and dot/channeled sustained damage. That’s why Zenimax have turned most proc sets into dots. And that’s why resto and lightning staves don’t 1-2 shot people the way dual wield double heavies with quad bonus damage do.

As for why I am descriptive with the build: the masses are usually not intelligent enough to figure out how to min/max builds without some kind of blueprint given to them. And then even with the blueprint they will play it poorly. So don’t worry, if they don’t fix the bug you can rest assured that you’ll probably remain one of the few people bright enough to play it correctly.

Edited by sabresandiego_ESO on September 22, 2020 7:37PM
    Ali Sabre -Nightblade
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minor Brittle procs only from Chilled applied from frost damage. Proccing Chilled (while having Frost staff equipped) either via Elemental Weapon ability or Concentrated Force set does not apply Minor Brittle.
  • Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Frost Glyph doesn't appear to be procing Frost Damage. That or something is wrong with Winterborn as Winterborn is not triggering from Frost Glyph.

Tormenter doesn't appear to be AE taunting despite having identical language to the Unleashed Terror set. Indifferent to which one is working and which one is broken, however it would be nice if things worked consistently throughout the game.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lightning and its morphs are still missing 1 secs and of their overall duration.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/543962/lightning-splash-is-missing-1-second#latest
  • sabresandiego_ESO
    sabresandiego_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new dual wield arena weapon is bugged. Executioners blade. It turns hidden blade into an execute but it doesn’t trigger any execution passives or sets like sheer venom, even if you use it from behind a target below 25% hp.
    Ali Sabre -Nightblade
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting tooltip for skoria monster set, it still ACTUALLY has it's cooldown.

hn8qjzhmxaqx.png
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The asylum staff animation is reversed, it does the beam splitting whenever it's not doing the concentrated force, but not when it does the concentrated force.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I noticed in cyro taht not dealing or recieveing damage for like 6sec makes you leave combat status no matter if enemy player who stand infront of you or flags npcs. Does it mean stuck In-Combat bug finally got fixed?
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overload heavy attack can still do double ticks and is still exploitable beyond belief.
    been reporting this one for almost 2 years now with plenty of video evidence
    Would be nice to finally be able to use a sorc ult on stamsorc considering overload is the only one that somewhat works on a highly mobile class.
  • sabresandiego_ESO
    sabresandiego_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MincVinyl wrote: »
    Overload heavy attack can still do double ticks and is still exploitable beyond belief.
    been reporting this one for almost 2 years now with plenty of video evidence
    Would be nice to finally be able to use a sorc ult on stamsorc considering overload is the only one that somewhat works on a highly mobile class.

They keep adding cool new heavy attack stuff without fixing the bugs for heavy attacks that some people are already exploiting to do unintended burst damage.

With just seargent's mail, undaunted infiltrator, malacath, and master dual wield on a stam dk with molten armaments -> you can land 8-15k burst damage in nocp with every single heavy+rending burst, every 1.75 seconds. And thats with no setup at all. If you add in modifiers like the dk armor debuff, offbalance, or corrosive armor this bugged build can nearly one shot people who are at full health.

And the only word Zenimax has given about this bug was back in 2017 when they said offhand dual wield heavy bonus damage was unintended.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/368280/the-sergeant-set-and-dual-wield-heavy-attacks
    Edited by sabresandiego_ESO on September 25, 2020 12:57AM
    Ali Sabre -Nightblade
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if others have it or it caused by some outdated addon but interactions with menus are broken, it affect also character skill menu/CP. Like on video i had problems with redistributing skill points into CP stars (it not blinking implying it not interactable):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id8X_Nfdq7o
  • ArtOfShred
    ArtOfShred
    ✭✭✭
    Some issues with the new Subterranean Assault:

Fracture/Breach Clarification?
    From the patch notes:
    This morph no longer applies Fracture, as Deep Fissure now affects all Armor.
    This implies that Deep Fissure applies Breach already, which it DOES not. I'm not sure if this is a bug or intentional but it may be a good idea to clarify it if it was intended that Major Fracture was removed from this ability and not replaced by Major Breach.

The echo (2nd hit) the Shalks do don't proc the Bond with Nature passive heal
    When the 2nd echo cast goes off, and the shalks despawn, Bond with Nature does not provide it's passive healing effect when it presumably should. NOTE that just for reference the initial heal is triggered when the shalks disappear, not dependent on damage being done so the 2nd hit should apply the same logic.
    Edited by ArtOfShred on September 27, 2020 1:11PM
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might be worth mentioning that all forms of dragon leap can pull the defender out of dodge roll regardless of immunity. I believe this is due to zos keeping it on the old gap close rules. I believe the dw dagger gap closer works in the same way, but worth testing.

Honestly wish any undodgeable/unblockables were only on abilities with skill shot aspects to them. For instance leap could work like caltrops. Point and aim at a location>jump>aoe hit+stun in that location. It takes away the point and click=win aspect, while at the same time gives a massive utility buff to dk.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv7aZlwpl3I&ab_channel=MincVinyl