Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Too much moderation

AbraXuSeXile
AbraXuSeXile
✭✭✭✭✭
Do we really need all these moderated threads, constantly deleting posts and editing the smallest ammount of banter.

We play an MMO we aint snowflakes, we are suppose to be at war, let the banter and flames happen within reason. It doesnt need to be toxic to have some drama, this just looks like a dead game with no competitive edge.

If people are offended if someone says daggerfall sucks, sure let them report it.

Im sure people remember the old Bloodthorn and Thornblade threads they was actually more fun than the game.
AbraXuS
Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
Clan Leader of eXile
Gaming Community - Est. 1999
Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do we really need all these moderated threads, constantly deleting posts and editing the smallest ammount of banter.

We play an MMO we aint snowflakes, we are suppose to be at war, let the banter and flames happen within reason. It doesnt need to be toxic to have some drama, this just looks like a dead game with no competitive edge.

If people are offended if someone says daggerfall sucks, sure let them report it.

Im sure people remember the old Bloodthorn and Thornblade threads they was actually more fun than the game.

We do.....but this is much more than just over moderation. Its more nefarious than that.....this is what happens when you are incompetent and have an army of moderators working when no coders are working---they kill any suggestion that the allocation of resources is out of balance and simply silence all push back from the community or kill any questions that might have some merit to them. If you cant answer and dont have the talent to fix the problem, use the resources you have to silence that getting out to the public you plan on robbing of cash on the next chapter release. Its the most ***-esque approach one could have and its where we are today. Even the moderators are no longer following the rules of the game itself, they are required to message people with the reasons threads and posts are taken down, yet they haven't been doing that either for quite a while now.

Edited by Soul_Demon on May 5, 2020 2:28PM
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soul_Demon wrote: »

We play an MMO we aint snowflakes, we are suppose to be at war, let the banter and flames happen within reason. It doesnt need to be toxic to have some drama,
    [...]

Can't agree more.

MMO is pvp, pvp on forum may exist ;)
    It's a part of the fun.

(of course according to respecting the rules of conduct)

Edited by Xarc on May 5, 2020 1:50PM
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we are suppose to be at war,

I see the issue here.

The forum is not a place for war. The game is.
  • Q_Q
    Q_Q
    ✭✭✭
    I thought I was the only one who felt this way. I am on eggshells in this game and on the forums. It’s a rated E game. There is no way this noncursing , no blood having, non nudity showing, reporting every negative thing about eso game is rated E.
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    we are suppose to be at war,

I see the issue here.

The forum is not a place for war. The game is.

The forum category is alliance war. I dont feel i need to say anymore.

Some players are just people who just light attack people on a keep wall and this is enjoyment, but i hope i say most of us want something competitive an edge. If we take a nasty death i hope someone comes on the forum and slags us off for it, gives the drive and motivation to keep performance high.
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• ZOS_RogerJ
    ZOS_RogerJ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings! We've closed this thread as it violated our community rules around Discussing Disciplinary Actions.

Per the community rules, if you ever have questions or concerns about a disciplinary action or decision we have made on the ESO forums, or wish to appeal a forum warning or infraction you’ve received, we ask that you please contact https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/ to do so (please specify that you are contacting about a forum-related inquiry or appeal). We are happy to discuss and review specific moderation-related actions with you, but we do not allow discussion of any moderation actions or decisions on our forums.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.