The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Fence's issue - can't sell stolen items due to UI error

redlink1979
redlink1979
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Since today's morning I can't sell stolen any items to any fence around Tamriel. At first I thought it was an issue related to the Solitude location but the same UI error message pops up everytime I tried to sell. But laundering items works fine.
Already sent an in-game ticket.
Please fix this asap.
"Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
  • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
  • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
  • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
  • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • terrordactyl1971
    terrordactyl1971
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same issue.

Pirharri the Smuggler gives a UI script error when trying to sell to him
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Thank you both. We have a bug in for this, and should have a fix for it in the next incremental patch.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Aerius_Sygale
    Aerius_Sygale
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same issue.

"him"? <.<'
    PS4/PS5, NA | PSN: AeriusSygale | Alliance War Rank 50 (Grand Overlord Grade 2) | CP: 2560+
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is it just the smuggler or is it at the outlaw refuges as well?
  • EldrathLlewain
    Doesnt smbdy test this code prior to launch???
  • terrordactyl1971
    terrordactyl1971
    ✭✭✭✭
    It pretty much makes the Thieves Guild DLC useless at the moment.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This should be a hotfix issue. It needs sorting ASAP. Like many have said, it completely trashes the justice system and renders pickpocketing, thieves troves, thieves guild quests, stealing/looting, legerdermain ALL utterly useless. And this is just the brief oversight of it - a lot of us (myself included) have roleplay toons (mostly Khajiits... sorry for the stereotype lol) that are sneaky, cunning - and on the wrong side of the law and moral end of things... those toons are now too rendered useless to us.
  • NevanCiar
    NevanCiar
    ✭✭
    Thank you both. We have a bug in for this, and should have a fix for it in the next incremental patch.

SO when is the next incremental patch? is that like 4 weeks away?
  • NevanCiar
    NevanCiar
    ✭✭
    Same issue.

Its all fences in all theives guild "halls", I've tried in Abah's Landing, and in Raw'khra same result. SO it must be system wide for all thieves guilds.
  • Slyjinxy
    Slyjinxy
    ✭✭✭
    This really does need fixed ASAP. While not quite making the game unplayable it takes away one of my favorite aspects of the game. I want to play my main in Skyrim but her inventory is so full of stolen items and other stuff that I can't sell that it does make it near impossible to do any questing.

I will try to get rid of things in my inventory but this problem shouldn't have come up in the first place. It was a problem at PC launch and should have been fixed for the console launch. In fact it's even worse on consoles because we can't fence anything. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Zero. Arrrg!
  • VLAMMIG ELE B
    VLAMMIG ELE B
    Soul Shriven

Really?? I just restarted playing and loved it i stole as much as i could in bal foyen and stuff and i come to the first fence and have this problem so glad i decided to first level up and only then buy the new expansion if this isn't fixed fast i'm getting rid of it as fast as it downloaded --'
    For the ebonheart!
  • marji976
    marji976
    ✭✭

So, to @NevanCiar 's question - when is the next incremental patch? To many people's very valid point, this should have been a hotfix as it is something that disrupts progression. Some kind of timing would be nice to communicate to your very anxious community.

Thanks in advance.
    CP810+ Stamblade DPS
    CP810+ MagPlar DPS
    CP810+ MagSorc DPS
    CP810+ MagWarden DPS
    CP810+ MagBlade DPS
    CP810+ MagNecro DPS
    Baby MagDK Tank
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    is it just the smuggler or is it at the outlaw refuges as well?

@volkeswagon Neither smuggler or outlaw's refugee work.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
  • kiddafinlay
    kiddafinlay
    ✭✭
    The reason I believe this could have occurred is due to Vampires stage 4 having no access to merchants for repaiirs they have to use the outlaws refuge to sell items and repair themselves. I would have saved me and my husband some money and not bothered with Greymoor if I had known this prior to my purchase. I steal for extra coins every day as I do not sell in guilds. If this was a crown store bug it would already be fixed. This is really not good. 😡😡
  • hooked82
    hooked82
    This is absolutely absurd and I would be so ashamed if this was my product. This is base game functionality. Please, for the love of the gods, start writing Unit, Instrumentation and UI tests along with game testers.

Before this, it was how I made my money, ~400k/day. Now I'm making 0 and have every single character with a full inventory. Please, just create a list of features and before launch, try them all out. This is basic testing
  • AlaskeyLandshark
    I agree, for some of us this content is why we play the game, and/or how we make our money to keep playing and advancing our characters. It needs to be hot fixed ASAP, not left for weeks.
  • emeraldshado
    emeraldshado
    ✭✭✭
    so are we looking at a weekend patch?

people are choosing not to throw away their ill gotten gains.

Something about a thieves life, a play style since being included in the product.

and I'm not willing to throw out my I'l gotten gains either, which leads to a poor play experience when your inventory is full of things you cannot sell, that you've been holding onto.

this prevents the advancement of the legerdemain skill line by 50%? because all you can do now is launder for players trying to level it, so any character that is pre-existing without that skill line maxed, and any new character created.

3 days ago i created a khajiit specifically for pick pocketing....

now i won't play him.
  • Slyjinxy
    Slyjinxy
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom do we have an ETA on a fix for this because it's become extremely frustrating. It's gotten to the point I don't want to play anymore since that was one of the main ways for me to make money.
  • uzbachchi
    uzbachchi
    ✭✭✭
    Please hotfix this, it's breaking my heart to destroy green items while trying for furniture plans. I must have destroyed 20 or 30 thousand gold worth of stuff by now. It's my main source of money since the motif market tanked with the jubilee boxes and it's really disappointing to not be able to play in the style I prefer.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't benefit the players, so it won't be fixed as quickly.

Watch stealing too much for the meantime. You can scrub and then sell the item normally, but that puts a "tax" on top of things.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Mithrazielle
    Mithrazielle
    ✭✭

Actually, this should be a hotfix because our inventories are filling and we cannot fence the stolen items we've received, so we cannot do delves or anything else to pick up stuff- because we are running out of personal inventory.

Just saying... ;)

You guys are awesome- love Skyrim... the Greymoor DLC is so AWESOME!!!!

• Mithrazielle
    Mithrazielle
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

FYI Here is a screenshot of the problem---

u3zvvhda0spt.jpg

See note I posted above this regarding hotfix request for this, as well, please.
  • eb.annetteub17_ESO
    eb.annetteub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    This is also happening on both mine and my husband's ESO accounts. Definitely makes using the fence pretty pointless at the moment.
  • tigerdrsk
    tigerdrsk
    The fact that none of the services of fencing work of fencing and laundering or even the thieves guild npc works does drastically change the economy of the game until its fixed and forces players to keep those items until they can trade them in or just simply destroy them.

For forcing players to pay for a 40 or 50 buck expansion without a denomination that just gives us the chapter. I dont need a complete repaying of elsweyr, summerset or vvardenfell if i bought them previously at their premium prices. The greymoor chapter should have had a 20 buck stand alone and collectors for 30. Players that purchased the collectors of this one pretty much lost 30% value due to the glitch and in some ways makes it unplayable. It affects me and relative that paid 50 for the collectors and so should get a month of the ESO plus including the crown stipend of 1600 crowns to compensate.

To lose the fact of being able to fully play the game with features that should worked at launch and forcing players to wait WEEKS for a fix is inexcusable. You wanted players to pay soon for the pre order bonuses and delay the launch by a day for a funeral that some may see as unnecessary due to conditions.

If you can't fix the game for a great period of time, you should compensate those that actually PAID you the premium for the dlc. We lost value before even partaking. At this point I would suggest if you can't fix it for that time you need to remburse those of us that paid you at launch for this because now I highly doubt I would ever again, or buy crowns and I've been on this since ps4 launch and pc beta.
  • madrab73
    madrab73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did they fix the fence before putting Thieves Guild on offer in the crown store?
  • mcinturf
    mcinturf
    ✭✭
    Still not fixed? Or just me? XB Clockwork Outlaw
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mcinturf wrote: »

It's everyone. I'm on PS4. Gina said it could be a week or two before they get to it. No hotfix
  • mcinturf
    mcinturf
    ✭✭
    valeriiya wrote: »
    mcinturf wrote: »

It's everyone. I'm on PS4. Gina said it could be a week or two before they get to it. No hotfix

Ahhh... Thanks
  • Slyjinxy
    Slyjinxy
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully the patch that comes out on the 24th will fix this. It has already gone on far too long.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fixed a UI error that would occur when selling items to a Fence.

Fixed!
    Edited by redlink1979 on June 24, 2020 2:48PM