The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Hitting logout literally closes the game

erio
erio
✭✭✭✭✭
Clock counts down, the game closes, no "not responding" or anything, it just closes. i uninstalled addons and it still happens
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @erio

Another player was having a similar issue when closing out of ESO. We've posted troubleshooting in the thread linked below that may help in your situation.

Quitting the game brings up a 'ESO has stopped working' window
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But my issue doesnt bring up a window...
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @erio

Even though no window is coming up, the game is still crashing after you hit the logout button.

Have you tried the various crash troubleshooting steps posted in the thread?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • PuddingZebra
    PuddingZebra
    ✭✭✭
    Oh! that explains why i was sure i clicked "logout" yesterday and yet the game still closed without any error or crash prompt. i thought i maybe clicked quit instead... but after rewatching shadowplay i clicked "logout" as well.

You see, I am a Pink Flying Pudding Zebra.
  • puertoniko
    puertoniko
    ✭✭
    yep. same for me. it has been happening for a couple of days now. tried troubleshooting like mentioned above. didn´t help. :(
  • paulohdk
    paulohdk
    Soul Shriven
    I started to have the same problem a few weeks ago. But I think I found the culprit. If you have Razer Synapse, try disabling support for ESO in the Chroma Apps tab. You may need to install the Chroma Connect module first.