The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

AOE Test

West93
West93
✭✭✭✭✭
During AOE test please consider leaving some campaigns untouched so players could actually play their class there.

Maybe leave blackreach out? Or rotate, 1 week grayhost, 2 week ravenwatch etc so we have option to play in at least 1 campaign and actually be able to use our class spammable.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they are testing on live all campaigns should be involved. Zos needs all the information they can get.
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    If they are testing on live all campaigns should be involved. Zos needs all the information they can get.

Plus, if there was one unaffected campaign, then everyone would just go to that campaign, leaving the campaigns being used for testing essentially empty wastelands. As much as the tests will hurt certain builds, they need to be run as effectively as possible if ZOS is going to be able to get complete and accurate data.
  • Unified_Gaming
    Unified_Gaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    ealdwin wrote: »

Plus, if there was one unaffected campaign, then everyone would just go to that campaign, leaving the campaigns being used for testing essentially empty wastelands. As much as the tests will hurt certain builds, they need to be run as effectively as possible if ZOS is going to be able to get complete and accurate data.

But if you play a class that is heavily impacted like templar, magicka warden or even magicka sorcerer then why would you want to pvp with a huge disadvantage when you know other classes like nightblade and most stam classes won't have these limitations? You will end up becoming free ap and the bonus ap will end up not helping you but being a penalty should you use aoe skills - as such people would be encouaged to rather just play bgs, ic or not use aoe skills and gimp themselves. Imagine a templar not using their spamable jabs because they can't cast it in a row or a warden being unable to hill itself with living trellis or arctic blast.

As such, performance will get better simply because fewer people will play. What worries me is they've stated that if these tests improve performance then they will reevaluate and will make sure aoes don't form the core of pvp - so one of these changes would become the norm.

I've made a video to go through this further which may help you.

https://youtu.be/jXuek_EKlfw

Thanks for reading :)
    Unified Gaming - creating a shared and Unified Gaming community.

For some of the best and most up to date PVP builds around or useful tips and tricks from an experienced player for PvP and PvE, then check out my channel and consider subscribing if you want to see regular ESO content.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCorbta-fAHKJcxJ6ExbtPwg/
  • West93
    West93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ealdwin wrote: »

Nope, you gain double AP in test campaign, it will be attractive to majoriry who are there to farm AP.

This is not fair, cyrodiil is my prime reason I play eso and paid for it, leaving at least 1 campaign is fair or rework certain skills before test.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It is necessary... They are only tests, to gather data to form a solution. They are not the solution.

Perhaps ZOS should offer better incentives to participate, but I would encourage everyone to do join in.

A low population will only confuse results.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really want Zos to publish the percentages of classes played after the tests. For sure not gonna play my magplar main char during the tests, if I want a 3 second cd on everything I will play FF14 instead.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Part of the point of the tests is that, should you find your class to be so disadvantaged as to be literally unplayable, you tell ZOS that with as much evidence/examples as possible.

I mean, what are you gonna do if you skip the tests and ZOS nerfs your class to Oblivion and you don't have an extra campaign to hide out in anymore? If you hate the changes, this is the best, possibly only, chance to give feedback.
    Edited by VaranisArano on July 28, 2020 2:26PM
  • ZOS_FalcoYamaoka
    Greetings,

We have closed this thread as its a duplicate of another current thread of the same topic. Please refer to: https://beth.games/305hgu4
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.