The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PVE vs PVP - Development Imbalance.

• bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bmnoble wrote: »
    PVE is a larger source of money, don't think its any more complicated than that.

If they were to release a new PVP DLC and the performance were as bad as it is with the games existing PVP content, you can just imagine the headache that would give their customer support team with people likely to ask for refunds.

That and PVP only works when you have enough players if they are not careful how they spread their PVP player base they might not have enough players in each content type resulting in complaints about a lack of PVP in their PVP zones.

And how much of thay pve content does pvp players have to pay for to get bis gear... Saying pvp playets spent no money on this game is just being ignorant.... Also note all the apex and radiant apex mount in cyrodil.... The costumes and polymorphs etc.... But hey pvp players spend no money on the game right..... And as I stated earlier in the thread a pvp update does not mean a new zone and yes zos can monitize it via a battlepass or something like that...

Then point out this for me what PVP content is there to buy in the game or which purchases you made were purely for the sake of PVP?

Cyrodiil is base game, battlegrounds were made part of the base game(to solve player shortages due to not everyone being willing to by the Chapter or sub to ESO+ when it became a DLC, I mention this with your bringing up a possible battle pass system) and Imperial city has been given away to players for free recently to encourage more people to try it out because they were not buying it. (which annoyed quite a few people who didn't want those DLC dungeons added to their random queue when they are unsubscribed)

I never once said that PVP players don't spend money on the game, I don't consider players PVP/PVE we own the game and spend money on it, its as simple as that, what we each do in the game and focus on after that is up to each of us, that is my opinion at least.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Its easy to forget, but the game was initially very PVP focused, even in PVE.
    Case in point: When the game released you couldnt even visit other alliances zones.

At any rate, ZOS has tried to capitalise on PVP content, both via Imperial City, and via Battlegrounds.

Imperial City was met by massive outrage by people who didnt want to pvp, as the zones was pretty much the only way to obtain the highest level crafting materials at the time.
    After this was rectified, Imperial City has became a hollow shell for the most part, as even a lot of PVP players didnt like the risk portion of the zone(and this remains one of the main reasons barely anyone goes there anymore)

As for BGs, these were part of the Morrowind expansion, but they simply werent popular enough.
    Despite extensive feedback, ZOS has remained adamant about the whole 3 group system, which killed off any promise of competitive gameplay. This plus a whole bucket list of bad decisions had kept Battlegrounds down ever since their inception.
    Eventually BGs were moved to the base game as to allow more people to play them, but even today there remains a pretty wide gap between those that wish to play bgs competitively and those who are just there for fun/daily rewards etc.

Unfortunately, Zos havent realised yet, that you simply cant force casual and more hardcore minded players to play together/aganist each other and expect them to have a good time.

In the end, all their attempts to make money off of PVP content so far has failed, so i dont think they have any reason to try to develop the game in that direction.
    Also, its not like PVP players dont spend money in the crown strore, or pay for ESO+, we do like to play dress as much as any PVE or RP player, and we use the crafting system just as extensively as any endgame PVE-r.

Theres also a line, where a lot of players(including myself) actually preder to participate in both PVE and PVP.

While they may not develop new content for pvp, the latest(even if somewhat ill-advised) attempt at fixing cyrodiil lag, is at least a step(only in the broadest of terms) in the right direction.
  • Thechuckage
    Thechuckage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVE is a larger source of money, don't think its any more complicated than that.

If they were to release a new PVP DLC and the performance were as bad as it is with the games existing PVP content, you can just imagine the headache that would give their customer support team with people likely to ask for refunds.

That and PVP only works when you have enough players if they are not careful how they spread their PVP player base they might not have enough players in each content type resulting in complaints about a lack of PVP in their PVP zones.

And how much of thay pve content does pvp players have to pay for to get bis gear... Saying pvp playets spent no money on this game is just being ignorant.... Also note all the apex and radiant apex mount in cyrodil.... The costumes and polymorphs etc.... But hey pvp players spend no money on the game right..... And as I stated earlier in the thread a pvp update does not mean a new zone and yes zos can monitize it via a battlepass or something like that...

In regards to the money spent - put the strawman down. He never hurt you. Just because one portion of the player base is paying more, doesnt mean the other is paying none.

For gear, maybe I missed those threads, but haven't seen anyone asking for the telvar or AP vendors to be updated with better / different pvp centric gear. That seems the most logical thing to be asking for. Have gear that performs on par with the BiS gear you are running.

Most crucial imo, have PvE and PvP treat the skills differently. Balancing the 2 game modes is clearly not working. So make lavawhip (both morphs) act this way in PvE and act completely different in PvP as an example. This would of course apply to gear as well. Allow each mode to be more fully fleshed out and maybe...just maybe, put some class flavor back into the mix.
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven’t been playing this game as long as some of you, only started playing ESO in March of this year. I’m 95% PvE and maybe 5% PvP at the most. I would PvP more however I am turned off by the gigantic size of Cyrodiil. Every time I’ve gone it feels like a giant mostly empty zone. There are battles to be had here and there but nothing about it appeals to me. That flavour of PvP isn’t my jam.

I do BGs from time to time. I like this format, when it works. 2v4v4 is not cool, but sometimes I get an instant queue into a decent match. Having tried my 3 toons in BGs there is only 1 I bring on the regular because the other two either don’t hit hard enough or are too squishy to survive. One of those is a trial DPS, worst thing to ever bring to PvP. The other is a solo magplar, built to survive but no execute so any fights beyond 1v1 I’m dead but I can face tank almost any boss in PvE and never die.

That leaves my Stamwarden. He performs reasonably well in both. No superstar just an all around toon that with a simple gear swap and slotting of different skills can be adapted to PvP. So with BGs it’s a quick change, generally fast queue, hit a couple battles in a small self contained space. You win some, you lose some and you move on. When I’m done I swap my skills back and go to maelstrom arena or solo a dungeon. Or if there is a trail that needs a DPS I use a 3rd configuration and fill a spot.

Have yet to do imp city. Heard it’s dead but full of gankers. Not sure I want to deal with that crap. Hated it when I played other FPS games in the past, which is why I stopped playing those kind of games. Anyway I find BGs to be the better PvP option but it’s not something I would play all day especially when I’ve got about 2000 PvE things to finish and 1000 more hours of farming to get my trial equipment!
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, if the AOE spam turns out to be the silver bullet to fix performance, PVP might be getting a full class rework that no one wanted. :lol:
    Yes forgot about that, not only will stuff like public dungeons become an snore feast, trash pulls will be much slower, this is cases there you hardly uses single target skills outside of mini bosses if present.

As you say it will totally reset the class balance, so they have to redo lots of the class skills.
    This will be true even if this unlike all previous policy is Cyrodil / PvP only.
    It will in fact make this issues worse overall if Cyrodil only.

I say its some of the most idiotic ideas I read on this forum, making stuff like flying mounts and playable demora sound like good ideas.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭
    just pronouncing pve makes me sleep XD
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    coletas wrote: »
    just pronouncing pve makes me sleep XD
    Are you my PVP guild GM? He literally falls asleep when doing PVE content, even when it’s, say, in the IC sewers. :D
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many toxic PvE'rs around these forums. And they have the audacity to call PvP players toxic.

This thread is an embarrassment by any kind of standard. Players literally coming out and describing how a part of the game should just be deleted. Using the gametype as a scapegoat to all their fears, is, lets say, worrying, with regards your grip on reality. "PvP causes imbalance" yet the game is more balanced now than ever before in both PvE and PvP.

It's worrying in the fact, that for people that apparently don't care for it, they spend a lot of time discussing it. It's clearly born out of an actual and immature fear of being shown to be less skilled at a silly video game. Pathetic.
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review we have had to edit or remove several posts in this thread for Baiting and Non-Constructive Back and Forth. Please ensure when engaging in a discussion that you remain civil, constructive, and within the rules, even if you disagree with another user. Baiting and fighting will cause the thread to derail, if you think a user has posted something that is against our Community Rules or Code of Conduct please do not engage them and instead report the post for the moderators to review.

You are welcome to review the Community Rules here. And the Code of Conduct here.
    Staff Post
  • Snowgoons
    Snowgoons
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings all,

After review we have had to edit or remove several posts in this thread for Baiting and Non-Constructive Back and Forth. Please ensure when engaging in a discussion that you remain civil, constructive, and within the rules, even if you disagree with another user. Baiting and fighting will cause the thread to derail, if you think a user has posted something that is against our Community Rules or Code of Conduct please do not engage them and instead report the post for the moderators to review.

You are welcome to review the Community Rules here. And the Code of Conduct here.

As long as you and ZOS know the facts are true connnor, for some reason you all hate us PvPers as shown in your actions.
    Edited by Snowgoons on August 8, 2020 6:19PM
    Rollin' round Tamriel on that skooma wasted like a failed Grand Theft Auto mission.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So basically PvE PvP'd PvP to death?!? :smiley:

Honestly, as a PvE'er I wouldn't mind more PvP content. But only after they fix Cyrodiil. As once they can fix Cyrodiil, anything is possible. Major town sieges, major PvP battles(50vs50vs50), guild vs guild keep conquests, etc. Maybe even opt-in world PvP where factions can claim zones or towns for xx hours, for a small amount of extra drops during that time.

Edit: And as long as they keep PvE and PvP apart. Mixing the two, like IC did, does not work.
    Edited by Sarannah on August 8, 2020 6:24PM
  • Snowgoons
    Snowgoons
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    So basically PvE PvP'd PvP to death?!? :smiley:

Honestly, as a PvE'er I wouldn't mind more PvP content. But only after they fix Cyrodiil. As once they can fix Cyrodiil, anything is possible. Major town sieges, major PvP battles(50vs50vs50), guild vs guild keep conquests, etc. Maybe even opt-in world PvP where factions can claim zones or towns for xx hours, for a small amount of extra drops during that time.

Edit: And as long as they keep PvE and PvP apart. Mixing the two, like IC did, does not work.

Thanks for being fair.
    Rollin' round Tamriel on that skooma wasted like a failed Grand Theft Auto mission.
  • SshadowSscale
    SshadowSscale
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In regards to the money spent - put the strawman down. He never hurt you. Just because one portion of the player base is paying more, doesnt mean the other is paying none.

For gear, maybe I missed those threads, but haven't seen anyone asking for the telvar or AP vendors to be updated with better / different pvp centric gear. That seems the most logical thing to be asking for. Have gear that performs on par with the BiS gear you are running.

Most crucial imo, have PvE and PvP treat the skills differently. Balancing the 2 game modes is clearly not working. So make lavawhip (both morphs) act this way in PvE and act completely different in PvP as an example. This would of course apply to gear as well. Allow each mode to be more fully fleshed out and maybe...just maybe, put some class flavor back into the mix.

Funny how quickly you decide to make me a villian because I pointed out that pve players actually has to pay for stuff too.... I was not attacking him I was just making a point because many believe that pvp players
    JTD wrote: »
    I guess the money doesn't come from pvp players.
    Just as another example.... I am not trying to attack anyone just trying to make a valid point so please don't assume I am attacking anyone

• Snowgoons
    Snowgoons
    ✭✭✭✭

Funny how quickly you decide to make me a villian because I pointed out that pve players actually has to pay for stuff too.... I was not attacking him I was just making a point because many believe that pvp players
    JTD wrote: »
    I guess the money doesn't come from pvp players.
    Just as another example.... I am not trying to attack anyone just trying to make a valid point so please don't assume I am attacking anyone

I dunno what you guys are getting upset fighting each other over lol but:

Regardless, ZOS shouldn't be treating people differently based on money.

That IS what seems to be going on.

Wherever money is present the game SHINES.

Have you ever seen lag affect a crown purchase? Have crown crates ever not fired off?

The greed that is present in this game, makes people play because they enjoy it, but with a sour taste in their mouth.

I'm not sure why people are treating others like this, and just because other corporations have or do, doesn't mean ZOS should as well.

You put out a game and it's "play for free" and then put so much content behind pay walls, to the point where if you buy the entire game collector's edition, you're still missing individual collector's items from each pack, and then the dungeon DLC is completely on top, like wtf is going on?

How much more money is it going to take for pvp to get a look at?

Should I mortgage my house?

ZOS Total equity‎: ‎US$2.5 billion (2016) <-- Four years ago. it's probably doubled off of crown crates, can we get some money put into PVP development?
    Edited by Snowgoons on August 9, 2020 11:22PM