The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Outfit Bug?

Gederic
Gederic
✭✭✭✭✭
Has anyone experienced a bug with the outfit select in your character menu being bugged and grayed out? I can't select it to change outfit. I've already tried turning off all my addons and yes ESO plus is enabled. I can change outfits at the outfit station but I cannot flip at will whenever I want. Its a small thing, but its just started today for me after the patch.

m3y7d77cgjyd.png

Ours is the Fury
  • Rykoth
    Rykoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm this.
    Gorthal gro-Gunthak, Chieftain of Mor'Grumaar
    Sigrun Elkhorn, Nordic Warrior and Skald

Mor'Grumaar - Orcish Stronghold Roleplay
  • AngeredPally
    AngeredPally
    Soul Shriven
    Same. It's grayed out and I can only change it if I run to an outfit station and change it there.
    Here's for hoping it's a bug and not a "feature".
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also affected by this, but it didn't happen until I had been on for about an hour. Last thing I did was start a duel.
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey folks,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your reports and we wanted to let you know that we are investigating this issue.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Wyrd88
    Wyrd88
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's greyed out for me aswell, but It's actually working and let change outfit if I clicked on it.
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    for me it's not working at all, greyed out no clicking..can onyl change outfits via an outfit station..which is..stupid
  • Makronette
    Makronette
    Soul Shriven
    Greyed out for me too.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happened for me only during movement or when mounted.
  • Aendruu
    Aendruu
    ✭✭✭
    Gederic wrote: »
    Has anyone experienced a bug with the outfit select in your character menu being bugged and grayed out? I can't select it to change outfit. I've already tried turning off all my addons and yes ESO plus is enabled. I can change outfits at the outfit station but I cannot flip at will whenever I want. Its a small thing, but its just started today for me after the patch.
    Ditto.

"So, drinking is a sacrament to Y'ffre... because it's his way of reminding us not to take things too seriously... You know how the other Elves are. Altmer have their crystal towers, and that's how they want to be — cold and perfect. And Dunmer are just like their Red Mountain — smouldering and dark. We just want to have a drink and not worry about it."
    - Regring the Spinner
  • andonemaniac
    andonemaniac
    Soul Shriven
    Do you use No, thank you? The outfit is greyed out for me whenever I have "Don't rotate game camera" Active
  • ankerous
    ankerous
    ✭✭✭
    Do you use No, thank you? The outfit is greyed out for me whenever I have "Don't rotate game camera" Active

I've had this issue for a bit and that sounded plausible so I went in and checked but found it not turned on. I turned all addons off and it worked fine again so I knew it was something with an addon. I found out my problem was with Idle Animations which also has a don't rotate game camera option that was turned on. As soon as I turned it off the problem went away. Thanks for the insight because although it wasn't the same addon, it was the same type of option causing it.
    Edited by ankerous on August 30, 2020 3:57AM
  • Muirwen
    Muirwen
    ✭✭

For me it was the LorePlay addon which caused the problem
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    found a work around

U > style preview > the outfit list there lets you change your outfit
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There was a patch today that still didn't address this bug, and for those of you that go "it's X add-on" I've literally uninstalled every addon I have...and I'm still effected by the bug

@ZOS_Adrikoth

is this actually going to get fixed..like..ever?
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    notyuu wrote: »
    found a work around

U > style preview > the outfit list there lets you change your outfit

Thanks for workaround :) I use Alpha Style Addon to quickly swap between my cosmetics, it works to :)
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey folks,

If you could provide a full screenshot of this issue when you encounter it, we would greatly appreciate it. We also recommend disabling any add-ons to ensure that this is not the cause of the issue.

Please also keep in mind that certain in-game actions, such as swimming or being in a werewolf transformation, could prevent you from changing your outfit.
    Staff Post
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    the bug happening...as you can see I am doing literally nothing with no add-ons installed...
    pHEvcIm.png

for reference, I have 10 outfit slots...so this is kinda...annoying....
    CCDmGaX.png

@ZOS_Adrikoth
    Edited by notyuu on September 12, 2020 9:10PM
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey there @notyuu

Thanks for taking the time to follow up! While this bug is occurring, are you able to rotate the character? Could you also let us know if this is a consistent issue across multiple characters?
    Staff Post
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey there @notyuu

Thanks for taking the time to follow up! While this bug is occurring, are you able to rotate the character? Could you also let us know if this is a consistent issue across multiple characters?

No I can't, never have been able to, but this issue only cropped up with the DLC patch/update so I thought it a non issue

and it's across every character I have

@ZOS_Adrikoth

also i am going to suggest/request that any further questions or the like are taken to DMs to avoid "blowing up" the thread as it were.
    Edited by notyuu on September 17, 2020 2:51PM
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Adrikoth

another patch and the bug is STILL happening
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey there @notyuu

Thank you for reaching back out. This information has been passed along to the proper team.
    Staff Post
  • AScarlato
    AScarlato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still happening for me...
  • AScarlato
    AScarlato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just turned off my "Stop It!" mod i use for RP....that fixed it. Hope the mod is updated i guess.
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bug finally got sorted out.....only took two bloody months
  • fjord55b14_ESO
    fjord55b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Nope. Still experiencing this bug