The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Eso disappearing from steam

scelesticscylla
In public eso discord I am a part of multiple players are reporting that their eso is completely missing from their steam library and directing them to re purchase the game. Since I don't see a thread posted about this yet, I'm posting it here. Hopefully it gets fixed soon! >_<
@CAS1NOVA
Main heals /tank

GUILDS
Divine Crusade
Real Guild Best Guild
The Kind Kwamas
Hard Dungeoneers
The Four Musketeers
  • johnjetau
    johnjetau
    ✭✭✭
    0et2um150zgo.png

Bethesda support is looking into it. Seems to be effecting not only ESO, but all there games.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope the issue is resolved quickly for those affected.

However, it goes to show it is a bad idea to buy ESO via Steam as it puts more issues between the player and the game. I think one can link their game to Steam without actually committing to Steam/still log in without Steam and that would be a much better option.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will say that I don't have to log in via steam for the version of the game I bought on steam.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    I will say that I don't have to log in via steam for the version of the game I bought on steam.

There was a time that those who purchased the game via Steam could log indirectly. That changed at some point for those that purchased ESO via Steam after the change.
  • Wavek
    Wavek
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    newtinmpls wrote: »

There was a time that those who purchased the game via Steam could log indirectly. That changed at some point for those that purchased ESO via Steam after the change.

Anyone who could do it before still can. It seems to be steam eso accounts from before Jan 2017. Also, anyone who bought a 'base game' or bundle that includes the base game on the official site also can login without steam.

They really should just enable it for everyone. When steam goes down or has issues like the one this week those people cant play even though ESO is up and working fine.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    The entitlement issues for Steam users across Bethesda titles has been resolved. We will now be closing this thread from further discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.