Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

50 Lost Transmute Crystals

Shantu
Shantu
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
On the evening of 4/29/2020 I attempted to transmute a gold Ring of the Two-Fanged Snake from Robust to Bloodthirsty. The transmutation failed but still removed 50 transmute crystals from my account. I had 191 crystals before the attempt, 141 afterward, while the ring still had a Robust trait. While I'm not sure this is relevant, the incident did happen just after the emergency maintenance shut down on the same evening. I will note also that I closed the transmutation screen very quickly (as I have a tendency to do with all screens) after the attempt. While I'm not sure this is what caused the failure, in the past if noticed that closing a screen to improve a crafted item too quickly will also result in a failure to improve the item.

I have filed a bug report (200429-009167) and submitted a customer service ticket with Bethesda (200429-009201).

I received an automated response from Bethesda support asking me 1) the name of the item I wished to be refunded, 2) what currency was used to purchase the item, and 3) when was the item purchased. I responded with an explanation of the issue and that I'm not asking for refund of currency. I've not had much luck with their support in the past and this ticket response does not look like it's off to a good start.

I would really just like my 50 transmute crystals returned to my account. I'm sure you can trace my account data to verify the 50 crystals loss on the evening of 4/29/2020 with no change to any item traits. 50 transmute crystals don't come easy (to me) and that loss is a pretty stiff price to pay for a bug in the game.

I have maintained an active 6 month subscription for 3+ years. I hope you can help. Thanks.
  • ZOS_Chiroptera
    ZOS_Chiroptera
    ✭✭✭
    Hi @Shantu, we can confirm that we have received your update to your ticket. A support agent will reach out as soon as possible.

Please be aware that response times may be longer than usual because we are experiencing high contact volumes.

Thank you for understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post