Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 28 - Feedback Thread for New Item Sets & Mythic Items

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for itemization and the new item sets and two new Mythic items. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Which of the new item sets did you try out, and what did you think of them?
  • Which of the Mythic Items did you use, what was your build/playstyle, and what content did you run?
  • Did anything you received feel under or over-powered?
  • Would you include any of the new item sets or Mythics in any of your current builds?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on September 21, 2020 7:09PM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for touching up some old sets. I haven't tested but they don't look like trash tier anymore for many. Some might not agree, but I definitely see interesting possibilities with these old sets.
  • Marcelovski
    Marcelovski
    ✭✭✭
    When using the new mythic item "Ring of the Pale Order" together with a procset like for example Sheer Venom the damage done by the proc set doesn't count towards the "lifesteal"-like healing of the ring. Not sure if intended or not, but seems strange to me as it is still damage done by me. It was tried in duels in a house.

Otherwise, the item seems really nice as it gives a lot of build options for solo players in pvp.
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When using the new mythic item "Ring of the Pale Order" together with a procset like for example Sheer Venom the damage done by the proc set doesn't count towards the "lifesteal"-like healing of the ring. Not sure if intended or not, but seems strange to me as it is still damage done by me. It was tried in duels in a house.

Otherwise, the item seems really nice as it gives a lot of build options for solo players in pvp.

Damage done by proc sets is not damage done by you.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

My first reaction to that was that it's intended for vampires to wear so that they can stay in Frenzy and use Blood for Blood with less risk. 15% if ~60k DPS is ~9k HPS from that item alone.
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coward’s Gear: This set now also grants up to 250 Stamina Recovery when wearing 5 pieces.

Err... what's the point of this, isn't sprinting disables stamina regen?
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    vgabor wrote: »
    Coward’s Gear: This set now also grants up to 250 Stamina Recovery when wearing 5 pieces.

Err... what's the point of this, isn't sprinting disables stamina regen?

So when you stop sprinting you recover your stam faster?
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Question: Have all of the Crafted Sets that provide Critical Chance or Penetration been unified (e.g. provide both Spell and Weapon versions of the bonus) like the new Crafted Sets?
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vate 2h:
    Frenzied Momentum (Momentum)
    1 – Adds 877 Maximum Stamina (Perfected Only)
    1 – While Momentum is active, casting Stamina abilities generates a stack of Frenzied Momentum for 10 seconds, up to 5 times. Upon reaching max stacks, your next Heavy Attack will consume all stacks and release a violent explosion of energy around your target, dealing 9028 Physical Damage to them and all enemies within 8 meters of them.

Explosive Rebuke – Heavy Armor
    5 – When you successfully block, you place a bomb on the enemy for 10 seconds. When they are hit with a fully-charged Heavy Attack, the bomb detonates, dealing 13150 Flame Damage to all enemies within 8 meters. This effect can occur once every 8 seconds.

Both these sets are ridiculously overperforming it easily doable to burst a 32k HP player from 100-0 just by hitting a fully charged HA and there is no room for error at all.
    The second you get hit by that will vaporize your HP bar and it can be done every 10 seconds.

We really don't want to go back to the days of uncounterable procs bursting people down.

What makes matters worse is that Vate 2h can also be procced outside of combat and can be used while on a non 2h bar it just grants you 5-6k free burst for doing a medium weave its not even needed to do a fully charged HA.

Those sets should never make it to the live servers never.
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Malacath still affecting proc sets is a huge oversight when it comes to balance.
    With procs not being able to crit anyway malacath results in a huge damage buff with no drawback.

Compared to ring of the pale order losing your crit chance on damage skills is ridiculous because in many cases your crits deal as much damage as you do with malacath while crits are also affected by your crit chance.

There has to be either a nerf to the added damage from malacath, crit healing being suppressed too and most importantly proc sets shouldn't benefit from the damage bonus.

Venomous smite is another huge issue.
    2 years ago we had sloads for a single patch that dealt 860 damage every second now we have venomous smite that deals more than 1k damage per second but is also AoE.
    With malacath a plethora of other sets also break past 1k dps in PvP like sheer venom, unleashed terror, icy conjurer...

This is a big problem for PvP balance right now as there is no way to outheal the proc damage from a single person in no cp and even in CP it's rather hard depending on who you face
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wrath of Elements does in no way work as described in the description.
    It says it deals either frost, shock or fire damage to every target in the tether.
    What it does is that it adds 1 additional damage instance for every target in the tether but it only damages the initial target.

Example for only the ele drain target
    Screenshot-20200922-114430-2.png

Example for 30 targets in the tether
    Screenshot-20200922-115025.png

There was no damage dealt to any target in the tether but i got 230k dps on the initial target

(Sorry for German screenshot but should be understandable)
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Night mother's gaze.

The 5 piece now applies major fracture/breech for 4 secs after a critical - a natural change given the change to resistance and penetration.

This weakens the set for it's intended role of stamina dd/support, but it has the opportunity to useful in other roles. It could in theory be useful on any high crit group support build, except the 2,3,4 piece bonus are still intended for stamina dd's.

As with other crafted sets, please consider making the 2,3,4 bonuses useful to tanks/hybrids/magicka. Perhaps adding both spell and weapon critical, and replacing weapon damage with max health.
    Edited by Jim_Pipp on September 22, 2020 11:20AM
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Frenzied Momentum (Momentum)
    1 – Adds 877 Maximum Stamina (Perfected Only)
    1 – While Momentum is active, casting Stamina abilities generates a stack of Frenzied Momentum for 10 seconds, up to 5 times. Upon reaching max stacks, your next Heavy Attack will consume all stacks and release a violent explosion of energy around your target, dealing 9028 Physical Damage to them and all enemies within 8 meters of them.

This is another proc set that will largely be ignored in PVE, but will further push the proc meta in PVP. Procs are out of control in PVP and I hope this set can be changed to something else.
    - Mojican
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Force Overflow and Wrath of Elements arena weapons - these are INCREDIBLY weak considering the nature of beams and how easy they are to break. Instead of a 10 second cooldown, why not just make it so you can only have the effect active on one target at a time? That way you can re-cast if the beam fails for whatever reason.
    Edited by Solariken on September 22, 2020 3:12PM
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Damage done by proc sets is not damage done by you.

If Malacath can buff proc sets then it's only fair that Pale Order should be able to benefit from them too.
    Edited by Solariken on September 22, 2020 3:18PM
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried Void Bash and the set is a great concept but it feels underpowered.
    12m is too short of a radius. Considering the 13s cooldown on the set, you might as well walk up to the enemies to taunt them. It should be at least 22m to be in line with other pulls, as the set has to compete with them.
    The Major Maim definitely needs to stay so tanks can justify running this set over a Monster set to their group. It should be noted that not only does this set compete with Monster sets but makes wearing Alkosh an impossibility for tanks as you wear it on your jewelry and weapons. So the opportunity cost of it is already quite high for its power, even if at 22m range.
    The cooldown feels a bit long, but I might feel different about that once the range is at 22m.

Should the radius be buffed, I would consider using this set instead of a monster set and Alkosh on my Templar tank and would replace Silver Leash with Power Bash to make pulling faster and cheaper.
    Edited by Ratzkifal on September 22, 2020 3:55PM
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would love a Magicka version of this with a Burning status instead of Poisoned.

Witch-Knight’s Defiance – Medium Armor
    2 – Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    3 – Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    4 – Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    5 – Increases your Weapon Damage by 369 against Poisoned enemies.

This one looks like a great AoE Magicka Set.

Hex Siphon – Light Armor

2 – Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    3 – Adds 129 Spell Damage
    4 – Adds 833 Spell Critical
    5 – Adds 171 Spell Damage
    5 – Whenever you bash an enemy, you release a cone of hexing energy in front of you. Each enemy hit increases your Spell Damage by 88 for 8 second, up to a maximum of 6 enemies. This effect can occur once every 8 seconds. Whenever you successfully interrupt a target, you restore 1000 Magicka.

It's too bad that magicka is feeling real dinky with a lot of the other changes like minor magickasteal.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    Re: Force Overflow and Wrath of Elements arena weapons - these are INCREDIBLY weak considering the nature of beams and how easy they are to break. Instead of a 10 second cooldown, why not just make it so you can only have the effect active on one target at a time? That way you can re-cast if the beam fails for whatever reason.

Force Overflow is useless anyway, since beams between you and a properly turned boss won't hit the tank who's facing the boss away from you.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on September 22, 2020 4:12PM
  • Decimus
    Decimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ring of the Pale Order

As long as this ring doesn't buff damage done by proc sets (large portion of damage dealt by you, particularly AoE damage) it will never compete with Malacath ring or Torc in PvP.

Which is a shame, because we could definitely use less people running Malacath ring to zerg people down & more people using the procs in a more defensive fashion in outnumbered scenarios.

It also doesn't heal from damage done by status effects you apply (Burning etc), or damage done by alchemical poisons.
    PC/EU @ DECMVS
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the ring...tried it in the arena, really is magic.
  • ebix_
    ebix_
    ✭✭✭✭
    please reconsider your proc set standards and tune them down a little
    please stop proc meta.
    this patch is like death by a thousand cuts with sets like unleashed, venomous , sheer venom etc . next patch is even worse with combination of sets like frenzied momentum, explosive rebuke and sergeant's mail
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    Night mother's gaze.

The 5 piece now applies major fracture/breech for 4 secs after a critical - a natural change given the change to resistance and penetration.

This weakens the set for it's intended role of stamina dd/support, but it has the opportunity to useful in other roles. It could in theory be useful on any high crit group support build, except the 2,3,4 piece bonus are still intended for stamina dd's.

As with other crafted sets, please consider making the 2,3,4 bonuses useful to tanks/hybrids/magicka. Perhaps adding both spell and weapon critical, and replacing weapon damage with max health.

I think that the answer is simply to change all of the Crafted Sets that are intended for damage to give both Magicka and Stamina versions of a buff when they provide a line of something like Critical Chance, Damage, Max Resources or Penetration. That way, you have universally useful damage sets rather than magDPS and stamDPS sets.

A tank isn't meant to wear a damage set so adding Health and other tanking bonuses shouldn't be added. There are already plenty of Tank and Healer Crafted Sets.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Point-Blank Snipe is kind of weird. You lose 12% damage on everything from Long Shots only to gain 33% damage from this set but only on your spammable, but you also give up your advantage of being a ranged dps completely and melee is currently superior to bow setups anyway so if you are going to be melee why bother with a bow at all?

As for PvP, this set is completely useless because you can just get bashed before you fire. If it gave your snipe immunity to being interrupted, then alright. But it doesn't, so it's worthless.

I get that Snipe can already be a very oppressive skill but this was the one chance we had to make Bow/Bow builds competitive with melee builds in PvE and we got something going against the style of the weapon - going melee.

Some other ideas for how this set could work without simply adding more damage:
    • reduce the cast time but reduce the damage a bit as well for balance
    • make targets hit by snipe receive more damage from other bow abilities
    • make Snipe apply something interesting to the target or yourself
    • increase the range further just for the lolz
    • reflavor the damage it deals to be disease or a bleed or something. Different arrow heads are a thing after all.
    • make it grant a buff or refund resources after killing something with Snipe
    All of these sound more interesting than using Snipe at point blank. This is a meme set and not in the good way like Daedric Trickery.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    The Point-Blank Snipe is kind of weird. You lose 12% damage on everything from Long Shots only to gain 33% damage from this set but only on your spammable, but you also give up your advantage of being a ranged dps completely and melee is currently superior to bow setups anyway so if you are going to be melee why bother with a bow at all?

As for PvP, this set is completely useless because you can just get bashed before you fire. If it gave your snipe immunity to being interrupted, then alright. But it doesn't, so it's worthless.

I get that Snipe can already be a very oppressive skill but this was the one chance we had to make Bow/Bow builds competitive with melee builds in PvE and we got something going against the style of the weapon - going melee.

Some other ideas for how this set could work without simply adding more damage:
    • reduce the cast time but reduce the damage a bit as well for balance
    • make targets hit by snipe receive more damage from other bow abilities
    • make Snipe apply something interesting to the target or yourself
    • increase the range further just for the lolz
    • reflavor the damage it deals to be disease or a bleed or something. Different arrow heads are a thing after all.
    • make it grant a buff or refund resources after killing something with Snipe
    All of these sound more interesting than using Snipe at point blank. This is a meme set and not in the good way like Daedric Trickery.

I'm liking it for an easy bow/bow build; it's similar to Stamplar in that the name of the game is to get as many casts of one skill in as you can (Lethal Arrow for Stamden, jabs for Stamplar) and I just got my highest Stamden parse ever using sub assault + trap + hail + lethal arrow with Relequen/Swamp raider/new arena front bar/maelstrom back bar:

AodOQSv.png

I don't mind staying in melee-ish range since it's easier for me to LA weave with a bow when I'm closer for whatever reason. I'm worried that this set isn't going to make it to live as things stand. If people can abuse the snipe desync in PvP to the point that they can make this work in some unintended way, I'm sure it'll get nerfed.

It feels like it was made for Stamden- I tried it on other classes and it was nowhere near as strong. If this goes live I think it'll help stamden a lot, and I'll definitely use it for a new play style.
    Edited by SidraWillowsky on September 23, 2020 4:13AM
  • Lone343Wolf
    Which of the new item sets did you try out, and what did you think of them?
    I tried out the Ring of the Pale Order & the new Destro staff from the Arena. The ring performed well in solo content and doesn't seem to be that powerful considering that you cannot be healed by anyone other than yourself. Probably not good for trials or hard endgame content, but I enjoyed it non the less. The Destro staff was kind similar, but i think that it should be able to proc on more than one enemy at a time. I like the idea though, maybe needs a little bit more damage, but not sure. Which of the Mythic Items did you use, what was your build/playstyle, and what content did you run?
    Definitely going to use the ring on my new vampire build I am creating. I ran some dungeons and solo content and the ring will not be viable in trials or endgame content, which is fine.
    Did anything you received feel under or over-powered?
    I think the staff may be underperforming a little bit in terms of damage compared to the maelstrom staff (need to test more)
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Which of the new item sets did you try out, and what did you think of them?
    Ring of the Pale Order on my Orc Stamina Sorcerer and Dark Elf Hybrid Vampire Sorcerer. I absolutely loved the changes for both characters as it felt like an extension of Critical Surge and that fits my favorite type of healing in action-oriented games, that of healing while attacking.

Did anything you received feel under or over-powered?
    I felt as though the current value is spot-on in turning.

Would you include any of the new item sets or Mythics in any of your current builds?
    Absolutely! It instantly makes my Vampire Hybrid Sorcerer much more viable, especially in PvE content. The cost of Frenzy is prohibitively high for basically any build, but the Ring allows you to stay in Frenzy for additional time and thus construct more of a normal rotation around its use.
    Edited by YandereGirlfriend on September 24, 2020 2:08AM
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jailer Tenacity: now in addition to proc conditions that makes set literally impossible to meet - it apply twice nerfed major buff. This is final nail in the coffer for this set.
    Redesign it completely: I suggest to turn it into kiss-curse set, as reverted version of Pirate Skeleton:
    Make it apply for 15sec with 20sec cd and 100%procchance when recieve damage a minor vulnerability on yourself and major vitality. So, similarly like pirate is defile-mitigation this set would serve as reverted heal-vulnerability. And in similar manner its curse will scale on amount of enemies hits you and its kiss on amount of allies and your own healing powers.
    Pirate is monster set that apply mitigation in cost of heal, while Jailer would be 5pc set taht apply heal in cost of mitigation.
    Edited by Cinbri on September 24, 2020 8:08AM
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Point-Blank Snipe
    After testing out this new special weapon on trial dummy (so PVE) I have this feedback:

The design of the weapon is in good direction, its clear there is no desire to really improve ranged combat so this was great idea to improve standard stacked close range fight DPS tho 7meters feels very limiting for a ranged weapon with ranged passive and range spammable disadvantages (25% snare, 1s cast time, interruptable) as thats same range uppercut works from.
    Possible solution: Something around 10m would be more reasonable

The damage boost doesnt feel powerful enough. It is damage done and not taken so stacked against endgame PVE buffs and passives it really has very minor impact, about 10% increase, over Master Bow effect on Snipe damage.
    Unfortunately simple solution of increasing damage would maybe cause negative effect of rewarding pure snipe spamming ala jabplars over any other bow or class skills. This would not be welcomed gameplay.
    Possible solution: Change effect to multiplicative so power of the weapon scales with heavily buffed fights present in endgame PVE and possibly balance this change by trading bit of power for minor secondary effect like debuff or DoT that would not make pure snipe spamming heavily rewarded.
  • Trinotops
    Trinotops
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ring of the Pale Order.

It seems that this mythic doesn't work with most proc sets, something that I highly approve of. However, there are some proc sets that it does work with (I didn't test all of them since there are far too many): leeching plate, overwhelming surge, unleashed terror, frozen watcher, and auroran's thunder. I think that it shouldn't work with any of these sets or any proc set for that matter. Proc sets are already easy damage, they don't need to be easy healing too.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Executioners blade needs to have the "behind" requirement removed.

The skill this weapon enchances is already pretty terrible, at least this would make it a somewhat okay ranged execute ability.

As it stands no one will use this.
  • Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    Executioners blade needs to have the "behind" requirement removed.

The skill this weapon enchances is already pretty terrible, at least this would make it a somewhat okay ranged execute ability.

As it stands no one will use this.

This. Or at the very minimum, allow it perhaps 100% execute damage from the front and 200% from the back so theres at least a minor alternative. Its already iffy to dedicate a set to doing something circumstantial like increased damage at the execute range (Kvatch Gladiator) or needing to flank (Flanking Strategist) but a mixture of the two? Just too questionable in my eyes.