The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Launcher process won't always terminate when closed

velipuolikuu
velipuolikuu
✭✭
As the title says, sometimes when I hit the [X] in the upper right corner of the launcher, the window is closed, but the process does not terminate - I have to go kill it manually from the Task Manager.

Not a huge deal but pls fix.
  • velipuolikuu
    velipuolikuu
    ✭✭
    As an additional piece of information: this change is fairly recent, I haven't seen this happening before Greymoor.
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been around for a long time. As a matter of course, I close the process manually after closing the launcher and have been doing that for years. Other family members do not do this, and at the end of the day, I've sometimes come back to find as many as five eso launcher processes running at the same time. I tend to think they really are running rather than simply being mis-reported as active, because performance improves when I shut them down.

That said, it is a bug, and it's always helpful to remind ZOS it still is alive and well.
  • velipuolikuu
    velipuolikuu
    ✭✭
    This has been around for a long time. As a matter of course, I close the process manually after closing the launcher and have been doing that for years.

Really? Curious, I just started coming across it after installing Greymoor. Anyway, yeah, would be nice to have it fixed.

• kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been around for a long time. As a matter of course, I close the process manually after closing the launcher and have been doing that for years.

Really? Curious, I just started coming across it after installing Greymoor. Anyway, yeah, would be nice to have it fixed.

Been happening for a while now, yes.. on and off for me. Rip.. :disappointed:
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I always just open the game, alt tab, close launcher then open the little menu beside the clock on the bar and hover over the eso launcher icon, it then disappears and kills the process.

A bit quicker than using task manager.

What is more infuriating is the black screen of death when closing the game and having to force windows to shut down, as you can't alt tab to task manager.
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had the same problem for many months. I close the launcher when done with it. 60% of the time it closes fine but the rest of the time I have to close it via task manager.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As there are multiple threads about this issue we are closing this one. You can find troubleshooting and continue discussion in the thread below.

Logout = Quit?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.