The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

overall FPS loss + Stutter after XP since greymoor

namelessfrog
namelessfrog
Soul Shriven
as the titel says i suffer from significant fps drop and additional stutter after recieving xp.

i made a clean fresh Windows 10 installation and downloaded whole game again and still the issue persists. Windows and GPU-Driver are up to date. i tried all suggestions made by zenimax for this topic. i play this game sicne 5 years on this system and never had an issue before.

somewhere i read a statement by zos that this is connected to not maxleveled skills on your skillbars. i tested it with no skills on the bars at all and the issue pesisted.

and before someone tells me to open a ticket, i already did so, but with not outcome of course.

i would like to have a statement of zos about this problem, thank you
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As posted here, there is a known issue related to skills that are earning XP, and will be fixed in an incremental patch. Some players have reduced the issue by removing skills from their skill bar that are not maxed out.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • risiblewilbury
    somewhere i read a statement by zos that this is connected to not maxleveled skills on your skillbars. i tested it with no skills on the bars at all and the issue pesisted.
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    As posted here, there is a known issue related to skills that are earning XP, and will be fixed in an incremental patch. Some players have reduced the issue by removing skills from their skill bar that are not maxed out.

Something here doesn't add up :D
  • Ocerlot
    Ocerlot
    Soul Shriven
    as the titel says i suffer from significant fps drop and additional stutter after recieving xp.
    I had the same problem but I fixed it with rolling back from the new NVIDIA driver 446.14 to version 399.01. I even had an extra stutter when I would kill anything and it would stutter really bad.

If you have an NVIDIA graphics card the new NVIDIA driver update has messed up ESO for some Nvidia GPU's. There is a reason some people experienced problems with Greymoor with stutter and fps problems as they are all because of the new graphics Nvidia driver update that happened on 27th May. I can't go into specific settings as to what settings they changed in the update, but it could of been SLI setting tweaks.

Try Rolling back Graphics driver version using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and see it magically fixed like I did.

• namelessfrog
    namelessfrog
    Soul Shriven
    thank you for your answer!

i tried everything you suggested, but unfortunatly it did'nt change anything for me
  • Xarraca
    Xarraca
    I'm not so sure it's just slotted skill XP
    Ocerlot wrote: »
    I had the same problem but I fixed it with rolling back from the new NVIDIA driver 446.14 to version 399.01. I even had an extra stutter when I would kill anything and it would stutter really bad.

If you have an NVIDIA graphics card the new NVIDIA driver update has messed up ESO for some Nvidia GPU's. There is a reason some people experienced problems with Greymoor with stutter and fps problems as they are all because of the new graphics Nvidia driver update that happened on 27th May. I can't go into specific settings as to what settings they changed in the update, but it could of been SLI setting tweaks.

Try Rolling back Graphics driver version using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and see it magically fixed like I did.

I never installed 446.14 yet I have the stutter so it's not the Nvidia driver causing this. I wouldn't suggest rolling back all the way to driver 399.XX, I did and I kept getting black screens and crashes in ESO until it messed everything up so bad I had to reinstall everything including windows. Took me a whole day but at least it allowed me to see that even with a clean system install and everything up to date, the stutter is still there.