Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

can't install on Mac

Aanteel
Aanteel
Soul Shriven
My friend wants to play ESO and he bought the base game to try. His 2017 Mac says he has 180gb available but the ESO installer will not run because it says he doesn't have enough space. He opened a support call on 5/19 then he got a auto email asking him to upload the "consultant file". But his complaint is that the installer won't run, so there is no consultant file. On 5/22 he asked for an update. On 5/24 he asked for a rebate if no one was going to help him. Today he found the money refunded to his cc. No explanations or apology, not even a "seeya".

We figured out there's something about Macs and purgeable space that's probably the cause of this issue. Shouldn't he be able to install the game to an external drive? If so, then where is the option to select external drive? Since the installer would not even run, is that why we couldn't find it?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Aanteel

Do you have your friend's ticket number?

If so, you can post it here so we can check on it.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Aanteel
    Aanteel
    Soul Shriven
    Hello

Yes the ticket is [Incident: 200522-006644] I would appreciate any help. Currently my friend is researching buying vmware software and a Windows license to play ESO. I'm arguing against this. That's about $200 wasted because his harddrive has enough available space.

There has to be a way to install the game either on his harddrive or onto an external drive (of which he has several).

Thank you
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Aanteel

Thank you for the ticket number. I've sent you a private message with an update on the ticket.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post