Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Earthtear Caverns 700/700 - Botanic Gardens house project

bluebird
bluebird
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Hi everyone! I thought I'd share a new house project I've been working on.
The house is a Botanic Garden, an assortment of flora and fauna from all across Tamriel :smile:

The idea started out as a Zoo/Wildlife Park, but since we can only have 10 animals special collectibles, that plan was quickly scrapped, and I chose to focus on plants instead. The project is nothing special (no elaborate custom builds, no amazing furnishing hacks), but I hope you'll still like it. I quickly ran into the 700 slot limit, since I had to spend so many slots on faking the planters and the soil, so the final result is a lot smaller than what I had originally planned, and it still has some very sparsely furnished empty-looking areas.

Anyway, thanks for watching, everyone! And a very special thank you to Karesama who gave me a generous discount on bulk-buying those benches and lamps! :grin:
https://youtu.be/zMqSEGocS28
For people who prefer images rather than videos:
bdz6qi1o05vt.png
2i5vgcoohovx.png
mp668apt7xia.png

The Black Marsh exhibit. Chosen wildlife: Swamp Jelly
zmjv2x17a7ba.png

The Valenwood exhibit. Chosen wildlife: Ancestor Moth
ttfh549w88pw.png

The Cyrodiil exhibit. Chosen wildlife: Nixad
p8pbowr0mqa8.png

The Morrowind exhibit. Chosen wildlife: Nix-Hound
69avwsidr7py.png

The Skyrim exhibit. Chosen wildlife: Deer
cvbf9zlucass.png

The Elsweyr exhibit. Chosen wildlife: Jerboa.
38tp7e3svknb.png

The Wrothgar exhibit. Chosen wildlife: Mammoth
m7dc2aj2b7bl.png

The Hammerfell exhibit. Chosen wildlife: Sep Adder
i5mvcnjnjyif.png

The High Rock exhibit. Chosen wildlife: Butterflies (ran out of Pet slots)
n9l89hdo3ax0.png

The Summerset Isles exhibit. Chosen wildlife: Butterflies (ran out of Pet slots)
u3z0ipkdyzuh.png

More pictures behind the Spoiler tag to reduce post length
dc0nks986rlm.png
yh88ogcpxziy.png
9v6e6rlarfz8.png
y1japst0tzxc.png
6jy4vujfhcnz.png
l1zzxle6dhfx.png
Do you have any feedback? Anything I could have done better maybe? Or an area you particularly liked?
Thanks for watching! :blush: And have a nice weekend!
3m4t8ped0jhg.png
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great original idea!

I love my Earthtear but seeing it on PC is breathtaking! So jealous ;)
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• carly
    carly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beautifully done!
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Splendid. Simply splendid.
    (and thx for the pictures as an alternative to the video. Truth is, the pictures do your work far more justice than the video - too dark as usual).

• ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    This is amazing! Thanks so much for sharing. :)
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful gardens!
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

GIVE THIS PERSON MORE FURNISHING SLOTS IN THIS HOUSE.

Pretty please.
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is amazing i love the sections of plant life dedicated to zones, is it open for viewing?
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lovely and serene space you’ve created @bluebird .
    I really admire the work you put into incorporating the immense flora and fauna as well as organizing them into their own areas.

I’ve always loved the calm beauty of ETC, and you have taken it to that next level of tranquility.

alla tua salute! 🥂

• bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you all for your comments! :blush: And thanks for taking the time to check out my post!
    Katheriah wrote: »
    GIVE THIS PERSON MORE FURNISHING SLOTS IN THIS HOUSE.Pretty please.
    Lol, definitely! I think most of us would love more slots in our homes. Initially, the gardens were suppsosed to wrap around the whole Cavern and have several levels of platforms (think 'Hanging Gardens of Babylon') but I ran out of slots very quickly.
    27g49bdvqy80.png
    I have 445 Conservatory furnishings (one of every flower and plant you can get ingame, plus many shrubs and trees too) and many slots had to be spent on faking the planters. I ended up using the underside of different rocks for many of the 'planted mound of dirt' like Pebble, Smooth Desert. If we had proper planters and soil furniture, it would have been so much better. *bats eyelashes at ZOS* Pls can we have proper planters? :lol:
    pebble_smooth_desert.jpg
    kaisernick wrote: »
    This is amazing i love the sections of plant life dedicated to zones, is it open for viewing?
    Never tried to share houses before, and I don't use EHT, so without listing it on an open house I don't think there is a way to allow people to visit it while I'm offline right? But if you're on PC EU, you can travel to me if we group up, that should work the same way guildies and friends list members can visit, I think. Regardless, thanks for the comment! :smile:
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Katheriah wrote: »

GIVE THIS PERSON MORE FURNISHING SLOTS IN THIS HOUSE.

Pretty please.

Yes!!
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Nebs
    Nebs
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is really incredible! Amazing and clever designs throughout. Very well done, and thank you for sharing! :smile:
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to think I was ok at furnishing houses. The forums not only proved me wrong but utterly demoralized me :'(

cool house btw
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the kind words, everyone! :blush: And thanks for checking out my home and taking the time to comment!
    I used to think I was ok at furnishing houses. The forums not only proved me wrong but utterly demoralized me :'( cool house btw
    Aaaw :heart: Everyone's house is valid; every decoration design is valid!
    Don't let the Forums intimidate you and make you think less of your creations!

I consider myself an (albeit enthusiastic) amateur at housing only - I'll never build complex and creative inventions from scratch like many housing pros do, but never let that stop you from enjoying your homes and from having fun with ESO homes! No home is too simple, no home is too boring, if it was built with love and you have fun with it! :smile:
  • Marunaiad
    Marunaiad
    Soul Shriven
    This is just beautiful! My favourite thing to build in ESO is gardens, so I loved this build. Thanks for sharing :)
    Housing Nerd - PC/NA -- Cyrodilic Jungle House - Black Vine Villa - Kragenhome