The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

House Icons missing from map (and map tab)

Mix
Mix
✭✭✭✭✭
My Snowmelt Suite icon is missing and I saw people in chat saying their Bastion icon was missing as well. On the map tab for houses - Snowmelt Suite is missing as well. It IS still in my collections menu though.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    It's possible this could be tied to an out of date addon. Have you tried disabling and seeing if the issue still occurs?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Mizael
    Mizael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it still don't work
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disabled out of date addons and icon is still missing

disabled all addons (I would love a check button that did this instead of unchecking each one!) and Snowmelt Suite icon is still missing.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks everyone, we're aware and investigating! In the meantime, if you travel to the house it should clear the issue.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Testing it shows it not returning to the map post-porting.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • Aurrynthea_Drake
    Aurrynthea_Drake
    ✭✭✭
    About half my houses are missing & I'm unable to travel to them because my map is not showing them - I can go inside but only if I am standing right in front of the property which kind of makes them useless as travel points.

Edit: They are not even listed in the houses available!
    Edited by Aurrynthea_Drake on August 24, 2020 5:12PM
    Magic does not die. It merely sleeps until called forth into the world again.
    PC EU (PvE)(ex PvP)
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Aurrynthea_Drake Did you try porting from the collections menu?
  • Aurrynthea_Drake
    Aurrynthea_Drake
    ✭✭✭
    The missing houses aren't even listed.
    Magic does not die. It merely sleeps until called forth into the world again.
    PC EU (PvE)(ex PvP)
  • mikikatze
    mikikatze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    disabled all addons (I would love a check button that did this instead of unchecking each one!)

There actually is an addon for that, called Circonians Addon Selector.
  • Phate
    Phate
    Soul Shriven
    Can confirm and very annoying. Suggested solution from Gina does not help to get my Bastion back on the map.

But I can still port there through the Collections -> Houses.
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine is missing too. Not an addon issue, disabled all of those, and going there and leaving again doesn't make a lick of difference. Snowmelt suite is still awol.
  • tjakopanb16_ESO
    tjakopanb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Snowmelt suite is missing. I've entered it manually and it didn't appear on the map or in the "collected" and "not collected" houses.

Not an addon issue.
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup all Skyrim houses are missing from the map and porting to them does not re-add them.
  • cnyanes
    cnyanes
    ✭✭✭
    Yup, I'm having the same issue with Snowmelt Suite, icon is missing and it's not listed. It also didn't reappear after going to it on foot. As far as I can tell, it's the only house I'm having problems but I could be wrong.
    PC NA @cnyanes
    Cin'onyx - Khajiit Werewolf Nightblade
    Clothe Senay - Breton Vampire Sorcerer
    Dannelen Deldúwath - Dunmer Dragonknight
    Shuzug gro-Bharg - Orsimer Templar
    Nathsandra Rivervale - Bosmer Warden
    Heals-All-Creatutres (Hest-Leel) - Argonian Templar
    Ancarion Larethion - Altmer Vampire Necromancer
    Jair Ababneh - Redguard Nightblade
    Olfina the White - Nord Werewolf Dragonknight
    Teo Moslin - Imperial Warden
  • cnyanes
    cnyanes
    ✭✭✭
    mikikatze wrote: »
    Mix wrote: »
    disabled all addons (I would love a check button that did this instead of unchecking each one!)

There actually is an addon for that, called Circonians Addon Selector.

And a very useful one at that.
    PC NA @cnyanes
    Cin'onyx - Khajiit Werewolf Nightblade
    Clothe Senay - Breton Vampire Sorcerer
    Dannelen Deldúwath - Dunmer Dragonknight
    Shuzug gro-Bharg - Orsimer Templar
    Nathsandra Rivervale - Bosmer Warden
    Heals-All-Creatutres (Hest-Leel) - Argonian Templar
    Ancarion Larethion - Altmer Vampire Necromancer
    Jair Ababneh - Redguard Nightblade
    Olfina the White - Nord Werewolf Dragonknight
    Teo Moslin - Imperial Warden
  • Rackiera
    Rackiera
    ✭✭✭
    Same issue, bug report sent.

Going to house does not fix the issue.
  • mbeetley_ESO
    mbeetley_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone, we're aware and investigating! In the meantime, if you travel to the house it should clear the issue.

As others have said, that doesn't fix it in all cases. My wife & I have both logged in on multiple characters and the icons just never appear, and the houses aren't in the menu at all (at least not the controller menu). We can visit the houses but it doesn't matter, they never show up on the maps.

I do want to point out a possible issue. I wonder if sometimes problems reported on the PTS don't get fixed in the live client but not the PTS due to when they are reported and/or fixed, because PTS is always 1-2 weeks ahead. So things fixed late might not get fixed on the PTS. Then you go back to the PTS after an update, carry on with that code, and copy the code to the main server in a new update, and old problems recur. That might not be the issue in this (or any) case, but since this was a reported problem for the original Greymoor update that was fixed in the official release, and then recurred on the PTS now, I wonder if it could be the problem. Might be worth investigating.
    Edited by mbeetley_ESO on August 25, 2020 4:34AM
  • MiserynCompany
    MiserynCompany
    ✭✭✭
    My bastion sanguinares home is missing now :(
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Icon is missing please fix. I can travel there via the housing category in collections.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Both my husband and I reported this bug on the PTS. The house icon for my Proudspire home was missing, and it was not even in my house list, though I could walk up to it and enter it.

This bug went live, unfortunately. Interestingly, I don't have Snowmelt Suite on PC (since I didn't have a character who could get it for free and I purchased PS), but that icon is there, in black. I cannot interact with that icon, however.

I do not use add-ons, period, so it's not an add-on issue. Again, this bug was on PTS, and was reported, but it still made it to live.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on August 25, 2020 4:18PM
  • SCPCSedona
    SCPCSedona
    Soul Shriven
    Entering the missing houses (cannot travel to them because they're not on map or list so I can't access them) does not make them appear in either map or list.
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does not resolve the issue.
  • Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proudspire and Snowmelt are not there for me too, but I can travel there via (port to friends house) addon, I added my houses there. Hope this bug will be fixed soon, as Proudspire is a perfect port point to get to the dailies quest givers.
    PC/EU
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No
    it does not, they are still hiding even after a visit!
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • nyarasha
    nyarasha
    Soul Shriven
    I am also missing my Bastion Sanguinaris house - it doesn't show up in the list of available houses, doesn't show up on the map in Blackreach. Visited it by walking there manually and still hasn't shown up again on my map or list after leaving.

This breaks functionality and was reported during the PTS - why did this ship without that noted in the patch notes if it was a known issue?
  • Echoberries
    Echoberries
    ✭✭✭
    This issue is happening to me as well. Snowmelt suite is missing from my map as well as Collected and Not Collected houses. It is completely unavailable for fast travel. If it's relevant, Proudspire is also not showing up under Not Collected.

Thanks!
  • NewbieOKS
    NewbieOKS
    ✭✭✭
    bm7ur5bkt28v.jpg

fxs1cqukkk1g.jpg

It seems the issue only affecting the houses owned in the Greymoor chapter. As pictured above, from 8 houses I currently have in game (the collections tab - Collected), only 7 is shown in the map icon houses tab (Collected)

However I can fast travel to the houses via the Collections tab instead via the map icon houses tab

Edited by NewbieOKS on August 26, 2020 7:45AM
    https://signatur.eso-database.com/17868970/signatur.jpg
    ESO-Database provides statistics for Elder Scrolls Online characters and guilds. This information is collected by the ESO-Database Client and ESO Database AddOn https://www.eso-database.com/en/ Huge thanks to @Keldor for this amazing add-on
  • Mysanne
    Mysanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have the same problem, it's very annoying, especially since the rapid maneuver is no longer accessible for some of my characters.
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone in our guild had the same problem with his Bastion Sanguinaris. I was able to travel there using the /visit command from the Guild Hall Button addon, and then he was able to travel to me to enter. (Good thing he gave the guild entry privileges). After that it appeared in his house list, though the icon was still missing on the map.
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • NeoXanthus
    NeoXanthus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have collected all homes in the game. The new Greymoor homes I have noticed you can see them via the collections menu but you cannot get to any of them in the new sections of Greymoor via the map. You must visit them in person. As many have pointed out one of the big reasons for buying home is the ability to teleport with new characters. I am little shocked this got by QA?

heiggbwcye4m.png
    Edited by NeoXanthus on August 26, 2020 9:06PM