Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 28 - Feedback Thread for Item Set Collection

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for the Item Set Collection. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Sticker Book Arrangement
    • Do you like the current Categories and Sub-Categories, and how the Item Sets are arranged in those categories?
    • Did the ordering make sense?
    • Is it easy to find a particular Item Set?
  • Sticker Book Aesthetics
    • Do you like the iconography and location within the Collections menu?
    • Do the progress bars give you a sense of progression within the system?
    • Do you like the size and layout of the stickers of each individual item?
  • Reconstruction
    • Was it easy to create a Reconstructed item in the trait and quality you wanted?
    • Did you clearly understand the costs you were paying to Reconstruct an item?
    • How did it feel to reconstruct an entire 5-piece Item Set?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on September 21, 2020 7:09PM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Alentarlixia
    Alentarlixia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only looked up one thing, but I'll leave this and a suggestion here

Do you like the current Categories and Sub-Categories, and how the Item Sets are arranged in those categories?

Yes, most popular drop locations are known, looking up things while in a dungeon will work fine, the option to filter helps when planning to farm.

Did the ordering make sense?
    Yes :)

Is it easy to find a particular Item Set?

Yes :) Two ways to look. Pretty easy for me.

And now I have a question/feedback.
    As mentioned in the Notes when 6.1.5. went live.
    General
    The following set weapons will no longer drop as bows or staves:
    Aegis Caller
    Curse of Doylemish
    Viper's Sting
    Ward of Cyrodiil

On the actual PTS all these weapons are included in the collection. But we can't collect them anymore, unless we've been lucky and kept them. Could you fix this pls?

(I never got the point why they've been removed btw)
    Edited by Alentarlixia on September 21, 2020 7:47PM
  • Apox
    Apox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    big fan. kinda concerned about the transmute price. even 25 per piece for a full 5 set is gonna be a good chunk but i also havent been able to see how noticeable the buff to pve transmutes are.

also how does it work for arena weapons and monster sets? i saw a tab for arena weapons on the stream preview but since arena weapons are 1 item, will it cost 75 or 25?
    Edited by Apox on September 21, 2020 7:57PM
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The UI is absolutely horrendous, have your UI designers never seen a grid type layout or a spreadsheet for presenting large amounts of information?

Set name in rows down the side. Item slot in columns along the top
    Filters for zone/source/known/unknown
    Various sort options could be implemented

Come on Zeni, you can do better than this - it's a worse mess than the Antiquities UI (Have a look at the Display Leads addon to see how that mess of data was ordered in a much more efficient way on screen making it a lot easier to use. Please).

EDIT: And yes addon authors will make a better job of it in short order, but that is no reason or excuse to have a nonsensical UI that makes it difficult to sort through the data in vanilla. It assumes for a start that I can recall which set comes from which zone without having to look it up.
    Edited by Epona222 on September 21, 2020 8:09PM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Increasing the cap on transmutes to 500-100 is a good change, but still just an annoyance.

Why not remove the cap all together and then make it so eso+ gets a 50% boost to transmute crystals.

Surely it would be far less of an annoyance and more people would be inclined to get eso+
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about a "favourites" page too, whereby I could right click on the sets that I want to focus on collecting and have them viewed on their own sheet for favourites, so that I can have a custom overview of the items I really need that I can refer to quickly?
    Edited by Epona222 on September 21, 2020 8:19PM

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another thought, how about having a "current location" page so if you are in a trial you can click on the current location page to see all the gear potentially available from that trial, or if in Rivenspire I can see all of the overground gear that relates to the drops I might be most likely to get.

• MopeyHat
    MopeyHat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sticker Book Arrangement
    Do you like the current Categories and Sub-Categories, and how the Item Sets are arranged in those categories?

Made enough sense to me.

Between the categories and the text search, it's fine. It would nice to be able to search for all Mask Sets and Arena Weapon Sets in particular though.

Sticker Book Aesthetics
    Do you like the iconography and location within the Collections menu?
    It's fine.

Do the progress bars give you a sense of progression within the system?
    Yep, sure does hit the "well now I need to go collect all these" buttons.

Do you like the size and layout of the stickers of each individual item?
    Seems fine, my only comment is that if there's going to be a expander on each one they should have an expand/reduce all option.

Reconstruction
    Was it easy to create a Reconstructed item in the trait and quality you wanted?
    Yep, pretty easy.

Did you clearly understand the costs you were paying to Reconstruct an item?
    Yep, very clear.

How did it feel to reconstruct an entire 5-piece Item Set?
    Like I could hear a sigh of relief from my bank.

Do you have any other general feedback?
    Can you guys add crafted sets? They don't have to be reconstructable/collectible; just that this would make it so the set collections are a complete database and mirror the Itemization Browser add-on.
  • ninibini
    ninibini
    ✭✭✭
    Sticker Book Arrangement

I actually would have like an alphabetic list of sets, with source (zone/dungeon/...) as filter

yes

Sticker Book Aesthetics

the contrast between things you have and things you are missing is not very high, which makes it difficult to easily and clearly see what you have at a glance (but I do like the checkbox)

Reconstruction

I was able to select perfected trials gear on a lowbie toon (lvl 25) to reconstruct.
    Monster sets and arena weapons were locked and showed CP160 as a level, but trials sets and dungeon gear was possible.
    Not sure, if that is intended.

I'm missing a filter to see collected vs. sets with missing items
    And maybe an option to collapse all, so you can just see the bars, for a better overview.
    Edited by ninibini on September 21, 2020 10:17PM
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My general feedback is this is the best QOL feature in the history of the game and I wish it came sooner.

One thing though, I feel an item should recon at the quality it dropped for the the player. It's requires significantly more effort to farm jewelry in a vet dungeon or trial than it does to breeze through on normal for example, and the player should be rewarded for that. You could deal with the obvious farming exploit by making reconed items have a low or 0 chance of dropping tempers on decon.

Also how about some collection achievements to incentivize running content to complete collections? This system already has Pokemon vibes, make me wanna catch em all.
  • Mr_Arce88
    Mr_Arce88
    ✭✭✭
    Getting rid of the items hoarding and allowing us to find item once and then re-construct it is a godsend. Now we can focus on actually playing the game, instead of mindelesely working on finding items. You know, like I will have time now to play PvP more instead of grinding dungeon or zone because I need 12 new items in weird traits for new build I want to try... So thank you from the botom of my hoarder's heart for this, but then again - this should be like this from day 0 ;)
  • Andraste
    Andraste
    ✭✭
    Nevermind - this seems to be implemented
    Edited by Andraste on September 22, 2020 1:31AM
  • Thrudra_Magia
    Thrudra_Magia
    ✭✭✭
    General Feedback

I like everything about this except the following:

My character can only Reconstruct items at their level, CP160. My lower level characters are not allowed to craft anything. No reason provided, only that the Reconstruct option is grayed out.

What are lower level characters supposed to do? I thought the whole point of this system is to get rid of sets sitting in your inventory yet this system doesn't address the obvious issues--lower level crafting because not all of my sets were obtained by a CP160

Proposed solution: Let the crafter set the level of the reconstructed item as long as it is reconstructed at the crafter's same or lower level, CP160 or L10.

I doubt this will get any traction because of the OP implications for crafting dungeon sets, but if not then at least lay out the restrictions for reconstruction, such as your character has to have a, b, and c done to reconstruct items at their level. In this way my L17 can craft items that dropped for them at their level.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Only comment: Holy sweetroll it's nice to have every bound item in storage (bank/chests) imported automatically! I get still having to log into every toon, but really, I didn't have to pull everything out of chests/bank. Very nice.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might be just a UI bug, but I had an issue with CP160 set items loading into the "sticker book" from a lower level character.

Per the first screenshot, my character is a level 22 Magicka Nightblade with bound CP160 Marksman Jewelry in inventory.

However, after the set item load, the Marksman Jewelry only displayed level 22 in the "sticker book" UI.

xv3bUUp.png

pv6hmiX.png

EDIT: Looks like the reconstruction level in the "sticker book" is directly tied to the current character being played. So not a bug.

vtNPcKA.png

Edited by Taleof2Cities on September 22, 2020 6:58PM
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Might be just a UI bug, but I had an issue with CP160 set items loading into the "sticker book" from a lower level character.

Per the first screenshot, my character is a level 22 Magicka Nightblade with bound CP160 Marksman Jewelry in inventory.

However, after the set item load, the Marksman Jewelry only displayed level 22 in the "sticker book" UI.

xv3bUUp.png

pv6hmiX.png

Oooh that isn't good. If you move that item to a max level character, does it get re-added to the book as CP160? A lot of people store spare max level bound gear on unleveled alts!

• richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My concern is the relationship with Perfected / Non-Perfected. I've seen screenshots now and can see they are treated as two different sets. I don't have the bandwidth to download the PTS, so I thought I'd chime in here for feedback on the screenshot, if anybody could test this, that'd be great.

Does unlocking a Perfected item, also unlock the Non-Perfected item? As somebody that runs a fair bit of vet content, I'm not all to interested in farming the inferior version simply to unlock it in my book. The ideal situation would be that it is just one set, and finding a Perfect version would override the Non-Perfected version, and that Perfected/Non-Perfected are compatible with one another but do not provide the Perfected bonus unless 5 Perfected pieces are made. If that is too difficult, the other solution would be to have if a Perfect is found, the Non-Perfect is also unlocked, similar to how if you run a Vet Dungeon, you also get the Normal achievement.

--

As for above, regarding the level 22 item.

They should just remove the level all together from the collection book. Have it so that whatever character reconstructs it, it arrives on that level. Alts, for them to use this system would need to prioritise researching on the traits they want rather than whatever is present. IE prioritise Divines. The first tier research trait is really quick, and with scrolls so is the first 3 really. Might sound mean to put a little burden on alts, but its better than risking your end game characters being stuck with only having access to level 22 gear.

I'd be fine with this not being accessible to any character under CP160, treated as an unlock. Logic being, it is for the purposes of long term collection to recall after a ZOS patch nerfs your gear, or you want to experiment. Low characters aren't really about that, it would really only serve low characters to own BGs against other low level players that aren't kitted out.

I've decided to download the PTS to try this out, my nets going to hurt the rest of the day.
    Edited by richo262 on September 22, 2020 6:11AM
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The arrangements seemed fine to me however I did note that the item sets that are shared between the Craglorn Trials were spread out among the three trials. That could confuse some. I think it might make more sense if all of the shared sets were shown in each trial they can drop.

Yes

Yes. The inclusion of a text filter was also much appreciated.

The icons made sense however I feel that the ring icon is a little hard to discern at a glance if you've filled in the item for that set or not. The shade of silver almost makes it look greyed out. Perhaps if there were some additional bordering around collected items that could help them stand out. Otherwise by mousing over the item I was able to determine which I'd filled in.

Kind of. I feel like the icons would be enough had they some sort of border.

The size and layout seemed fine.

Yes.

Yes.

Did not attempt.

I feel that the only item pieces that should be represented in this system are ones that can still drop in game. There are a number of SmartLoot TM Sets that are currently showing all previously available items and not just the ones that are available in loot pools. Aegis Caller had bows, Viper's Sting had bows and staves, Destruction Mastery had all of the martial weapon types, a bow and a resto staff. These need to be scrubbed from the sticker book otherwise there's just no way to complete those sets in the book and you'll be penalized for their lack of availability since they will count towards craft cost. If an item is ever removed from a loot pool in the future you should also make a note about how that will impact this system. Will the item be removed from the book? or will something else happen to it?
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Do we really have to equip every single item in order to bind it? I've got hundreds of unbound items in my inventories on the live server. Can we please get a "Bind" command in the right-click menu for these items.
    PC EU
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do we really have to equip every single item in order to bind it? I've got hundreds of unbound items in my inventories on the live server. Can we please get a "Bind" command in the right-click menu for these items.

It is to prevent you just picking it up, unlocking it, then selling it on, or at the end of a dungeon everyone just swaps gear.

There should be an option to Auto-Bind an item that you don't have in your collection. As soon as you pick it up, if you have not collected it, it is bound be default and triggers the collection system. If you find another one, after already collecting it, previous rules apply (BOP, BOE or BOE/dungeon timer). There will no doubt be an addon that will quickly auto equip and swap back to what you were wearing prior just to force a binding process.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    Another thought, how about having a "current location" page so if you are in a trial you can click on the current location page to see all the gear potentially available from that trial, or if in Rivenspire I can see all of the overground gear that relates to the drops I might be most likely to get.
    Good idea, lots of people will be asking for weird stuff now to fill out the collections and getting sets who drop would be nice.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why are you storing lots of unused overland sets? Sell them, you can always buy them back it you need them.
    Price tend to go down as we get more sets, exception is set who is buffed.

Now this will be more an chore during plays so yes an bind option makes some sense.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Should I be able to reconstruct/craft low level perfected siroria and other trial gear? I'm sure the no-CP under 50 crew will love that.
    Edited by mairwen85 on September 22, 2020 12:51PM
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is an amazing system, but I would really appreciate the ability to see what the crafted sets do via this system, even if I cannot reconstruct them.
    @CyberOnEso PC | EU - Jack of all Trades - Armory Style Manager Planesbreaker | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

xv3bUUp.png

pv6hmiX.png

Oooh that isn't good. If you move that item to a max level character, does it get re-added to the book as CP160? A lot of people store spare max level bound gear on unleveled alts!

The level of the item showing in the collection is not relevant when it comes to reconstruction.

When you reconstruct an item the system uses the level of the character doing the reconstruction to set the level of the item produced (you can't change it). A cp160 character can only reconstruct cp160 gear, same as they can only loot cp160 gear.

Low level characters are most likely going to have to reconstruct the items for themselves to get it at a level they can use. This makes the traits they (don't) know and the amount of a tempers they need to use a bit of a pain point.
    PC EU
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭

xv3bUUp.png

pv6hmiX.png

The level of the item showing in the collection is not relevant when it comes to reconstruction.

When you reconstruct an item the system uses the level of the character doing the reconstruction to set the level of the item produced (you can't change it). A cp160 character can only reconstruct cp160 gear, same as they can only loot cp160 gear.

Low level characters are most likely going to have to reconstruct the items for themselves to get it at a level they can use. This makes the traits they (don't) know and the amount of a tempers they need to use a bit of a pain point.

I'm fine with it being harder for low level alts. I see this system as long term recall for experimentation. I think if this was easy to use for low level alts it would simply be used for players with ALOT of resources and transmute stones to smash actual new players that don't have stones and collected sets in low level BG. Transmute stones are really not common to new players on their first characters. Use crafted sets for alts, reconstructed sets for end game.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The searching has seemed fine to me.

The UI when you actually try to reconstruct something can be a bit awkward. It wasn't totally clear where to click to get things started (some small bit of highlighting what the active possibilities are would be nice). And when I reconstructed an item with the default trait (which I hadn't researched yet), the X indicating the trait was off-putting, suggesting I wouldn't be able to do what I in fact was and did.
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m so happy about this system! I think it’s perfect for those set pieces I’ve been storing that I only might want to try out someday without having to regard them, which is what a large majority of my space is used for. I‘ll probably continue to keep my favorite sets in my inventories and some extra jewelry in the bank or storage chests, at least at first until I build up a lot of jewelry materials.
  • O-Los_Zulis
    O-Los_Zulis
    ✭✭✭
    Sticker Book Arrangement
    Yeah it works. I think adding even more subcategories would be better. Like what has been stated.

yeah. It works

I think a few sets are missing like Shalidor's Curse

Sticker Book Aesthetics
    Fine. It works.

yes

yes. it works, but it can be more compact too.

Reconstruction
    yes

yes

full set cost is too high. Cost could be metered better towards easy of in game game collections. A lot cheaper for overland more costly for raids items.

There must a right-click menu option to Bind/Add to Collections. Also, add at better way to sort inventory to sort uncollected items.

Tyger Blue Eyes

"My words mean nothing if you never listen."

-=15+ Toons=- cp1300+ Master Crafter+ 12+AD 1DC 1EP=-

• CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CyberOnEso wrote: »
    This is an amazing system, but I would really appreciate the ability to see what the crafted sets do via this system, even if I cannot reconstruct them.

Crafted sets are not included in the sticker book. That being said, you can always visit the crafting station to see what the set does, use an addon (can't remember the name of the one that displays all in-game sets, while in-game), or use eso-sets.com (my go-to).
  • JHartEllis
    JHartEllis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was hyped about this as it was originally talked about with the full refund of input costs--thinking about how that would mean being able to try out different traits and sets without any downside other than upfront costs. With the deconstruction NOT giving back the upgrade mats, this system isn't super useful other than some peace of mind in deconstructing weird gear that will probably never be tried out in the future either. I would strongly recommend increasing the materials given back for deconstructing Reconstructed items.

I would also recommend allowing free or low-cost trait Transmute on Reconstructed items.

This whole system would matter a lot more if gear even mattered all that much. I can slot one passive ability (e.g. Repentance) that gives me 6 sets worth of gear. Gear is overemphasized as an incentive system. I'd recommend boosting 5-piece bonuses across the board by 60-100% or even more.
    Edited by JHartEllis on September 22, 2020 5:08PM
    Guild leader of Spicy Economics and Spicy Life on PC/NA
    ESO Stream Team Partner on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/jhartellis
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/JHartEllis
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/JHartEllis