Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Campaigns for Midyear Mayhem

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Hi everyone, we're in the process of opening several new campaigns on all platforms and megaservers in both Cyrodiil and Imperial City for Midyear Mayhem that began today at 10am EDT. The new campaigns are as follows:
  • Cyrodiil
    • Boethiah, 7 day standard
    • Malacath, 7 day standard
    • Sheogorath, 7 day no-CP
  • Imperial City
    • White-Gold, no-CP
    • Red Diamond, CP
We'll plan to close these campaigns shortly after Midyear Mayhem concludes.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Iarao
    Iarao
    ✭✭✭✭
    and you didnt think to do this BEFORE the event started??? omg.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iarao wrote: »

Why would you spin up additional resources if there isn't a population to use them? servers should just be added as needed.

I wish that we could easily queue between servers though without having to leave and then rejoin
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Why would you spin up additional resources if there isn't a population to use them? servers should just be added as needed.

I wish that we could easily queue between servers though without having to leave and then rejoin

I'm sorry but what ? You have people who just want to finish off the Indrik which you can only do in this event and Zos got caught off-guard ? Maybe they thought people on PC-EU just would not bother this year ?
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • LoreToo
    LoreToo
    ✭✭✭
    Hurbster wrote: »

I'm sorry but what ? You have people who just want to finish off the Indrik which you can only do in this event and Zos got caught off-guard ? Maybe they thought people on PC-EU just would not bother this year ?

This event is all about mount(omegalul), yes
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone, we're in the process of opening several new campaigns on all platforms and megaservers in both Cyrodiil and Imperial City for Midyear Mayhem that began today at 10am EDT. The new campaigns are as follows:
    • Cyrodiil
      • Boethiah, 7 day standard
      • Malacath, 7 day standard
      • Sheogorath, 7 day no-CP
    • Imperial City
      • White-Gold, no-CP
      • Red Diamond, CP
    We'll plan to close these campaigns shortly after Midyear Mayhem concludes.

I'm hoping "concludes" means "begins"...
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Better question is why they did not have them ready at 10am ET. I am sure they thought of it before the event started.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    to be honest i thought it would be cancelled again this year
  • Aurrynthea_Drake
    Aurrynthea_Drake
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not seeing the new campaigns...and my position in the queue is 355
    Magic does not die. It merely sleeps until called forth into the world again.
    PC EU (PvE)(ex PvP)
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The first few days of Midyear are ALWAYS crazy, this wasn't the smoothest move to not include additional campaigns. I was hoping to squeeze in some Midyear before work but ZERO chance of that now so I won't get to try again until tomorrow. I already missed a day because ZOS forgot how insane Midyear gets the first 2-3 days.
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭

It's not even prime-time and all campaigns are full - on both NA & EU servers.

For those in the know, : "I don't believe it!"; as Victor Meldrew would say. Zeni seems to be putting "one foot in the grave" here. :(

PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
  • Nyvaine
    Nyvaine
    Seriously...was doing daily quests and had to go into a delve in cyrodiil...now i cant get out because im in queue for the campaign i was already in? :D

Me and another dude are stuck there now and cant get out
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

Better question is why they did not have them ready at 10am ET. I am sure they thought of it before the event started.

Yeah. You know, like every other time they ran Midyear Mayhem.
    This had better not be a scheme to make people panic and go to the cash shop because they can't even enter a campaign to do quests for tickets.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on June 25, 2020 3:43PM
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha, I pressed L at 10:00 EDT and was already No. 96 in the shortest queue. Had to wait for an hour until I was let in. Now shortly before I left I 'L'ed again (just out of professional curiosity), and lo and behold, I saw all those empty campaigns pop up.
    'Thumbs up', I thought... until I noticed that all of them (minus two) were poplocked within minutes (and of those two, one was partially poplocked).

It might be rather difficult to find an open slot during prime time if the event population doesn't magically decrease. Personally, I rarely play during prime time due to reasons (the only exception being the first day of a new event) so I assume I'm safe, but what about the poor souls who absolutely have to play during the busiest hours? I think I know what Zeni had in mind when announcing MM shortly after the Stadia premiere, but I also believe that some *more* event-only campaings might be in order.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • Darkheart
    Darkheart
    ✭✭✭
    Its all full already, Need more campaigns :smiley:
    Returning Home to Daggerfall.
  • Djiku
    Djiku
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please open up more no CP Campaigns in Cyrodiil. CP Already had the 2 established campaigns and now they get 2 more. No CP now only has the established one (which has a ridiculous queue) plus 1 you opened, and that is also already full!
  • Hamish999
    Hamish999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    This is the state of PC EU as of 17:15 BST today. Think we kinda need some more temporary servers lol

snY1VOL.jpg
    PC-EU
    Do'Zahra - Khajiit - StamDK - AD
    Narese Telvanni - Dunmer - Petsorc - EP
    Anastasie Chastain - Breton - Magplar - DC
    Gashnakh the Lusty - Orc - Stamsorc - AD
    Stands-In-Stoopid - Argonian - Warden Tank - AD
    Talia al-Morwha - Redguard - Stamden - AD
    Makes-Fier-Wrong - Argonian - Stamblade - AD
    Busty-Argonian-Maid - Argonian - Templar Healer - AD
    Alaru Telvanni - Dunmer - Stamplar - AD
    Ko'Raehsi - Khajiit - Magsorc - AD
    Torhild Rock-Chucker - Nord - StamDK - AD
    Drusilla Larouche - Breton - MagDK - AD
    Ko'Khanni - Khajiit - Magden - AD
    Ilithyia Ectorius - Imperial - DK Tank -AD

Keyboard and mouse FTW!
  • JackAshes
    JackAshes
    ✭✭✭
    Houston we have a problem!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hamish999 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    This is the state of PC EU as of 17:15 BST today. Think we kinda need some more temporary servers lol

snY1VOL.jpg

It's all good. Stand down! Still a couple spots left for some DC people in a couple of them. :smile:
  • Lotus781
    Lotus781
    ✭✭✭✭
    Either way the whole event is just a ballache bring on the next event already.
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got to be kidding :D
  • SmukkeHeks
    SmukkeHeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can choose to be number 564 in my home campaign or 273 in the other no-cp.

Is the new campaign still with the new population cap? Because then it makes sense?
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, this year is unlike other times this event has been run. Since a huge portion of the player base is stuck at home all day long right now, the participation throughout all hours is going to be much higher than it ever was before for this event.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    To be fair, this year is unlike other times this event has been run. Since a huge portion of the player base is stuck at home all day long right now, the participation throughout all hours is going to be much higher than it ever was before for this event.

I expect that today is probably the worst day, as everyone is in there right now. Once things start to spread out, it will be easier to get into the campaigns. They could create 7-day Campaigns that will not be needed later and then simply delete them after 7 days, I suppose.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    To account for the already-full campaigns that we opened earlier, we're in the process of opening a few more campaigns for PC NA and EU only:
    • Cyrodiil
      • Morihaus, 7 day non-CP
      • Savirien-Chorak, 7 day standard
      • Shor, 7 day standard
    • Imperial City
      • Ruby Throne, CP
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • butterrum222
    butterrum222
    ✭✭✭
    Why do you all think the campaign population cap is? I’m curious to know how many people are playing this game
  • Jarrods32
    Jarrods32
    ✭✭✭
    Do I still get 50 transmuted for tier one or still need to do 30 day campaign
  • NoodleESO
    NoodleESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More MORE YES PVP PPPVVVVPPPPPPP
  • NoodleESO
    NoodleESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To account for the already-full campaigns that we opened earlier, we're in the process of opening a few more campaigns for PC NA and EU only:
    • Cyrodiil
      • Morihaus, 7 day non-CP
      • Shor, 7 day standard
    • Imperial City
      • Ruby Throne, CP

If you guys need to open more can the next one be named Elder Nu-del?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jarrods32 wrote: »
    Do I still get 50 transmuted for tier one or still need to do 30 day campaign

7 day campaigns traditionally awarded 10 transmute stones at the end of the campaign.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Cyrodiil
      • Morihaus, 7 day non-CP
      • Shor, 7 day standard
    • Imperial City
      • Ruby Throne, CP
    NoodleESO wrote: »
    More MORE YES PVP PPPVVVVPPPPPPP
    let it Grow
    MORE!

tenor.gif?itemid=12447951
    Edited by Gilvoth on June 25, 2020 8:58PM