The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Load screens

Unparagoned1994
when switching between characters has anyone else on Xbox gotten stuck in a never ending load screen?
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Happens on PC too, quite often.
  • Unparagoned1994
    Could u shed some light on this
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Unparagoned1994

Deleting your local save data can help with getting your character to load in.

To delete save data on the Xbox One
    1. From the Xbox Home Menu, navigate to My games & apps.
    2. Go to Games.
    3. Highlight The Elder Scrolls Online tile and press the [Menu] button of the controller.
    4. Select Manage Game. Highlight and select Save Data for the desired user.
    5. Select Delete.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • HoustonHeart
    Load issues are clearly sever limit issues.

Clearing cache won’t remedy loading into congested areas. If you are able to monitor your network to the server you will see the congestion, packet loss and throttling. At times it times out. They need to do something about the severs and add more instance ones because they are not able to handle returning and new traffic and users.
  • Unparagoned1994
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @Unparagoned1994

Deleting your local save data can help with getting your character to load in.

To delete save data on the Xbox One
    1. From the Xbox Home Menu, navigate to My games & apps.
    2. Go to Games.
    3. Highlight The Elder Scrolls Online tile and press the [Menu] button of the controller.
    4. Select Manage Game. Highlight and select Save Data for the desired user.
    5. Select Delete.

@ZOS_BillE
    It's not logging in that I'm having problems with its when I go to log out to switch characters I get stuck in one of those forever long load screens that used to happen all the time (the ones that don't even have the "this may be an unusually long load time"message.

So bottom line is it's when I'm logging out of a character not logging in. That make sense?
  • Unparagoned1994
    But I tried that just in case to see if it does anything at all to help with what's going on
    Edited by Unparagoned1994 on June 12, 2020 10:07AM
  • Unparagoned1994
    @HoustonHeart so far since this update other than not being able to log out to switch characters I've been pretty satisfied with this update it really seems like they are busting down on the performance fixes, but your i do agree with your input and it is greatly appreciated
  • Unparagoned1994
    @ZOS_GinaBruno now is doing hard crashes on its own when i try to log out to switch characters
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Greetings @Unparagoned1994 we recommend the troubleshooting in this article if you are experiencing crashes in ESO on Xbox One.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Staff Post
  • Unparagoned1994
    @ZOS_Adrikoth are any of you even reading what I'm saying it isn't a crash and it's happening to everyone I spoke with and I'm in all the big guilds and it's happening to them to. This is poor service wish I could speak with a supervisor, but I already am..fml
  • Unparagoned1994
    ok @ZOS_Adrikoth and @ZOS_BillE it's not a crash when people go to log out it goes to the load screen and stays there the music stops it doesn't pop up a message saying this could be an unusually long load time the ring just keeps spinning!
  • Unparagoned1994
    I was saying that I would have to crash the game on purpose to get out of the load screen is a load screen problem that happens when you are logging out(whether it be just to log out or if you're trying to switch characters)
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    If the steps in our article were unable to assist with the issue then please submit a ticket with us at help.elderscrollsonline.com
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Staff Post
  • Unparagoned1994
    K