The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[PC EU] Trader swap failed. Please remember u23 fiasco and act quick

• dhboy123
    dhboy123
    ✭✭✭✭
    What's going on exactly?

I personally saw a free trader and hired it, was that supposed to be someone else's or what?

The trader had no "tabard" tag on it

Exactly what has happened.

Traders who have been bought for millions of gold haven't gone to those who got the highest bid and have been offered for free.

I've seen main city traders with only 40 items for sale, highest item for 5k.

Guild traders are so out-dated in the MMO genre, wish they would introduce a auction house system.
    Edited by dhboy123 on May 31, 2020 11:02PM
  • thatESOdude
    thatESOdude
    ✭✭✭
    dhboy123 wrote: »
    What's going on exactly?

I personally saw a free trader and hired it, was that supposed to be someone else's or what?

The trader had no "tabard" tag on it

Exactly what has happened.

Traders who have been bought for millions of gold haven't gone to those who got the highest bid and have been offered for free.

I've seen main city traders with only 40 items for sale, highest item for 5k.

I personally found a trader that had no tabard so thought maybe with new Chapter, this was left "unclaimed" this weekend so got it to try for my guild At Vivec Outlaw's...

Wasn't aware of any previous things that people mentioned cause never was a trading guild
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hi all, just confirming we have been investigating this issue since it was first reported a few hours ago. We'll let you know when we have some answers for you.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Fiktius
    Fiktius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Expensive times ahead.

Most of the guilds already lost most of last week's Tuesday sales for giant maintenance for chapter day and for several patches which followed right after with server down time of several hours.
    It was more or less fair, because the loss was equal - Tuesday sales were bad for everyone.

However I would like to remind that multi-bidding bid prices do not care about server down time.
    Bid may cost arm and leg, no matter how often server is down during the week.
    Which is another reason why this happened at very inconvenient time:
    If this trader fiasco is not fixed with some sort of hotfix asap, that can be very harmful for many guilds.
    Edited by Fiktius on May 31, 2020 11:49PM
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JPS wrote: »
    JPS wrote: »
    Great job, Zos... I'm without a trader for 3 weeks, I finally win one again and now we don't have it... WONDERFUL GAME AND EXCELLENT MANAGEMENT!

Can I just get a refund for 2x Greymoor and 2x prepaid ESO+ so I can forget about this game and move on?

[Quoted post was removed]

I quit that after the last fiasco already, last year.

oh now that you say. i can imagine why :)
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on June 1, 2020 3:23PM

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• Celterium
    Celterium
    ✭✭
    Hi all, just confirming we have been investigating this issue since it was first reported a few hours ago. We'll let you know when we have some answers for you.

@ZOS_GinaBruno How do you plan to compensate for the lost trading time and, accordingly, the lost gold and people who left the guild because of this bug? How do you apologize for this? :(
    Edited by Celterium on May 31, 2020 11:31PM
    GM "Kwama-and-Sujamma" (PC/EU)
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tagging to watch.
  • Arrodisia
    Arrodisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for responding to us.

Please, keep us posted. We have hundreds of guildies in each guild, who invested a lot of gold into these traders asking questions. We lost 10's of millions last week and they're rightfully upset we're losing trade time again.
    Edited by Arrodisia on May 31, 2020 11:38PM
  • Arrodisia
    Arrodisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we please have an update?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just to update, we're going to need some more time to continue investigating and come up with a plan, which we'll share with everyone a little later in the day tomorrow. Thanks for staying patient with us.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • karliahquinn
    karliahquinn
    ✭✭✭
    Yup, won a trader and had the gold removed, the spot is occupied by a different guild.

I believe this is the fourth time this has happened over the last year?
  • SammiSakura
    SammiSakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well at least theres some sort of update. I really hope a solution is being worked on rather than just "sorry it messed up" "/ but with it getting towards 12 hours post, i don't know what more could be done really. Fingers crossed and trying to stay hopeful.
    @SammiSakura - EU Server - CP 1600+ - Here Since 14th October 2016
    Visit my home at the Alinor Townhouse
    Guildhall with All Set-Stations etc at Grand Psijic Villa

Guildmaster of The Forbidden Guilds (PC EU)
    ~ The Forbidden Cleavage (in Elden Root, Grahtwood)
    ~ Brave Cat Trade (in Alinor, Summerset)
    ~ Demonic Baanditos (PvE/Social Guild, in Markarth, The Reach)
    PM @SammiSakura In-Game for Invites.

Curator & Middleman of Crown Black Market Crown Trading Discord
    Click Here to Join & Start Trading Today!
    My Characters!
    * Samara Nevanni - Dunmer MagDK DD (PvE/P) (Master Crafter)
    * Adriana Silvani - Altmer MagSorc DD (PvE)
    * Tsanji-Ko - Khajiit StamDen DD (PvE)
    * Waits-For-Darkness - Argonian MagPlar Healer (PvE)
    * Lilith Valeine - Breton MagPlar DD (PvP)
    * Luna Rosalie - Bosmer StamBlade DD (PvP)
    * Mithrandir the Healer - Nord Magden Healer (PvE)
    * Talia Scythe-Song - Redguard Necro Tank (PvE)
    * Loki the Theif - Khajiit MagBlade (PvE)
  • Arrodisia
    Arrodisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to update, we're going to need some more time to continue investigating and come up with a plan, which we'll share with everyone a little later in the day tomorrow. Thanks for staying patient with us.

Thank you for the update. We're hoping this issue will be fixed soon.
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile, over on PC-NA, Guild Trader switch was delayed again. It's supposed to happen between 8.55-9.00pm EDT but actually is done between 8.55pm and... who knows when. We had one Sunday where the Guild Trader flip finished at 9.18pm, another where it finished at 9.16pm, and today I'm not quite sure when, but it was after 9.12pm.

Obviously this is nowhere near the same degree of being on fire, but it ain't right either.

Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • Tendrielle
    Tendrielle
    ✭✭✭

How about installing the original winners and compensating them with refunding their bids?
    Those that hired "free" traders for cheap already got their free trading time for it.
  • Darkheart
    Darkheart
    ✭✭✭
    The guilds who have picked the traders up should enjoy the ban hammer, alot of them were around for the first time this happened and see what the consequences were.

pfff, I got up this morning, and saw a trader for hire and took it and I should be banned for that ? While players who should not had access to West Skyrim quickly did everything in that zone even when they knew they did not buy the chapter was OK because it was not their fault ?

They should ban players from the forums for stupid ideas, of course then this place would be a lot emptier :tongue:
    Returning Home to Daggerfall.
  • thatESOdude
    thatESOdude
    ✭✭✭
    Darkheart wrote: »
    The guilds who have picked the traders up should enjoy the ban hammer, alot of them were around for the first time this happened and see what the consequences were.

pfff, I got up this morning, and saw a trader for hire and took it and I should be banned for that ? While players who should not had access to West Skyrim quickly did everything in that zone even when they knew they did not buy the chapter was OK because it was not their fault ?

They should ban players from the forums for stupid ideas, of course then this place would be a lot emptier :tongue:

I agree, i saw a "hire" option too, i took it to try to have my guild as a trading guild... Don't know why people think it is "our" fault...
  • Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So trader swap is - for us EU guys - on sunday night at prime time. One of the most busy nights of the week, on your most populated server (also due to fewer different time zones than in the US), when the servers groan already under their traffic load.

With the new bidding system installed last year, 10 possible bids, it is very unlikely to find a free spot when you didn't win your bids that day. So why the need to do it on sunday night?

Can you change trader swap time to another point in the week? Would it help anything with the problem? IF the swap was during your working hours and not on a sunday, you could react ASAP with serverdown and whatnot.
    PC/EU
  • dhboy123
    dhboy123
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bloody fantastic, main trader in Mournhold, 0 items for sale.

Fix your broken game and stop releasing expansions when everything is broken.

Screenshot-20200601-065314.png
    Edited by dhboy123 on June 1, 2020 5:55AM
  • Tyralbin
    Tyralbin
    ✭✭✭✭
    This issue seems to always occur when new traders are added.

This seems to suggest that the new trader are not added to the bidding system or if they are that system itself is bugged.

Maybe this needs to be tested on PTS somehow in future; even if it is ZOS employees themselves that test this. Could be done 30 minutes prior to trader swap and tested at same time.
    Live a little love a lot send all your gold to this Imperials pot.
  • KyraCROgnon
    KyraCROgnon
    ✭✭✭
    Can you change trader swap time to another point in the week? Would it help anything with the problem? IF the swap was during your working hours and not on a sunday, you could react ASAP with serverdown and whatnot.

Since biding is not live but done in advance, i agree 100% that it should be moved from sunday evening to for exemple monday morning after daily reset and before usual maintenance time. Lot less traffic, and close to maintenance if something goes horribly wrong . And it would also makes last minute buying on the sunday less problematic "oh, forgot the time, have to hunt for that guild new trader now all over tamriel to find my item..."

• LatinoShaman59
    LatinoShaman59
    ✭✭✭
    Her statement scares me, they really don't know how to fix it?
  • JPS
    JPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Her statement scares me, they really don't know how to fix it?

Let me predict the 'fix' They will revert slowing down processes they implemented to 'fix' the huge lag we had, and they will 'compensate' guilds that should have a trader with double the refund. On top of that, we will have maintenance for the whole week again.
  • pluckpluck
    pluckpluck
    ✭✭✭

This time, will you answer (again) it's because Europe has less time zones than NA? (by you i mean ZOS, not you specifically, Gina)
    "The net is a waste of time and that's exactly what's right about it. "
    -- W. Gibson
  • Quelios
    Quelios
    ✭✭✭
    NA server is fine ...

3ffugk.jpg
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AUCTION, AUCTION, AUCTION ! Please re-build the trade system...
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DOUBLE BID REFUND would be good thank you
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To the people who use this to ride their own hobby horse and calling for an auction house, you all seriously expect that not to be bugged severely? Like the sheer, bloody naivety there, or willful blindness idk.
  • AlyennahsCrafting
    AlyennahsCrafting
    ✭✭✭
    As a member of one of the affected guilds, who has spent money on a trader, got the trader, but now has to watch our trader taken by some other guild, this is not good. And it is not just about the money spent on the traders, which are hard to get and easily run in to hundreds of thousands for even a backwater spot that gets little traffic and obviously millions for prime spots. It is also about lost revenue from sales, which will be even harder to recoup. And compensation is controversial as well, as major trading guilds will get more money back, putting them even further ahead, while guilds that don't focus exclusively on trading, as well as new guilds that want to break into trading, are already finding it hard to impossible to find a trader. Which is why all of a sudden we see these unknown guilds popping up with 100 items in their store, taking advantage of the situation. There is a huge demand for traders that just can't be met, there just aren't enough traders to go around in the first place. So there are a number of issues here that are deserving of attention, even if not all of them have an easy fix.

What bothers me even more, as a returning player, is learning that this has happened before, just like the issue with people getting access to the new areas. I would think learning from past mistakes would be a top priority. You don't want to have to pay for the same mistake twice. Because there is going to be a price to pay, even if it is not immediately visible.

I've seen new players, here for the DLC, asking in zone chat 'is it always like this?' and getting a response along the line of: 'pretty much, yeah' after all the downtime, chaos with players in a zone they should not have access to, as well as dreadful lag. This on top of long standing issues (lag in Cyrodiil for instance I can personally confirm has been here since the game went live) that have never received a satisfactory fix. It would probably be hard to give firm numbers, but it is inconceivable that no one is thinking, well, I am not going to spend more money on this than I've already done. Or that people will not recommend the game to their friends. Things like that. I hope someone at ZOS thinks about that long and hard and endeavours to do better. Because even if the player base is large enough to survive problems like this, it will still affect the company's bottom line.

Some people here are calling for a global auction house system, which would have the benefit of making items more easy to find as having to travel all over Tamriel just to find some affordable mastic to craft that item, is a bit much. Would it work perfectly? Possibly not, but if it didn't, it might affect all guilds equally. In any case, it seems to me some resolution to long standing issues is needed. More traders? A trader you can put at your publicly accessible guild hall? A global search option that tells you exactly where to find such and such an item? How about a system where you can put money up to do a certain crafting job and people can bid on it, money does not get exchanged until the job is done, so crafters know what to craft and both parties know they get their money's worth? And yes, stability, reliability. And that may stand in the way of bigger changes, being afraid of a fundamental change as it is unpredictable what issues that will cause.
    When Alyennnah is not here, she's probably crafting. Quite possibly at Alyennah's Crafting in Wayrest. Or maybe she's out there, looking for new materials, recipes and styles to use in crafting. She wants to craft all the things.
  • Kalantris
    Kalantris
    Greetings,

A simple refund of bids for the winning guilds is not enough for two very important reasons.
    1. The selfish reason: I'm going to drown in stuff I want to sell, my chars are already at half capacity, I expanded my bank and if that continues I'm going to be full on Thursday tops and will have to start dropping items to vendors for a fraction of the price I'd get by selling them via the vendor.
    2. The not so selfish reason: As it currently stands vendors are owned by random guilds, there's very little to purchase meaning everything will pause for an entire week – no gear upgrades for example. Some top-tier traders have a couple dozen items on sale.

Bids should be reimbursed as a percentage and traders should be reassigned to proper guilds to keep the trade going.