The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Mac launcher not working

Carcharodontosaurus
I redownloaded ESO to see what's new but the launcher says "The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of macOS. Contact the developer for more information."

Is there any way to fix this issue?

My Mac is a Macbook Pro Mid 2015 15inch with Catalina
  • thedavidventer
    thedavidventer
    ✭✭✭
    That’s very strange. That’s seems like a 32bit app error but that shouldn’t be happening as the game is 64 bit now and other macOS gamers aren’t having this issue. There might be something else wrong here. Are you sure you’re using the new launcher? Do you have the launcher and the eso app added to the macOS system preferences security, accessibility? I suggest contacting ESO support through the support ticket system because it seems like these “Customer Support” Mac forums are being ignored by the ZOS Support team. Also, when you get the first ticket response by email, it’s generally some copy/paste knowledge base article that’s not even related to, or doesn’t solve the issue, then you have to respond to that for an actual person to see your query and hopefully assist you in resolving it. Keep in mind that the support team is also probably overwhelmed with the amount of tickets right now due to more people playing while in lockdown so you’ll probably have to wait a week or two for an actual human to get back to you.
    Edited by thedavidventer on May 7, 2020 1:58PM
    David Venter - Digital Creator, macOS Gamer, Graphic Designer, Music Producer
    Official Website | Facebook (Page) | Facebook (Profile) | Instagram | Twitter | Other Links
  • ZOS_Chiroptera
    ZOS_Chiroptera
    ✭✭✭
    Hi @Carcharodontosaurus, as suggested above, please open a support ticket here and a support agent will be happy to help you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Carcharodontosaurus
    That’s very strange. That’s seems like a 32bit app error but that shouldn’t be happening as the game is 64 bit now and other macOS gamers aren’t having this issue. There might be something else wrong here. Are you sure you’re using the new launcher? Do you have the launcher and the eso app added to the macOS system preferences security, accessibility? I suggest contacting ESO support through the support ticket system because it seems like these “Customer Support” Mac forums are being ignored by the ZOS Support team. Also, when you get the first ticket response by email, it’s generally some copy/paste knowledge base article that’s not even related to, or doesn’t solve the issue, then you have to respond to that for an actual person to see your query and hopefully assist you in resolving it. Keep in mind that the support team is also probably overwhelmed with the amount of tickets right now due to more people playing while in lockdown so you’ll probably have to wait a week or two for an actual human to get back to you.

Thanks. I submitted a ticket.
  • thedavidventer
    thedavidventer
    ✭✭✭
    It seems ok for me so far, albeit with the following caveats:

1) SUPER LOOOOOOOOONG Loading screens. Way longer than before.
    2) Without proper retina resolution support on the macOS game client, things look even more blurry when using TAA anti-aliasing, so I'm still using FXAA in order to not feel blind with the limited resolution on the macOS game client.
    3) Windowed (Fullscreen) mode is still broken/incompatible with macOS fullscreen/spaces functionality.
    4) Xbox One Wireless Controller input is still broken/messed up on the macOS game client. (Most buttons don't work and those that do perform the incorrect functions).
    5) Steam Overlay is still broken (Still can't buy crowns in-game through the Steam Overlay).

On a more positive note, there is some improvement in the macOS game client:
    1) Since we're forced to play in a bordered window, at least we now have dark mode, Yay!
    2) We can now quit the game without having to force-quit through the macOS activity monitor, it actually quits. Cool!

Here's hoping the other issues mentioned above will also get fixed!
    David Venter - Digital Creator, macOS Gamer, Graphic Designer, Music Producer
    Official Website | Facebook (Page) | Facebook (Profile) | Instagram | Twitter | Other Links