The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO George Floyd Fundraiser Event?

Chrysa1is
Chrysa1is
✭✭✭✭✭
Could ZOS do this? Something similar with the slay dragons, save cats fundraiser?

I'll lose as much sleep as possible to help raise for this cause. It's important!
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Too political. This post alone is against the forum rules by talking about real life politics, ZOS isn't gonna touch this topic with a ten foot pole.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Raisin wrote: »
    Too political. This post alone is against the forum rules by talking about real life politics, ZOS isn't gonna touch this topic with a ten foot pole.

About that.
    https://twitter.com/ZeniMax_Online

Given Zenimax retweeted the BLM support from Bethesda on one of their twitter accounts a tweet from Bethesda. As well as it being the last tweet on this twitter account they did. So Technically Zenimax has touched on it just outside of the forums.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on June 3, 2020 9:57PM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe? ZOS and their forum moderation team seem rather adverse to politics, so I doubt it.

Now, if you wanted to start a Guild event or a Zone meet up, that would be awesome. Maybe start by sounding out interested guildies and see if they'd get their other guilds involved?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now, if you wanted to start a Guild event or a Zone meet up, that would be awesome.

This sounds better than discussing it on the forum. The moderators might be reluctant to close this (appearances) but it really isn't about ESO.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well yeah its likely they might not do anything on it but they just might do something. However I doubt they would allow this forum thread to continue.
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chrysa1is wrote: »
    Could ZOS do this? Something similar with the slay dragons, save cats fundraiser?

I'll lose as much sleep as possible to help raise for this cause. It's important!

We players are free to organize our own fundraisers. A good way to support BLM is watching or streaming videos where the ad revenue goes straight to BLM fundraisers.

Disable your adblockers and dont skip ads for those videos while playing, guys!
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Raisin wrote: »

About that.
    https://twitter.com/ZeniMax_Online

Given Zenimax retweeted the BLM support from Bethesda on one of their twitter accounts a tweet from Bethesda. As well as it being the last tweet on this twitter account they did. So Technically Zenimax has touched on it just outside of the forums.

I'm guessing that falls under the appropriate amount of involvement they would consider advantageous to the company's image. :D
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn’t mind seeing something substantive from ZOS on this topic, even if it’s a small gesture. Some issues rise above the level of humdrum partisan politics. This is one such thing.
    forever stuck in combat
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS and their forum moderation team seem rather adverse to politics, so I doubt it.

I think the main problem with allowing discussion of real-world political issues is that many people have very strong feelings one way or the other, and allowing discussion of real-world political issues invariably leads to objectionable posts from forum members on both sides of the issue.

It's one thing for a company to express support for a politically-charged cause, and quite another thing for them to allow that same cause to be discussed in a forum which is supposed to be devoted to other issues.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Most likely wouldn't happen on the forums, but I could definitely see them working it into the Bethesda Twitch live streams.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We’re talking about ESO and the world of Tamriel. Real world issues and politics shouldn’t be directly posted on the forums like this.

We all know about the situation. We all know how to donate. We all know how to support the cause etc. ESO isn’t the place for this or other real world issues unless it’s a ZOS supported charity event (like with the Dragon slaying event).
  • vestahls
    vestahls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please keep politics out of the game.
    “He is even worse than a n'wah. He is - may Vivec forgive me for uttering this word - a Hlaalu.”
    luv Abnur
    luv Rigurt
    luv Stibbons

'ate Ayrenn
    'ate Razum-dar
    'ate Khamira

simple as
  • hamgatan
    hamgatan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vestahls wrote: »
    Please keep politics out of the game.

^
    This. Take your cause back to the Twitterverse.

I come here to get away from the real world. Not have it jammed back in my face like Ads on a YouTube video..
    PC / NA - 1500 CP
    L50 Argonian MagTemplar PvE Healer (US/EP) "Smothers-With-Pillows"
    L50 Argonian StamPlar PvE DPS/Solo (US/EP) "The Rusty Argonian Spade"
    L50 Khajit StamPlar PvE DPS (US/EP) "Critteh Kitteh"
    L50 Khajit MagDK PvE DPS 97k (US/EP) "Snowflake Crusher"
    L50 Redguard StamDK PvE Tank (US/DC) "Rampant Rabbit"
    L50 Dunmer MagDK PvE DPS (US/DC) "Deep Fried Bin Chicken"
    L50 Altmer MagSorc PvE DPS (US/DC) "Acirrum" - The vMA/vvH Potato Sorc
    L50 Orc StamSorc PvE DPS (US/AD) "Fraggle Proc"
    L50 Altmer MagBlade PvE Healer (US/AD) "Never Goanna Heal You Up"
    L20 Redguard StamBlade PvP Tank (US/AD) "Sneak Dogg"
    L50 Breton MagWarden PvE Healer (US/EP) "Drunk-The-Koolaid"
    L40 Orc StamDen PvE DPS (US/EP) "Fugly Betty"
    L50 Breton MagCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Ivanna Fakakakis"
    L50 Redguard StamCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Skeletons In The Closet"
    L50 Dunmer Stam Arcanist PvE DPS 80k (US/EP) "Sends-The-Trout" - 1 Bar Oakensoul
    L20 Nord Arcanist PvE Tank (US/EP) "Now Thats a Huge Witch"

Xbox One / NA - 360 CP
    L50 Altmer MagBlade (US/AD) "Cork Soaking"
    L10 Argonian Templar (US/EP) "Makes-Me-Moist"
    L10 Argonian MagDK (US/EP) "<Forced-Name-Change>"
    L27 Altmer MagSorc (US/EP) "Sorcie McSorcface"

|GM - The Bin Chicken Alliance | Aussie Dragon Slayers | Aedra | The Skooma Emporium | The Bus | The Bounty Hunters Guild |
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its political in nature, i had a thread closed simply because I asked if ZOS had an official statement regarding section 230 and the presidential executive order.
  • ZOS_Erysna
    ZOS_Erysna
    admin
    Hey @Chrysa1is

Thank you for taking the time to share this thoughtful suggestion. We've forwarded this along to the team for consideration. :)
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.