Western Skyrim Wayshrines suddenly become "undiscovered"

Bekkael
Bekkael
✭✭✭✭✭
I completed the entire Western Skyrim/Blackreach map 2 days after the chapter released. I log into the game everyday, but today, I noticed when I went to Western Skyrim, it showed my completed character as now missing 2 wayshrines there: Northern Watch and Giant's Coast. Weird, but okay....I go back and rediscover those wayshrines, only my map completion still says I have 17/19 discovered, and it doesn't update with a the pop-up every time you discover any wayshrine in the game. I have ridden away and come back, traveled by wayshrine between those two, over and over, but it doesn't fix it. I relogged too, and even tried on a different character, and despite her never having been to Western Skyrim, she couldn't discover those wayshines either.

So, definitely bugged.
~~ Lady Gamer ~~ ♥ ~~ Xbox NA ~~
  • Bekkael
    Bekkael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, forgot to say I'm Xbox NA.
    ~~ Lady Gamer ~~ ♥ ~~ Xbox NA ~~
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those wayshrines were added in a patch as an afterthought - that's why you had them undiscovered. They should still be discoverable, though, so what you are describing is definitely a bug.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try traveling from them to somewhere else or to them. Some wayshrines need that to become discovered.
    Edited by Nestor on July 28, 2020 6:49PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Ecileh71
    Ecileh71
    ✭✭✭
    This is happening to me on XB EU as well. Have tried traveling to and from them. They show as discovered on my map, but not completed in the zone map.
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same issue for me on Xbox NA. Frustrating when you're OCD and want to have the zone 100% completed yet it tells you that you still need to discover 2 wayshrines.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Two were added, on the northern coast AFAIK.
    Edited by Asardes on August 20, 2020 9:15AM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here just completed most of the zone and I seeing 17/19 Wayshrines discovered but I've already discovered all of them.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thinking back.... I do remember something different about a few wayshrines in Western Skyrim, specifically when I got close to them I didn't get the popup for discovering the location. Rather, I had to travel from it in order for it to not be greyed out anymore. I didn't think anything of it at the time, but it's obviously related to this. Hopefully they come out with a fix next patch.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the info, everyone. Just confirming we've seen this thread and are looking into this.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Maiyu93
    Maiyu93
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, they never appear white on your map even after using them. Very annoying. Xbox Na here too
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Can you also free all the animals, it appears the last fix didn't work... must be a magical Wayshrine this one!

f064wcfvxd3a.png
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • ACamaroGuy
    ACamaroGuy
    ✭✭✭
    Western Skyrim, I found both of the new wayshrines but I didn't get any XP or anything saying that they were discovered. They both appear white on my map and I can travel to them. Now on my compass bar, they appear black. When I check the zone map, I get 17/19 wayshrines found. I checked the right side and it states that I am missing Giant's Coast and Northern Watch wayshrines.
    For the Empire
  • GretchenRPH
    GretchenRPH
    ✭✭
    this is still sometimes happening, I'm on PC NA, I'm in Western Skyrim, Frozen Coast wayshrine, standing at it, using it, it shows as discovered on the map, but the zone summary still says 18/19 wayshrines. And I mean, it's sort of cosmetic in that the wayshrine IS unlocked, but still... (to clarify, mousing over the map key on the side where it has the progress bar next to the wayshrine icon, it pops up the list of them, and it shows Frozen Coast as greyed out.)
    Edited by GretchenRPH on August 27, 2023 2:45AM