The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

"Unexpected internal error occured" PC-EU

Infixo
Infixo
✭✭
I was playing for an hour, stopped for half an hour and now I cannot login back. "Unexpected internal error". Anyone having problems with PC-EU?
  • Drackenfels
    Same here. Tried to repair game but it didn't fix anything. All was ok 4 hours ago.

Opened a ticket 200531-005834
    Edited by Drackenfels on May 31, 2020 12:09PM
  • chieflioness
    chieflioness
    ✭✭
    This is also happening to me. I can log on to NA but not EU server
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    The "Unexpected Internal Error has occurred" can occur if you have a faulty file in your game.

If logging out and restarting the game does not resolve the issue, you can follow the troubleshooting steps below:

Check ESO Service Alerts

Verify the servers are not undergoing scheduled maintenance here. If the ESO server or platform is undergoing maintenance or experiencing an outage, you will not be able to connect until it is resolved.

Close and Restart ESO and the Launcher

Completely close out and restart The Elder Scrolls Online game and the ESO Launcher and try again.

Switch Between Megaservers

If you continue to receive the "Unexpected error" message, you can try changing your Megaserver.
    To do this, navigate to the in-game login screen by launching The Elder Scrolls Online from the ESO Launcher. At the login screen, select Server (underneath the Play button), select the server you wish to connect to (NA or EU), and then select Accept. It may take several minutes for your server selection to update. After choosing your server, wait until the Announcements reflects your selection before logging into the game.

Repair your Launcher

Rename the "ProgramData" folder to "ProgramDataBackup" located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher\ and repair your launcher. Open your Launcher and Go to "Game Options" and select "Repair"
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Belb
    Belb
    Same here - but I got in on my 4th or 5th retry. This was 10 hours ago. I had a pause between retries before I got in, because I went to read these forums.