The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Update 28 - Feedback Thread for Housing

• thegreatme
    thegreatme
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I just noticed, between last week's launch and this week's patch in the Stone Eagle Aerie, that for no apparent logical reason I can find, someone decided to make this flat rooftop at the highest point of the outdoor courtyard domed so if we try to walk on it, we skate right off either side of it.

unknown.png
    unknown.png
    unknown.png

Now I'm not talking about the sloped sides, where it makes sense, but now the house has changed to where the *flat* part makes us randomly go flying off to the sides as if we're falling, and honestly that chance to me is both illogical and a huge let-down if they plan to keep that change, as before it was another place to potentially build and climb, which is part of what made the top outdoor area nice.

Really though, what is the design dev's apparent phobia of just letting us climb or stand on some structures? There's no real reason to make this change that I can see, as we literally have a door to access this rooftop area. I'd really hope on live launch that they revert this so we can actually stand on this rooftop again as it was actually part of the appeal. More often than not these weird "ice rooftops" are just plain annoying to us players and especially in this case a waste of usable space.
    Join my Nocturnal-devoted Mercenary Reach guild! https://esokrakeclan.weebly.com/
    My Artstation | Deviantart | Youtube | Furaffinity

Thank You ZoS!:
    ◙ Blackfeather Court banker/merchant
    ◙ Gloam Indrik
    ◙ Re-release Gloam Wolf Mount

Let's See It Happen ZoS:
    ◙ /honorloop emote
    ◙ cross-legged sitting emote
    ◙ Evergloam house
    ◙ Hagraven Polymorph
    ◙ Hagraven Houseguest
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks @thegreatme! The slippery roof is not intended, and we're looking into what's causing this.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • tindomiel4
    tindomiel4
    ✭✭✭
    thegreatme wrote: »
    I was also a little disappointed to find how absolutely sparse any Reach-related furnishings are.

This is my only real disappointment, too: the near-total lack of new Reach furnishings. We're finally seeing Reach culture in a nuanced, complex way, with a cool Dwemer/nature aesthetic to match. I REALLY like Markarth's earthier style, and it's a shame that I can't more easily recreate it in a house. It would also be interesting if we could apply the painted decorations.

toy467p3rofo.png

I was surprised not to see more games and musical instruments. Those furnishings have been increasingly included, and I really like them. I hope there will be a related music box, too, but that begs a question of its own. I know the music in the PTS may not be finalized, so I hope there will be some distinctly Reach-ish motifs in the DLC. There's a very Celtic vibe to the accents, so maybe music is planned in that vein?

Anyway, I love the clothing in the Reach, and I presume we'll have the opportunity to get some of those styles. Why not more furniture to go with? I hope some is added, either (preferably) as regular dropped crafting recipes or (at least) as gold Master Writ voucher options.

If I could get a single specific piece of furniture added, it would have to be a full bookcase with those gorgeous gold-tooled books! The one included right now is the plain books. Swap it for the blingy books, please! (The first image is the full bookcase you can get in game. The following images are from bookcases in the city.)

8xvk3rw2nbrc.png
    pwpu1a4pzgvc.png
    fash9p5lsaf8.png

I would love to be able to buy more book furnishings in general. DLCs have brought unique scroll/book styles (hello, Murkmire!), and it would be great to be able to create really diverse libraries. There are lots of cool piles scattered around the Markarth DLC. For such a bookish setting (that enormous library!), it's a shame we can't get more furnishings to match.

9blbh09abunc.png
    dvwcbderkwh3.png

On the whole, I really like the Markarth setting. My quibbles aren't enough to keep me from logging in and running around the zone every day, just to absorb the scenery.
  • thegreatme
    thegreatme
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @thegreatme! The slippery roof is not intended, and we're looking into what's causing this.

Sounds great, ty!

tindomiel4 wrote: »
    This is my only real disappointment, too: the near-total lack of new Reach furnishings. We're finally seeing Reach culture in a nuanced, complex way, with a cool Dwemer/nature aesthetic to match. I REALLY like Markarth's earthier style, and it's a shame that I can't more easily recreate it in a house.

Seriously though! I started really poking around a lot more to see if I could find some unique pieces. It admittedly took some digging for a lot of them but we still have quite a few options for stuff we could / should have been given the option to get as a furnishing!

What looks like either great mammoth tusks or possibly white/dead trees that mimic them? Even nicer would be if we could get some of the plain and "bloodstained"/painted varieties. Could have easily been a Markarth General Furnishing Vendor item.
    unknown.png

Assortments of pelts and animal/beast skulls, again, literally all of these could easily be a General Furnishing Vendor item, or at the very least maybe we could get them at the lux furnisher soon, or make them craftable/drops we can get off of mobs (like killing their respective animal perhaps, such as killing a wolf drops a wolf skull) or can be obtained through stealing/pickpocketing.
    unknown.png
    unknown.png
    unknown.png
    unknown.png
    unknown.png
    unknown.png
    unknown.png
    unknown.png
    unknown.png

Stockade walls. Could easily be General Furnisher, Achieve Furnisher, Lux Furnisher, or Craftable
    unknown.png
    unknown.png
    unknown.png
    unknown.png
    unknown.png

Wood Reach tents, General Furnisher or Craftable
    unknown.png

Beehives, General Furnisher or Lux Furnisher or Craftable
    unknown.png
    unknown.png

Reachman Daedra Shrines, probably Lux Furnisher since there are several variations to several Princes we could get (Hircine, Nocturnal, Molag Bal, Namira). These are super cool so idk why getting them isn't an option??
    unknown.png
    unknown.png
    unknown.png
    unknown.png
    unknown.png

Primitive Stone Tables, craftable
    unknown.png

Archery Targets, which for some reason after ESO being around for almost 6 years we still don't have as a furnishing, these should be craftable
    unknown.png

Roasted Beast, should be craftable
    unknown.png

Reach/Nord?/Atmoran? Carved Totems, like really! Really, please, find a way to give these to us. These are super cool and unique and I'm sure a lot of us would buy so many of these. These should probably be Lux Furnisher items since there are several variants of them we could get, or craftable
    unknown.png
    unknown.png
    unknown.png
    unknown.png
    unknown.png
    unknown.png

Blackreach Lilypads (you teased us with Summerset lilypads we never got as furnishings and now these, like c'mon), General Markarth Furnishing Vendor
    unknown.png

Corpse Bonfire, either a Lux or Achievement furnishing. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see this in the Lux Furnisher later alongside things like the Briarheart Trees and last years' Murkmire tree with all the skulls in it
    unknown.png

Reach Cart?, honestly should probably be craftable
    unknown.png

Purple Fire Skull Brazier, this would have been an AWESOME Achievement furnishing (or perhaps Lux Furnishing, but I'm not gonna hold my breath) for Vateshran Hollow. The furnishing we get for it is cool but so is this.
    unknown.png

Other Odds and Ends, probably all General Furnisher or craftable
    unknown.png
    unknown.png
    unknown.png
    unknown.png
    Edited by thegreatme on September 30, 2020 5:33PM
    Join my Nocturnal-devoted Mercenary Reach guild! https://esokrakeclan.weebly.com/
    My Artstation | Deviantart | Youtube | Furaffinity

Thank You ZoS!:
    ◙ Blackfeather Court banker/merchant
    ◙ Gloam Indrik
    ◙ Re-release Gloam Wolf Mount

Let's See It Happen ZoS:
    ◙ /honorloop emote
    ◙ cross-legged sitting emote
    ◙ Evergloam house
    ◙ Hagraven Polymorph
    ◙ Hagraven Houseguest
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do you have any other feedback or suggestions for these homes or furnishings?

The new Dwemer furnishings are very pretty and I look forward to using them, but can we get some craftable Dwemer construction furnishings? Mainly Dwemer Walls and Dwemer Floors, but fences and roofs and doors/gateways would be awesome. I would love to make additions to Stone Eagle Aerie with them, or make my own Dwemer ruin somewhere!

I had expected to find construction furnishings in Markarth and was disappointed. Especially after the lovely Solitude ones that we got. Hopefully one day!! :v
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding the new dwemer themed furniture:

This is probably the best thing that has happened in years. People love anything dwemer and this furniture is quite detailed and varied. Personally, I like this Markath dwemer style best, it is the style I have been waiting for years.

I get that some players are upset because of the different colors in dwemer furnishings released over the years. I do not mind much, because the dwemer were an ancient race who existed for ages and what remained after them shows different time periods, same like if you dig up ancient Egyptian stuff, you will find differences between various time periods.
    However, this could be improved with more furnishings of different colors, or a dye feature (maybe just cycle through some dev-preseted dyes, like marble, brass, dark-grey, etc)

Stone Eagle Aerie:

While I was very glad to see dwemer palace as a player house, I was dissapointed of how it was implemented.
    My first turn-off is the amount of instanced rooms. Maybe this is because of performance reasons, or just by design. It is an odd choice, since we already have interact-able doors in Solitude, which make a house much more fluid experience. All these instanced rooms makes me feel like in a maze dungeon.

I think the dev team did great with the recent "clean slate" houses, especially after adding structural elements, such as floors, stairs, and even doors. I can't wait to see even more of these, including styles from previous chapters, such as Summerset, or base game. Also the Antiquarian's house is a great in terms of design, there is plenty of space to do stuff, and we are not limited by instanced rooms.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ixie wrote: »
    I agree the sun is really blinding during the green phase

unknown.png

I'm surprised more people haven't discussed the overtuned sun glare on the forums, because it makes the house unbuyable for a lot of people I've asked. I LOVE that the sky changes colors, and the house has great atmosphere, but the sun glare and sun beams reach too far and make it too hard to be outside here.

unknown.png?width=930&height=546
    unknown.png

(Sorry for the light reflections, images are photos of a friend's monitor screen instead of screenshots.)

Like I get that it's supposed to be dramatic and pretty, and I see that, but it's so distracting and completely unavoidable to notice. I've never had these kinds of problems with the regular sun in-game, which is really very pretty when it's in view, even when it slightly glares.

The sun gets in the way when I want to look at the sky and stare at the colorful swirls and patterns for a while, because it takes up so much space and is so bright, and is visible even when you're not looking directly at it.

I really really want this house for the unique sky and lighting effects, but I probably can't spend the Crowns on it if the sun isn't fixed.

Otherwise, really great job for what seems to be a 7k-10k Crown house, and big props to the housing team for such a great and fresh idea.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shalidor's Shrouded Realm

Least Favourite Thing

When you leave the house the first thing you see is a dead deer, front and centre in your field of vision. Very, very bad. Not something I'd ever want to look at on stepping out of my front door.

Thank you for removing the dead deer :smiley:
    PC EU