Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Can't purchase crowns and upgrades... again

HerrPulaRau
HerrPulaRau
✭✭✭
So... I have another post on this issue here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6888030. I opened ticket for that and after a couple of days the purchase worked (at least one of them, didn't try to make them all again since my kids left while I waited for a ticket resolution... so... yeah, kind of a bummer there but ok... happens).

So I thought the matter resolved. Now the kids are back home and wanted to purchase some crowns to decorate a house together (as a "reward" for one of my kids). And... same issue again.
As before I tried 2 different credit cards (fun fact is that one of them is the same credit card that was successfully charged for my ESO Plus), 3 PCs, 2 different browsers, same billing address that worked before, nothing worked.

Again I called the bank (one of them... seen no use in calling the other one also) and they said everything looks fine on their end. Tested some other purchases (in steam, gog and some local food delivery) and all went well so I'm pretty sure is not a card issue.

Does this happened to anyone else? Are our accounts flagged somehow (if yes why, we've been playing for years with no issues and pretty sure we've done nothing wrong)? All of us love ESO, and we literally want to give you money for the joy you bring to us (well... usually... now is more like a sour taste).

In any case, I opened a new ticket (200809-007415) but would love to know if this happens to anyone else (is a problem on ESO side), or is just us (bank issue, flagged accounts, country restrictions, etc.), and if it is on our end how to fix it.

Have a great day,
Victor
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @HerrPulaRau

We can confirm that your new ticket 200809-007415 was opened successfully and is in the correct queue. Support will respond when they can regarding the purchase issue. Please be aware that high ticket volume may lead to some delays.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • HerrPulaRau
    HerrPulaRau
    ✭✭✭
    Ty for confirming, @ZOS_BillE. I understand the stress on support and dev teams, I'm both a dev and owner of my own it company, and worked on support for a couple of years in my 20s so I do have quite a good intel on this (from multiple points of view :smile: ).

But with that in mind, and all the respect for all persons involved, it is a purchase issue, directly affecting revenue. If I'm not an isolated case, for the good of the company this should be prioritized. Even if I am an isolated case, I kept 4 paying accounts, with full chapters, houses, banks and merchants, eso+ etc. since beta... I know it is a huge amount of money but I'm pretty sure is above average and I think I'm the kind of customer that deserves at least some minor respect (that should manifest by fixing the issue properly, not like last time, and prioritizing the ticket since is basically an extension of the closed one... it looks like the same issue to me - please correct me if I'm wrong).

In any case... I have limited amount of time to spend with my kids (like 2 days every 2-3 weeks). They will leave again in 1 day. Would love to spend this time playing with them or doing something fun, not writing tickets. And as you noticed, first time it happened I didn't mind. Things like this happen. Bugs happen. I understand that. But fixing something then having same issue in less than a month should not happen... that's sloppy imo.

Side note: The fact that there is a high volume of tickets suggests that either there is a high amount of technical dept that needs to be addressed, either there's been an increase in customers number and the support should scale with it. But I'm pretty sure you know this :wink: . Still... this should never be an excuse for a job half done.

Sorry for posting this on forum... but since nobody answered my ticket I can't really complain anywhere else (if there aren't available people for tickets I'm pretty sure no one reads the feedback tab).
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @HerrPulaRau

Please go ahead and check your ticket 200809-007415 as support has responded back today.
    Staff Post
  • captainshiffer
    captainshiffer
    Soul Shriven
    I have a similar issue and have gotten the standard 'check your firewall/security settings' basically like with a cell phone it's turn it off and turn it on. While this does solve a plethora of issues, I am in the same boat. I purchased the Greymoor Digital Collectors Edition Upgrade on July 25th. The charges for the purchase cleared my bank on the 27th. I had immediate access to the cosmetics, mount, emotes, etc. the next time that I logged in. If I hover over the waypoint tower in N Skyrim with the mouse, it is greyed out and says that I need to upgrade to Greymoor. I don't want to just complain and spew vitriol about ESO, but I feel that I have no outlet. I can't be the only one that has had an issue with this. I have an ESO Plus account that is active, and have recently purchased crowns during the sale. Crown were immediately available. This has got to be an issue with how you filter who has access behind your paywall. I have access to all DLC via the Plus account. Zero problems with cosmetics or crowns. No access to new content. My ticket number is 200727-005531 I don't want to respond to my ticket again and be dropped to the bottom of the queue. Could someone please confirm that this is being looked and and is the hands of the right team to resolve? I last heard from them on Aug 3rd Thank you.
  • HerrPulaRau
    HerrPulaRau
    ✭✭✭
    Works now. Tyvm. Forgot to post, worked for a ~4 days.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thank you for the update. We are now closing the thread since the OP's issue is resolved.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.