The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

am i supposed to get leads for things i cant scry for

Lady_Linux
Lady_Linux
✭✭✭✭✭
#noSCRYINGallowed #notBUYINGgreymoor these things take up my inventory as well..
I simply must protest. There are no Penguin avatars for me to use in the forums.

BTW, I use arch too
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're in your quest log, not inventory.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is intended: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/58113

Can I obtain leads if I don't have the Antiquities system or the Greymoor Chapter unlocked?

Yes. You can obtain leads before you get the Greymoor Chapter, but you will not be able to use them until you own the Chapter and complete the first Antiquarians Circle quest.
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You sure about the "taking up inventory" part?

I don't have Greymoor, I did get a whole bunch of (completely useless) leads since it launched, and I never noticed anything in any of my characters' inventories - and they are so tight on space that I would have absolutely noticed if there was any worthless garbage cluttering it up.

I would, however, like an addon or an in-game option to disable the obnoxious "you got a lead" announcement which pops up every time I find that crap.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Are you inclined to do more Antiquities? To buy Greymoor so you can get the Ring of Running Really Fast that everyone else is getting?
    I suspect it's working as intended in that case. Sort of like how people can get Treasure Maps for zones they can't go to (but thankfully, not surveys).
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on May 31, 2020 10:12PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lady_Linux wrote: »
    #noSCRYINGallowed #notBUYINGgreymoor these things take up my inventory as well..

[Quoted post was removed]
    Don't leads expire after 30 days? So leads gotten now are useless to anyone waiting for it to become a DLC. Nor, judging by the forums, do leads seem hard to come by. Hard to finish, maybe, given the bugs, but not hard to get.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on June 1, 2020 7:00PM
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

[Quoted post was removed]
    Don't leads expire after 30 days? So leads gotten now are useless to anyone waiting for it to become a DLC. Nor, judging by the forums, do leads seem hard to come by. Hard to finish, maybe, given the bugs, but not hard to get.

Ahhh was not aware of any expiration date. Is that written in the patch notes or you know first hand? Where is this expiration date shown? I used up all my leads pretty much instantly.

Leads are pretty easy to get imo. For mythic items, I had to kill the specific world boss or dungeon boss around 2-6 times to get a lead. Maybe around 4 on average for me?

I've heard many complaints for the leads on specific trash mobs like wolves. The drop rate is probably super low because it's a trash mob instead of a boss leading to higher extremes of bad or good rng.

I get a ton of leads just by collecting from nodes, pays well too. A lot more enjoyable than the Psijic Order, Jewelry Crafting or Mages Guild. Those grinds sucked and weren't nearly as enjoyable.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on June 1, 2020 7:01PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • 16BitForestCat
    16BitForestCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahhh was not aware of any expiration date. Is that written in the patch notes or you know first hand? Where is this expiration date shown? I used up all my leads pretty much instantly.

From https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/50924/~/leads---antiquities---the-elder-scrolls-online

Note that almost every zone will have a basic antiquity that does not require a lead, giving you something to search for immediately! Finally, the leads you acquire via in-game activities will expire 30 days after first acquiring them. The trail might have gone cold, but you can always try to pick up that lead again in the future.
    PC/NA. Alliance agnostic: all factions suck and should go touch grass together.
    If you ever wonder why certain official fandom spaces are so often toxic, remember: corruption starts from the top.
  • ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review we have removed several posts for violating Community Rules regarding Baiting. Please ensure that any discussion remains civil, constructive and within the rules.

You are welcome to review the Community Rules here.
    Staff Post
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean. They don't take inventory space, and in a year we can buy/get it with crowns/ESO+ ... Sooooo I actually like the fact that I get all my leads early without lifting a finger.
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    these things take up my inventory as well..

They don't, so you have 0 negative effects of getting leads.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is intended: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/58113

Can I obtain leads if I don't have the Antiquities system or the Greymoor Chapter unlocked?

Yes. You can obtain leads before you get the Greymoor Chapter, but you will not be able to use them until you own the Chapter and complete the first Antiquarians Circle quest.

Are they just determined to have the most noisy game experience possible?