Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ant races after clicking log in

Kwik1
Kwik1
✭✭✭✭
If anyone remembers years ago when a channel went off the air the screen would go white with tons of little fuzzy black ant like markings all over the screen moving around.

After this last patch when I go to log in, about 20% of the time I click log in it almost immediately goes to a white screen with tons of black dots moving everywhere like when the old channels went off the air, but with a few colored dots intermixed.

My computer totally locks up and I need to manually turn it on and off to get it to work again.

It isn't addons because they haven't loaded yet and no other game does it I play so I don't see it being the video card. Any guesses? Or is this happening to anyone else?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Kwik1

A crash that locks up your entire PC could indicate a more serious issue beyond the game installation. You may want to check the temperatures of the graphic card and CPU while playing ESO to make sure nothing is overheating.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Kwik1
    Kwik1
    ✭✭✭✭
    My CPU never hits dangerous temps...and when I say a crash remember it is still showing the little black dots moving all my screen so the computer is still active, but I can't do anything.

And I can play much more graphics intensive games like CoD without any issues.

The ONLY time this crash happens is while playing ESO and right after I click log in the first time before I pick characters so there is no push on my GPU
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Kwik1

Have you gone through the basic crash troubleshooting found here?.

If not, the link above is the place to start to try and get this issue resolved. Along with the steps in the FAQ, you may need to fully reinstall ESO on your PC.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post