The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Broken textures and visually unplayable game after Greymoor launch

Aorcain
Aorcain
✭✭
I already written about it in other thread, but haven't got any feedback.
Does anybody had... this?
ljgfyj8i9sxp.jpg
jb35mee8u8d3.png

It looks like videoadapter has broken but it's definitely not an issue, since this happens only in ESO. When I first launched the game after update, I got to play normally for an hour, everything was alright until I decided to change characters and was met with this on character selection menu. I never encountered something like this before.
The game was repaired, reinstalled, all addons were turnt off. I honestly don’t know what this may be.
Edited by Aorcain on May 30, 2020 12:05AM
  • Aorcain
    Aorcain
    ✭✭
    (sorry for any mistakes, English is not my native :c )
    Edited by Aorcain on May 30, 2020 12:05AM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not had this.

First thoughts are drivers and, yes, your video adapter, even though you say it is "definitely not an issue".
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Aorcain
    Aorcain
    ✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    I have not had this.

First thoughts are drivers and, yes, your video adapter, even though you say it is "definitely not an issue".

It's just weird that it was fine for a while after update launch and then it appeared randomly. Outside ESO I haven't been experiencing anything like it, Mac works just fine.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aorcain wrote: »
    I have not had this.

It's just weird that it was fine for a while after update launch and then it appeared randomly. Outside ESO I haven't been experiencing anything like it, Mac works just fine.

Sadly, my brain is still screaming "hardware!". I get nervous when something appears randomly. If there was no hardware or software change at about the same time, my head tends to go to the really bad things.

I don't run ESO on my Mac, but I have several years of experience with Mac. I prefer them over Windows for everything except gaming.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Aorcain
    Aorcain
    ✭✭
    I have not had this.

Sadly, my brain is still screaming "hardware!". I get nervous when something appears randomly. If there was no hardware or software change at about the same time, my head tends to go to the really bad things.

I don't run ESO on my Mac, but I have several years of experience with Mac. I prefer them over Windows for everything except gaming.

I really wish that the hardware is not an issue here but I do have bad thoughts as well seeing this. :C
    I’ll wait for the upcoming patch, really hope that it will fix something.
  • Deeprave
    Deeprave
    ✭✭
    I have not had this.

I have had graphic glitches similar to this - mostly steering in some areas - but ironically not since the patch. Reloading UI does not fix, moving out of that area does, so does logging out and back in.
  • Deeprave
    Deeprave
    ✭✭
    That's *sheering*, not "steering".

(I don't seem to be able to edit posts anymore)
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having issues although not anything quite like this. I'm wondering if I should have done a full delete and fresh installation instead of a reinstallation with that last patch before greymoor, I have been messed up since.
  • Aorcain
    Aorcain
    ✭✭
    Deeprave wrote: »
    I have not had this.

I have had graphic glitches similar to this - mostly steering in some areas - but ironically not since the patch. Reloading UI does not fix, moving out of that area does, so does logging out and back in.

Did the same - unfortunately didn’t work. But it is good to know that I’m not the only one that encountered similar problems, maybe it will get some attention from devs to Mac client problems at last. 😒
  • Aorcain
    Aorcain
    ✭✭
    Radiance wrote: »
    I'm having issues although not anything quite like this. I'm wondering if I should have done a full delete and fresh installation instead of a reinstallation with that last patch before greymoor, I have been messed up since.

They actually suggested this in my ticket although I did reinstalled it, not completely delete and freshly install. But I don’t think it will help much if I’ll do it twice, maybe it is reasonable to wait for future patches.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    For anyone running into texture issues since the update, please go ahead and start a ticket with customer support.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Aorcain
    Aorcain
    ✭✭
    Update: patch haven't fixed anything, in fact I don't think they were doing anything to Mac client in this patch. Nothing new.
    I still have open ticket with support and they at least suggested some troubleshooting but nothing seems to be working.

So far I tried this:
    • Reinstalled game completely 2 times
    • Repaired it god knows how much
    • PRAM reset
    • Turned off all addons, reloaded UI multiple times (UI is not an issue here but I had to try)

So yeah, ESO is still unplayable for me, now I'm glad that I haven't renewed by ESO+ subscription.
  • Aorcain
    Aorcain
    ✭✭
    Hello @ZOS_BillE, don’t really wanna bother but just wanted to ask about my ticket, tech support didn’t answered to me for more than a week after they said they will address my issue to a special team.

Ticket number: #200528-008318
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Aorcain

Thanks for your ticket number. Please check your forum inbox for an update to your ticket.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Aorcain
    Aorcain
    ✭✭
    Update: I fixed it. I hope so.

I don't know why and how it helped but I deleted these following files:
    • MachineSettings.txt
    • PipelineCache.esopc
    • ShaderCache.cooked
    • UserSettings.txt
    Game created fresh ones and after that everything became normal. Played for an hour or so, haven't had that issue anymore. Will see if it will stay that way.