The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Bug] quest - Prisoner of the Past (walking away from ghosts blocks quest progression)

Casdha
Casdha
✭✭✭✭✭
During this quest there are 4 items to pick up and as you pick up each there is a small story scene played out by ghosts. If you walk away before the ghosts are done talking you will not get credit for completing the step. I restarted and replayed this quest and watching closer it appears that the step is marked completed based on the conversation and not by picking up the item.
Edited by Casdha on September 29, 2020 6:41PM
Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• thiste
    thiste
    ✭✭✭
    I got that 3/4 items bug as well. For me, the first item didn't even start a conversation or spawn the ghosts. I only got the quest giver (Alwyn)'s reaction to it.

Also, I need to mention that I did this quest in parallel with the main quest because there's a part of it that happens in that very delve, so maybe there's a conflict that generates this bug. Just a hunch.
    Edited by thiste on June 9, 2020 3:50PM
  • DracoUchiha
    I had this problem, just abandon and redo the quest, I sent a bug report but probably didn't give enough information.
    @ItaneekMalachi in PC NA server, RPer, Argonian Master Race.
  • thiste
    thiste
    ✭✭✭
    I did and it worked. Although, the second time I got the "invincible draugrs" bug as well 🤔
  • big_ear_midget
    big_ear_midget
    ✭✭✭
    i have this bug my quest items shows i have all 4 items, but the quest itself only shows i have 3/4. I did not get the ghosts to pop up for one of the items just the NPC reacted to my item i found.
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still an issue now post patch v6.0.8. I was doing the delve quest on a new toon at the same time as the delve daily, so it's easy to lose track of quest steps. Eventually I had completed all quest locations/steps in the delve, EXCEPT stuck at 3/4 for this quest. I have four "hagridden" quest items in inventory. I tried both a /reloadui and a relog, neither helped, nor did exiting and re-entering the delve. Time to drop the quest I guess. /bug 200703-007420
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on July 3, 2020 9:24PM
  • cool_gramps
    cool_gramps
    Soul Shriven
    I had same issue. Had all 4 items in inventory, yet quest kept showing 3/4 remains found.
    Dropped quest, and made sure I stayed until "ghost scenes" finished and ghosts disappeared.
    *Note - should make sure you kill any local enemies before collecting items so no interruption waiting for ghost to finish.
    Quest played out and completed as normal.
    Hope this helps.
    @BudPuffer
  • cool_gramps
    cool_gramps
    Soul Shriven
    I had same issue. Had all 4 items in inventory, yet quest kept showing 3/4 remains found.
    Dropped quest, retook it, and made sure I stayed until "ghost scenes" finished and ghosts disappeared.
    *Note - should make sure you kill any local enemies before collecting items so no interruption waiting for ghost to finish.
    Quest played out and completed as normal.
    Hope this helps.
    @BudPuffer

• Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This issue is still broken as of August 30, I had the same problem on my PC/EU magblade. I'll have to try again to see if sneaking is part of the problem when getting the first of Jarl Hagridden's items.
    Update: the quest step worked ok on my PC/NA stamblade; it's just flaky or something.
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on September 1, 2020 9:41PM
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 days of this bug and reported it ingame feedback.
    Problem is the 1st spot to gather Hag's remains does not advance quest. The spot shows up at the beginning, you go there and collect and the spot clears but no animation plays. So can't clear this quest.
    Is this ever going on the fix list, Z?
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks everyone, and apologies for the delay. We'll work on getting this fixed.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • rustyroar
    rustyroar
    Soul Shriven
    Took 5 goes and in sequence, Sword, Helm, Shield, Bones
  • Lixiviant
    Lixiviant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Had to abandon the quest and start over again when the 4th item wasn't shown as collected. Submitted another bug report.

Restarted, went to the left and collected helm, sword, bones and shield. Made sure any enemy in the area was eliminated. Picked up the item, listened to the ghosts, made sure it showed as collected and moved on. Think the real trick to this is to be sure you listen to the ghosts and not get interrupted. Don't think the item order is really important.

Good luck!
    PS4/PS5/NA - And sometimes EU

Daedroth might bite, just letting you know
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    Bugged. Have all 4 items cluttering up my inventory; only one cutscene which never triggered. What to do?
    Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends
  • TrepChains
    TrepChains
    Soul Shriven
    Threemoons wrote: »
    Bugged. Have all 4 items cluttering up my inventory; only one cutscene which never triggered. What to do?

I'm similarly bugged on this. Quest stuck at 3/4, but all 4 in my inventory. Based on what I'm reading, it's abandon quest and start again...
  • Avoranti
    Avoranti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It just happened to me, again, 3rd character. I think the bug is caused by picking up the item and closing the dialog box (showing you’ve taken the item) too quickly. It’s been 5 months and we’ve had more than a few patches since June and even a few since September 1 and this is STILL bugged. Why? Why does it take 5+ months to fix a bug like this? Bug report submitted in game. PS4 NA

• N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC NA. Here to report that this issue still exists...

Edit: It took several attempts over the past few days, and I'm not sure if it's just a coincidence, but I finally got it to progress by collecting the pieces in this order: Bones, Shield, Sword, Helm. On the attempt prior to the quest progressing, I tried collecting the Helm first but the game never responded to me collecting the piece.
    Edited by N00BxV1 on November 4, 2020 4:11AM
  • CalamityJaymi
    CalamityJaymi
    Soul Shriven
    Still bugged. No way I am restarting it. That *** was tiresome running around trying to figure out where that last piece was even though I picked up for pieces. Screw that.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    N00BxV1 wrote: »
    PC NA. Here to report that this issue still exists...

Edit: It took several attempts over the past few days, and I'm not sure if it's just a coincidence, but I finally got it to progress by collecting the pieces in this order: Bones, Shield, Sword, Helm. On the attempt prior to the quest progressing, I tried collecting the Helm first but the game never responded to me collecting the piece.

That doesn't seem like the proper order, but it does seem to work.

This is still choking well after the first report of it. Why can't things like this be fixed?

I tried it 2 other times in a more logical order and it glitched on the Helm both times, not giving credit nor even showing the "ghosts" for that part of the story.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • OWLTHEMAD
    OWLTHEMAD
    ✭✭✭✭
    January 2022.

Quest still broken.

Sheild never shows ghost interaction, nor gives quest completion.

Frustrating.

• ryanvier_ESO
    ryanvier_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Quest is still broken.

All 4 items in my inventory, only showing I have 3/4
  • pauk960eb17_ESO
    pauk960eb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    April 2022, quest is still bugged. Wasted 15 minutes wandering the dungeon thinking I missed something. But no, all four quest items are in my inventory. I'm not wasting another 15 minutes to redo the quest, screw it.

ZOS, hire me, I'll fix it for free. It will probably take me less time than how much I wasted on doing the quest.
  • ziggy29
    ziggy29
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently there is no interest in fixing this one.
  • Poncho28
    Poncho28
    ✭✭✭
    Still Bugged.
    Poncho-Dovahkiin (Defilers of Molag Bal, Lost Souls of Tamriel, Foundations Start, Rebellious Spirit)
  • joe_schmo
    joe_schmo
    ✭✭✭
    Still bugged.
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    Crikey.
  • trailofundead
    ...and still bugged. Not even fixed for the Skyrim event
  • screamingabdabs
    Can confirm that this is still bugged after over 2 years(!). The last item I tried to collect were the bones which failed to trigger any ghosts. Now I have 3/4 items and no way to complete the quest short of abandoning it.

bddken4vta5j.jpg
    falg6er5t36f.jpg
  • Mrfroggy
    Mrfroggy
    still bugged....so many years later and it's still bugged lol
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    Um, yeah, please fix already so that people don't have to redo the whole thing repeatedly to finish....
  • DerethDawnblade
    DerethDawnblade
    ✭✭✭
    Here we are 3 years later and no fix...