The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Instant Game Crash

Moomins
Moomins
✭✭✭
Hi,
I have been trying to start ESO for the last three days, but all I get is this error message:
8njpmq8lv405.jpg

I cleared my Addon folder - it is now empty, removed AddOnSettings.txt.
I then opened the launcher and repaired the game - no luck.
I uninstalled and then reinstalled the game - no luck same error message as soon as I click on either play in the launcher OR click on ESO64.exe directly.

Suddenly, I managed to log in for a brief few seconds yesterday, but the game was spinning crazily and would not respond, so I had to ctrl-alt-del to exit.
Tried to restart the game, and the ubiquitous error message reappeared.

This problem occurs regardless of whether I access the game as an administrator or not.

I uninstalled and then reinstalled the launcher.
The launcher starts - I click on play, and I get the same error message:
[img]https://us.v-cdn.net/5020507/uploads/editor/yx/8shqmjht689p.jpg[/img I go back to the launcher and click on repair yet again. Same error message. I have run out of ideas, and I am not impressed at all. This problem started after the update on Tuesday. What gets me is that there is no error code!!!! To be on the safe side, have run both SFC/scannow and chkdsk C: /r’ to check for potential corrupt files, but both came back clean. What else can I do? I have submitted a ticket with the gameconsultant file. This situation is not an issue regarding my PC’s ability to run the game. My PC is running on: Core i7 3.40GHz processor with 16GB RAM, 8TB HDD total capacity, with 3TB free space NVIDIA 1050i (4GB RAM) GPU Direct X 12 5.1 surround sound Realtek digital soundcard Win 10 home. No problems reported, have no issues playing any other game. This configuration more than fulfils the game requirements as listed below: Operating System: Windows 7/Windows 8.1 64-bit. Processor: Intel® Core™ i5 2300 or AMD FX4350. System RAM: 8GB. Hard Disk Space: 85GB free HDD space. GPU: Direct X 11.0 compliant video card with 2GB of RAM (NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 750 or AMD Radeon™ HD 7850) or higher. Sound: DirectX compatible sound card.[/img]
"Dragons? Oh, they're everywhere! You must fly very high to see most of them, though. The ones nearer the ground are very hard to see, being invisible."
M'aiq the Liar
  • Moomins
    Moomins
    ✭✭✭
    hmm the second half of my post did not come out right. here is what the second half should look like:

I uninstalled and then reinstalled the launcher.
    The launcher starts - I click on play, and I get the same error message:
    icghgnkvigkw.jpg

I go back to the launcher and click on repair yet again. Same error message. I have run out of ideas, and I am not impressed at all. This problem started after the update on Tuesday.

What gets me is that there is no error code!!!!

To be on the safe side, have run both SFC/scannow and chkdsk C: /r’ to check for potential corrupt files, but both came back clean.

What else can I do? I have submitted a ticket with the game consultant file.

This situation is not an issue regarding my PC’s ability to run the game. My PC is running on:

Core i7 3.40GHz processor with 16GB RAM, 8TB HDD total capacity, with 3TB free space NVIDIA 1050i (4GB RAM) GPU Direct X 12 5.1 surround sound Realtek digital soundcard Win 10 home.

No problems reported, have no issues playing any other game.

This configuration more than fulfils the game requirements as listed below: Operating System: Windows 7/Windows 8.1 64-bit. Processor: Intel® Core™ i5 2300 or AMD FX4350. System RAM: 8GB. Hard Disk Space: 85GB free HDD space. GPU: Direct X 11.0 compliant video card with 2GB of RAM (NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 750 or AMD Radeon™ HD 7850) or higher. Sound: DirectX compatible sound card
    "Dragons? Oh, they're everywhere! You must fly very high to see most of them, though. The ones nearer the ground are very hard to see, being invisible."
    M'aiq the Liar
  • Moomins
    Moomins
    ✭✭✭
    Ticket no:200828-001333
    M'aiq the Liar
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey there @Moomins

We can confirm that your latest reply has been received and a support agent will reach out as soon as they can.

In the meantime, please ensure that you have tried all of the steps in this article.
    Edited by ZOS_Adrikoth on August 28, 2020 12:37PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Moomins
    Moomins
    ✭✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_Adrikoth,

I received a reply, and the issue is fixed. The problem is with the following services:
    1. Chrome elevation service (Elevation_Service.exe)
    2. Google Update Service (update) 
    3. Google Update Service (gupdatem) 

I have disabled these services and ESO is now working perfectly!

Moomins

M'aiq the Liar
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thank you for letting us know the problem was related to some background services. We will now be closing the thread going forward.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.