The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Character Wipe on PTS? Is that normal?

thegreatme
thegreatme
✭✭✭✭
I'm still somewhat new to the PTS (meaning this is the only one I've participated in) and haven't been able to find another thread answering this question.

When I started on the PTS all my usual characters and the like from Live were transferred from PC-NA to the PTS server. They were there for the first two weeks or so. Now if I try to go in, it tries to make me create a new character entirely as if I have no characters at all. Is this generally normal behavior?

Obviously my toons on Live are still there and safe so I'm not worried about that, I really just don't want to have to restart my entire progress on the PTS because the character I did them on was wiped, and all of my quest stuff reset, though I may have to.
Join my Nocturnal-devoted Mercenary Reach guild! https://esokrakeclan.weebly.com/
My Artstation | Deviantart | Youtube | Furaffinity

Thank You ZoS!:
◙ Blackfeather Court banker/merchant
◙ Gloam Indrik
◙ Re-release Gloam Wolf Mount

Let's See It Happen ZoS:
◙ /honorloop emote
◙ cross-legged sitting emote
◙ Evergloam house
◙ Hagraven Polymorph
◙ Hagraven Houseguest
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is normal. Characters on PTS are alternated between NA copies and EU copies every few weeks. The patch notes usually say when a new character copy is made and which one it is.
  • thegreatme
    thegreatme
    ✭✭✭✭
    feyii wrote: »
    This is normal. Characters on PTS are alternated between NA copies and EU copies every few weeks. The patch notes usually say when a new character copy is made and which one it is.

Hm, well that's frustrating. I would have done more earlier if I knew I'd get a wipe midway through. Can't be helped though.
    Join my Nocturnal-devoted Mercenary Reach guild! https://esokrakeclan.weebly.com/
    My Artstation | Deviantart | Youtube | Furaffinity

Thank You ZoS!:
    ◙ Blackfeather Court banker/merchant
    ◙ Gloam Indrik
    ◙ Re-release Gloam Wolf Mount

Let's See It Happen ZoS:
    ◙ /honorloop emote
    ◙ cross-legged sitting emote
    ◙ Evergloam house
    ◙ Hagraven Polymorph
    ◙ Hagraven Houseguest
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is pretty dumb. Just found this out as well, seems like a huge waste of time. I made 2 in the first week, skipped a week, maybe two and came back today to find they were wiped. Not worth the effort to test anyway since they don't fix *** on release.
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    feyii wrote: »

Dont you normally have your live characters to work with on the PTS as well? Because today im only seeing the option to create a new char, not use my current ones. And my any race any alliance is gone. Hmmm
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is pretty dumb. Just found this out as well, seems like a huge waste of time. I made 2 in the first week, skipped a week, maybe two and came back today to find they were wiped. Not worth the effort to test anyway since they don't fix *** on release.

Its a good way to make sure that the PTS is actually used for testing, as opposed to players deciding to just do content with template characters and their gear or do housing with unlimited crowns.

Its good for testing character or cosmetic concepts, not a substitute for the Live servers.
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 2 mega servers can’t be mixed, so as said they are changing between them. Normally na the first two weeks and then eu.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's been this way for years, @SpiderKnight ... character copies/templates are wiped about every two weeks during the active PTS cycle.

I made another character template after the EU character copy ... which maybe took 30 minutes excluding applying outfits.

Y9Yqmpd.png

• SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's been this way for years, @SpiderKnight ... character copies/templates are wiped about every two weeks during the active PTS cycle.

I made another character template after the EU character copy ... which maybe took 30 minutes excluding applying outfits.

Y9Yqmpd.png

This is my first pts. I haven't been on PC since I started ESO in April '15, moved to ps4 at console launch, just recently came back. It took me a long time to figure things out on pts, it led me to buying ESO+ on this side :neutral:. But I guess I agree with what's said up there, limit non-testing playtime of pts.
    Edited by SpiderKnight on May 14, 2020 1:39AM
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's also fair for those that play on the opposite server. Since they can't have both EU and NA combined, it would suck to not get a chance to test with your own characters every once in awhile. NA already (usually) gets more time as is.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • SaintAemilian

Its a good way to make sure that the PTS is actually used for testing, as opposed to players deciding to just do content with template characters and their gear or do housing with unlimited crowns.

Its good for testing character or cosmetic concepts, not a substitute for the Live servers.

What the ***?
    [snip]

Edit for Discussing Disciplinary Action.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on September 1, 2021 9:17PM
  • SaintAemilian
    Also, I hope that some players with too much time on their hands decide to spend a week playing the entire game on the server, and taking advantage of every exploit they can.

#JustSayin'
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings all!

Upon a quick review, we would like to remind everyone that all posts should be kept civil, constructive, and within the guidelines of the Community Rules. If there may be any questions in regards to the rules, please take a few moments to review them here.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post