The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Why can't Zenimax corp hire more staff to help the current workers at ZoS?

Digiman
Digiman
✭✭✭✭✭
Literal crap maintenance cycles that solve nothing, lots of bugs, so much penny pinching for a game that gives truck loads of money from customers.... these idiots know publishers like them died from being greedy, or do they hope their buddies in corporate will save them while they underpay their staff? Give ZoS some actual funding you worthless suits. Or its your career on the chopping block from the shareholders.... and I will make sure.
  • TineaCruris
    TineaCruris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be an expense, and people are still spending boatloads of money on this game even in the state it's in. How do you know these policies of selling shiny objects and not investing in fixes aren't policies the shareholders fully support? I mean, if this is what is making them money, why would they want anything to change? They don't play the game.
  • thedavidventer
    thedavidventer
    ✭✭✭
    They are hiring. Check their website:
    https://jobs.zenimax.com/jobs

Things are just hectic right now with the covid-19 situation. I don’t think that any new staff will actually come on board during this time seeing as they’re not even in the office/studio.
    Edited by thedavidventer on April 30, 2020 12:02AM
    David Venter - Digital Creator, macOS Gamer, Graphic Designer, Music Producer
    Official Website | Facebook (Page) | Facebook (Profile) | Instagram | Twitter | Other Links
  • Fingolfinn01
    Fingolfinn01
    ✭✭✭✭
    they most likely have more than enough staff now. You can't just hire a software engineer and expect him to solve the problem You need experience and the current team has that. There's no easy solution. And it seems the current problems are insurmountable. There best bet at fixing would be making elder scrolls 2 online. They could learn from there past mistakes. They have a winning formula, their are going to be games incoming soon that will replicate this game without the bugs.
    PC-NA
  • PrimusNephilim
    PrimusNephilim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Labor in any business is always understaffed, I operate over 1.5 million Sq Ft of commercial and retail space and they'll never given me the man power I require to manage the facilities, we prioritize and manage the work load. Labor is the first thing to get cut and the last thing to add, to top it all off, in any budget, labor is refereed to as a burden.....makes me feel great when I'm reviewing the next years budget.

I surmise ZOS is no different. Get into business and you'll see for your self.

~ Cheers
  • MilkJugg24
    MilkJugg24
    ✭✭
    If there's anything I've noticed while reading through the forums as of recent, it's that there's a large lack of community management. The 'Unanswered' tab in the top-right is basically proof at this point that there's not really a systematic approach to bug-fixing for player questions and feedback.

If a community manager were to be appointed, they would make sure that most of, if not all questions are either resolved, archived or made notice of to the developers of the game. There are a handful of ZoS devs I've seen going around, but it seems like they simply do not have the time to respond to everyone, whether in ticket or via forum post.

With how non-transparent ZoS seems to be, it's difficult to tell exactly why things are this way.
    I play on PC NA! Currently looking for a casual dungeon and trial group/guild. If you want to talk, feel free to message me here or in-game to Pizza (Yes, I'm the original Pizza)
    Follow me on Twitter for video games and cats. I also casually stream on Twitch!
  • justaquickword
    justaquickword
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nevermind more staff. It's the hamsters that need upgrading.
  • ZOS_FalcoYamaoka
    Greetings,

We've closed this thread due to not offering any ground for constructive discussion. Please keep dialogue purposeful that can lead to creative discussion. If you have any questions about the actions being taken, please take a moment to review our community rules here.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.